Page 6 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 3:18 pm

A foreign government can't prevent a citizen of another country from leaving that country, providing the citizen has a passport or something similar.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 4:02 pm

ironpony wrote:
But the Americans would have to take over the airport and hijack the jetplanes forcing the pilots to fly them out. Because the Afghan government is not going to just let them out. Is that the Americans' plan?

Get your head out of your ass please.

US control shrank DOWN from the almost the whole country DOWN TO the one flyspeck of the capital city, and then down from that to...the airport. And the US is reinforcing that as I understand it. The US military is hiring jets from outside to fly people out.

The first provinces to capitulate to the Taliban, you may recall, were all ones on the border periphery of the country. The country collapsed from the outside in. The Kabul airport is the last island of non Taliban control.

There is no "government" of Afganistan at the moment.

There was the US backed govt. which now no longer exists. The taliban are a loose coalition of guerilla fighters who have come out of the woodwork to take over the country, but they have not produced a "government" to replace the collapsed government yet. They dont have "law enforcement officers". They just have guys in turbans harrassing the locals with automatic rifles who take orders from local guerrilla cheiftains.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 5:55 pm

Oh okay, so does that mean that the airport is abandoned then and there are just empty plains waiting if there is no government, or at least no law enforcement around?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 5:55 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
A foreign government can't prevent a citizen of another country from leaving that country, providing the citizen has a passport or something similar.

But I thought the Americans would have been wanted for war crimes, and therefore, the government can stop them from leaving?

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 6:25 pm

I swore I would avoid posting in the PPR Board and I really hope I dont get in trouble, but I need to get something off my chest with the anniversary of 9/11 coming up and the deep mess that our country is sinking into.

If 9/11 were to happen TODAY we all know that Donald Trump and his supporters in the GOP would be laughing their asses off saying that those 'lefties' and 'liberals' in New York City 'got what they deserved' while the QAnon would be spreading lies and conspiracy theories on social media about how it was all just fake news and a hoax orchestrated by satan-worshipping pedophiles trying to gain sympathy for the Democrats.

That is exactly how far down the craphole this country has sunk. Its depressing to think that all it took to bring The USA to its knees was one hateful unhinged narcissist with a large fanbase and a global pandemic.

And things are only going to get worst from here folks....

♤ The Military

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 6:34 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, so does that mean that the airport is abandoned then and there are just empty plains waiting if there is no government, or at least no law enforcement around?

As I just explained, and as every damned news outlet is reporting ...the airport is the last remnant of US control of the Texas sized country. And its mobbed by activity. The opposite of abandoned. Please remove your head from your ass, and try to grasp that.

Planes bringing troops in, and other planes taking desperate Americans and Afg refugees out out.

Surrounding the airport is a ring of American, NATO, and maybe remnant Afghan, forces. Defending the place, and trying to control the mobs. Beyond that ring of defense are the desperate mobs of civilians trying to get into the airport to flee the Taliban. And beyond that second ring is the rest of the city and the rest of the whole country, which is now controlled by the Taliban. Thats the image I am trying to convey.

Imagine a war machine that controlled a Texas sized country, and imagine it suddenly shrinking down so far and so fast that it now only controls a single airport in that country. Thats what happened.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 6:56 pm

And one more thing. What also upsets me is knowing that there's a chance it could go the other way around too. If something as tragic as 9/11 were to happen in one of the Red States there probably would be Leftists online mocking the victims assuming that they were all Far Right Trump Supporters who deserved it.

And I know this for a fact because I have read some nasty comments on social media posts, and there really have been people on the left saying that they're actually happy that the virus is spreading around and killing so many people in red states like in Florida (which I happen to live next to) because they believd this is somehow a silver lining to let Trump supporters die from a deadly pandemic. They dont even seem to care that not everyone in these red states supports Trump or governors like DeSantis or Abott.

Ugh... :roll:

♤ The Military

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 7:12 pm

Anyways I apologize for ranting... I'm just really disgusted at the way our country has torn itself apart over this red state vs blue state right vs left crap. It scares me to be honest.

America should be neither blue nor red, because we are really several shades of purple just like Mitch McConnell. :lol:

(Yes I stole that joke from Bill Maher) :nerdy:

♤ The Military

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 7:52 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
America should be neither blue nor red, because we are really several shades of purple just like Mitch McConnell.
Mitch McConnel isn't "purple". He's a dangerous RINO. In other words, a traitor to the American people. ("What's a RINO?") See here: https://www.google.com/search?q=RINO&rl ... e&ie=UTF-8

Last edited by Aspie1 on 26 Aug 2021, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 8:39 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Mitch McConnel isn't "purple".

♤ The Military

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 12:16 am

Aspie1 wrote:
He's a dangerous RINO.

I thought he was a turtle.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 12:18 am

naturalplastic wrote:
ironpony wrote:
But the Americans would have to take over the airport and hijack the jetplanes forcing the pilots to fly them out. Because the Afghan government is not going to just let them out. Is that the Americans' plan?

Get your head out of your ass please.

US control shrank DOWN from the almost the whole country DOWN TO the one flyspeck of the capital city, and then down from that to...the airport. And the US is reinforcing that as I understand it. The US military is hiring jets from outside to fly people out.

The first provinces to capitulate to the Taliban, you may recall, were all ones on the border periphery of the country. The country collapsed from the outside in. The Kabul airport is the last island of non Taliban control.

There is no "government" of Afganistan at the moment.

There was the US backed govt. which now no longer exists. The taliban are a loose coalition of guerilla fighters who have come out of the woodwork to take over the country, but they have not produced a "government" to replace the collapsed government yet. They dont have "law enforcement officers". They just have guys in turbans harrassing the locals with automatic rifles who take orders from local guerrilla cheiftains.

And presumably have already killed women for not wearing a tent over their head, can you imagine being gunned down for not having the right headwear?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 5:39 am

Dox47 wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
He's a dangerous RINO.
I thought he was a turtle.
Please tell me you're only pretending to be obtuse! RINO means "Republican in Name Only". A Democrat infiltrator, basically.

Unless more people "Q"uestion authority, the Democrats will make the Taliban look like the Woodstock hippies in comparison!

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Aug 2021, 9:37 am

^Dox's post is meant as a joke - don't take it seriously...

I am not sure what you mean by the Democrat / Taliban comparison in your post, but I expect that's tongue in cheek as well.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2021, 9:14 am

King0fSpades wrote:
Anyways I apologize for ranting... I'm just really disgusted at the way our country has torn itself apart over this red state vs blue state right vs left crap. It scares me to be honest.

America should be neither blue nor red, because we are really several shades of purple just like Mitch McConnell. :lol:

How did this red vs. blue debate start though, anyway?

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2021, 9:27 am

ironpony wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

How did this red vs. blue debate start though, anyway?

I have no idea... I think it's a problem that's been brewing for decades now but once Trump got elected he really started pouring gasoline on the fire.

I don't think there has been this much tension in the US since the 1960's... :(

♤ The Military