Page 3 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,128
Location: Queens, NYC

04 Aug 2021, 6:57 am

At least Ford and Carter were viable as Presidents.

Trump was a clown.



Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,022
Location: United States

04 Aug 2021, 7:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn’t have objected in the least if a Republican like John McCain would have been elected President.
McCain is an old-school Republican, who favor the 1%-ers and the giant corporations. I want a Republican like Trump, who favor the working class and small businesses, and don't give handouts to freeloaders. If Mr. Trump himself isn't an option, then I want Ron DeSantis or Kristi Noem.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,877
Location: Adelaide, Australia

04 Aug 2021, 7:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Imagine if this happened in the UK Houses of Parliament?
It did happen. Charles I fought a whole war against British parlement.
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn’t have objected in the least if a Republican like John McCain would have been elected President.
If you look on Facebook you'll find Trump stans photoshopping pictures of Trump in military garb. As you know Trump, who has never served made fun of McCain, an actual veteren. I find it sad that the "support the troops" crowd want to support someone who makes fun of veterans over veterens.
kraftiekortie wrote:
At least Ford and Carter were viable as Presidents.
I still can't wrap my head around this question. Why did millions of people vote for him?


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,128
Location: Queens, NYC

04 Aug 2021, 7:04 am

I know about Charles I, obviously……I was speaking in terms of contemporary conditions.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,128
Location: Queens, NYC

04 Aug 2021, 7:05 am

Trump only favors himself and the acolytes who stroke his ego.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,877
Location: Adelaide, Australia

04 Aug 2021, 7:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I know about Charles I, obviously……I was speaking in terms of contemporary conditions.
I know you know. Everyone knows. If it happened under contemporary conditions it would probably produce the same results. It did last time.
Aspie1 wrote:
I want a Republican like Trump, who favor the working class and small businesses, and don't give handouts to freeloaders.
Dude, he is a freeloader.
Aspie1 wrote:
If Mr. Trump himself isn't an option, then I want Ron DeSantis or Kristi Noem.
Florida man for president! :D


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,877
Location: Adelaide, Australia

04 Aug 2021, 7:25 am

ironpony wrote:
They would probably just think it's too politically incorrect to attack back today, and just not do anything I am guessing?

Maybe I've been spending too much time on Facebook but the false notionthat the US wouldn't retaliate after an atttack for fear of being "politically correct" reminds of me conservative Facebook memes like that.

Image


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,128
Location: Queens, NYC

04 Aug 2021, 7:30 am

I happen to love America and its flag.

If Trump would have won, American values would have been threatened.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,128
Location: Queens, NYC

04 Aug 2021, 8:17 am

The stench of all the extra bodies in the extra graves belies the “scam” aspect of this Pandemic.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,877
Location: Adelaide, Australia

04 Aug 2021, 8:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If Trump would have won, American values would have been threatened.

That's the trick you see. Every conservative accusation is a confession.


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,022
Location: United States

04 Aug 2021, 9:31 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
If Mr. Trump himself isn't an option, then I want Ron DeSantis or Kristi Noem.
Florida man for president! :D
How about South Dakota woman? 8)



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,877
Location: Adelaide, Australia

04 Aug 2021, 9:36 am

Aspie1 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
If Mr. Trump himself isn't an option, then I want Ron DeSantis or Kristi Noem.
Florida man for president! :D
How about South Dakota woman? 8)
Can she wrestle gators and use chicken nuggets as weapons?


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,022
Location: United States

04 Aug 2021, 9:42 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Can she wrestle gators and use chicken nuggets as weapons?
Beats me. But she can ride a horse western-style like a pro. And she likes the Sturgis motorcycle rally.



0xF5F5F5
Butterfly
Butterfly

Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 14

15 Aug 2021, 3:45 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
We’re more concerned about domestic, far-right terrorism now than about foreign terrorists.

1/6 changed everything just as much as 9/11.


A larp by Q-anon boomers at worst, and a Trump rally at best (there's always lefties damaging property at those things),

it is a god damn f*****g joke to see anyone compare 9/11 to this s**t.

Anyone who believes that s**t is completely uninformed, or has never seen candid video/audio of the planes crashing into WTC on 9/11/2001, WTC collapsing on 9/11, people falling from WTC on 9/11, people running from the collapsing WTC slowly dying from the toxic air they choked on



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,873
Location: Long Island, New York

15 Aug 2021, 9:22 am

0xF5F5F5 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
We’re more concerned about domestic, far-right terrorism now than about foreign terrorists.

1/6 changed everything just as much as 9/11.


A larp by Q-anon boomers at worst, and a Trump rally at best (there's always lefties damaging property at those things),

it is a god damn f*****g joke to see anyone compare 9/11 to this s**t.

Anyone who believes that s**t is completely uninformed, or has never seen candid video/audio of the planes crashing into WTC on 9/11/2001, WTC collapsing on 9/11, people falling from WTC on 9/11, people running from the collapsing WTC slowly dying from the toxic air they choked on


Similarities.
In both cases the likely intent was to kill congressmen. The target of the flight that crashed in Pennsylvania after a passenger rebellion was believed to be Congress or the White House with Congress more likely.

Differences
As you pointed out massive difference in the amount of death and destruction.
Whatever you might think of 9/11 conspiracy theories the American public has accepted that it was outsiders that did 9/11 compared with Americans who did 1/6. Psychologists can answer to why better than I but it does seem to hurt more is more psychologically damaging when it comes from within.

1/6 was way way more then a larp. The Shaman and other theater have made it too easy to dismiss 1/6. It is too easy to dismiss 1/6 because of what did not happen instead of looking at what came too close to happening. There were members of hardcore domestic terrorist groups in that crowd. For arguments sakes lets say they were delusional role players. What would have happened if somehow the got to the Congressmen or Pence and killed them or put them on trial as part of the “game”? Is that any less bad?


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,022
Location: United States

15 Aug 2021, 9:37 am

If 9/11 happened today, Biden and Harris would issue a stand-down orders to our servicemen. Just like Democrat mayors issued stand-down orders to our police officers while our cities were getting looted and burned down.

All to further the Democrat agenda to destroy America and turn it into an open-bordered liberal wasteland.