Page 2 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 12:08 am

ironpony wrote:
But I don't think that building Afghanistan was the point was it? I meant I thought that it accomplished going after those responsible, yes. I didn't know that rebuilding Afghanistan was such a big deal in the case of retaliation?

you're making a distinction without a difference.

First off the 80's US policy of aiding the Jihadist guerillas in Afghanistan against the Soviet occupation lead to the Taliban taking over the country in the first place. So the US already felt responsible for the Taliban tyranny there.

Second - yes - in response to 9-11- we intended to just jump into the country - and destroy the perps- and then get out. But mission creep was inevitable. How could it NOT be? We were hunting Al Queda but the country we were hunting them was run by regime allied to Queda. So we HAD to do regime change to get rid of the ally of our enemy. And to do THAT we had install a new government. And to do that we had try to export ideas about democracy to mideaval primitive country that had little tradition of even being a unified kingdom- let alone a democracy- and had always been run by local tribes and warlords. So had we to invest in building up the country. Build up infrastructure (which required putting off building up our own infrastructure) And ...we swallowed the cat to catch the bird, because we swallowed the bird to catch the spider, because we swalled the spider to catch the flie....

salad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 12:41 am

Taking out the bastards who did 9/11 wasnt the problem

Turning America into a perpetual warmongering imperialist in the Middle East was the problem

I can perfectly understand trying to hunt down Bin Laden and cripple Al-Qaeda

But starting an illegal war in Iraq and destroying the country, as well as reigning bombs callously over the Middle East is a lot harder to defend.

Master Oogway

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 1:54 am

funeralxempire wrote:
ironpony wrote:
But I don't think that building Afghanistan was the point was it? I meant I thought that it accomplished going after those responsible, yes. I didn't know that rebuilding Afghanistan was such a big deal in the case of retaliation?

They usually tried to talk about helping the people of Afghanistan, not collectively punishing them because Al Qaeda had sought refuge there.

Afghanistan, under King Zahir Shah and Daoud Khan (ruled 1973-78), was a progressive country and was a world leader in women's rights.

Do you think those days will ever return?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 2:10 am

Oh well I was just talking about if America would go after the attackers nowadays. I wasn't talking about installing a new government or invading other countries that didn't have anything to do with it in the progress like back then.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 2:37 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Wasn't 9/11 used as justification to go to war with people that had nothing to do with the attack? .

You mean the fact the Saudi royal family organised the attack on the Twin towers and then their family was flown out of the US on first class tickets back to Riyadh after which the US went after targets had they had their eye on before due to things relating to the price of oil.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 3:28 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Wasn't 9/11 used as justification to go to war with people that had nothing to do with the attack?

W.Bush launched two wars. One was the war in Afghanistan, the other the slightly later started war in Iraq to overthrow Saddam Hussien. Both ran concurrently after the Iraq invasion.

The first was to avenge 9-11 because Afghanistan was where the attack came from.

The second was just using 9-11 as an excuse to over throw a secular (non Jihadist) dictator who had nothing to do with the 9-11 attacks on America. No one from Iraq was directly involved in the attacks.

So yes.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 3:36 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
We would retaliate but instead of uniting we would divide further. 9/11 conspiracy theories happened in a major way then, they would be much more popular today("Fake news, the hijackers and victims are crises actors", ). And of course, there would be anti lockdown riots. And systemic racism would be brought into it in some way.
That's already been done. There are people who say that 9/11 was a politically motivated inside job. Which is false beyond false.

Covid and the maskless looting that accompanied it, on the other hand, ARE inside jobs meant to undermine Trump. They were sponsored by George Soros, propagandized by the liberal media, reinforced by Anthony Fauci, and carried out by Democrat politicians and domestic terrorists known as Antifa.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 5:06 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
We would retaliate but instead of uniting we would divide further. 9/11 conspiracy theories happened in a major way then, they would be much more popular today("Fake news, the hijackers and victims are crises actors", ). And of course, there would be anti lockdown riots. And systemic racism would be brought into it in some way.
That's already been done. There are people who say that 9/11 was a politically motivated inside job. Which is false beyond false.

Covid and the maskless looting that accompanied it, on the other hand, ARE inside jobs meant to undermine Trump. They were sponsored by George Soros, propagandized by the liberal media, reinforced by Anthony Fauci, and carried out by Democrat politicians and domestic terrorists known as Antifa.

So...George Soros was able to bribe the entire nation of mainland China to release a virus....that killed thousands in China itself, and then spread around the world...and is killing thousands around the world in India and in Brazil and everywhere else as we speak...but also finally reached the USA, and is still killing thousands here...just in order to... embarrass Trump?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 8:50 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
So...George Soros was able to bribe the entire nation of mainland China to release a virus....that killed thousands in China itself, and then spread around the world...and is killing thousands around the world in India and in Brazil and everywhere else as we speak...but also finally reached the USA, and is still killing thousands here...just in order to... embarrass Trump?
The only true part of the scamdemic is that the virus was made in a lab in Wuhan, and Soros paid them to make it. He also paid the liberal media to spread fear about it, and the Democrat governors to shut down their states. The rest is a political inside job. Although, I have a hunch that even Soros himself underestimated the damage his sponsored creation will do.

The lab made the virus. So the virus is real. China was simply a convenient place to make it, because the Democrats are in bed with the Chinese Communist Party. Then, Soros and the Democrats took advantage of the scamdemic to rig the US election. They paid the Democrat governors to lock down the states, wreck the economy, create widespread mental illness from social isolation, destroy jobs, and last but not least, create mass fear by paying looters to vandalize American cities and kill small businesses. In the end, Trump was supposed to get blamed for it all, and thus lose the election. It was also a ploy to expand mail-in voting, because mail ballots can easily be forged and/or altered. And apparently, it worked---we now have Joe Beijing in the White House.

My own mental health last year did not improve until I started "Q"uestioning authority.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 5:36 am

Aspie1 wrote:
China was simply a convenient place to make it, because the Democrats are in bed with the Chinese Communist Party.

Not really. Communists utterly despise the Democrat party. Remember that communists use the term liberal as an insult meaning "evil person who isn't far left enough". The communists believe the Democrats are a bunch of evil centrists.

Aspie1 wrote:
Then, Soros and the Democrats took advantage of the scamdemic to rig the US

Of course. The Democrats, realising that Trump was too incompetent to deal with a crisis, created a crysis. If only Trump wasn't an utter buffoon he wouldn't have allowed himself to be manipulated so easily.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 5:39 am

If 9/11 were to happen today?

Don't travel by aircraft and keep out of tall or famous buildings.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 5:50 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Of course. The Democrats, realising that Trump was too incompetent to deal with a crisis, created a crysis. If only Trump wasn't an utter buffoon he wouldn't have allowed himself to be manipulated so easily.
He's still better than Biden. Trump loves America and its people, his flaws nonewithstanding. Biden is the Chinese Communist Party's bribed lackey. I want Trump for president in 2024.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 6:23 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Trump loves America and its people
Especially the poorly educated ones.
Aspie1 wrote:
I want Trump for president in 2024.
The GOP won't choose him for their next election. It's been over a century since they went with someone who has lost an election.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 6:50 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

The GOP won't choose him for their next election. It's been over a century since they went with someone who has lost an election.
"Educated" = indoctrinated by Marxist colleges.

Trump lost the election because the mail-in ballots were altered or fabricated. That was the goal of the scamdemic all along: to expand voting by mail under the pretext of social distancing, thus making it easy to falsify the ballots.

Last edited by Aspie1 on 04 Aug 2021, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 6:51 am

Trump wanted to assume dictatorial powers.

He sought to overturn the results of a free election through an insurrection in the Capitol Building—where Congress conducts its business.

Imagine if this happened in the UK Houses of Parliament?

It’s not that Trump is a Republican…..it’s that he’s a megalomaniac dictator wannabe.

I wouldn’t have objected in the least if a Republican like John McCain would have been elected President.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 6:54 am

Aspie1 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

"Educated" = liberally indoctrinated.

Trump lost the election because the mail-in ballots were altered or fabricated. That was the goal of the scamdemic all along: to expand voting by mail under the pretext of social distancing, thus making it easy to falsify the ballots.

"Poorly educated" = easily scammed by conservatives.

Trump is just a sore loser who made up an unbelievable story when he lost. He will forever be in the one termer club along with Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter.