To those whom want to be Neurotypical

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 4:45 am

You might want to think about this carefully.

Their feelings are completely different..how they feel, how they experience those feelings...they are shallow and do not run deep, do not excite and do not fulfill.

They make your muscles cramp up...and leave your heart empty.

I can't explain how I know except to say my brain has been malfunctioning lately and I am experiencing feelings I am very unfamiliar with and have never had before.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 4:48 am

Also do you really want endless social engagements where you cannot experience do things and loving things and trying new things because it is too people focused? All the focus is on them and feelings for them without any joy and excitement over a good book, riding on the rollercoaster and enjoying the experience, the beauty of creating or completing a new arts and crafts kit or doing a new jigsaw puzzle?

There is no joy neurotypical feelings because they are too people centered.

Be careful what you wish for.

Being NT isn't just being more socially popular, it completely changes how you experience your own feelings and even how you experience feelings of love. Its different.

It made my muscles cramp up.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 4:50 am

I am more loving and have more compassion as an autistic because my usual feelings run much deeper and do not just focus on humans, it focuses on many things, human and animals included.

It brings such joy unlike neurotypical feelings.

They are surface only.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 4:51 am

I think autistic love is better because it does not just focus on humans only.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 4:52 am

With autism there is love everywhere and in everything whether you have people in your life or not.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 4:56 am

Also their way of thinking is too self focussed.

My mind is usually interested in whatever subject I am reading about (Ie ghosts and hauntings and any experiences people have had in the area I am exploring) whereas theirs is purely focused on their own ego and feelings of worth.

I don't like it...i think the ghosty experiences are more fun and interesting.

Also if they help someone like a starving kid in a third world country they only care about whether it makes them worthy (purely on self) whereas my focus is on the welfare for the child and the compassion I feel for him.

I prefer the feeling of the latter...its lighter, less self absorbed, nicer, softer and more gentle.

I don't want to be neurotypical its too narcissistic. Narcissism feels horrible. Yack

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 5:00 am

I don't like having feelings Ive never had before, they are not familar to me and its not how my feelings work...it made my muscles tense up.

Please consider if you really want to be a neurotypical before making such statements...its really not all just about having more mates.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2021, 6:42 am

I think Aspergers love is better because you live an breath for that person, they also become an interest for you to explore and you would die for them.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 12:00 pm

I'm Aspie but I'm subconsciously focused on people. Even my special interests were centred around people. Social approval from others is more important to me than learning facts. And neurotypicals don't do everything to prove themselves to others, they do sometimes do some things because they enjoy it and like doing it.

Educate yourself on neurotypicals before you write multiple posts in your own thread assuming how selfish and dull neurotypicals are.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2021, 1:06 pm

You need to get out and meet some real people rather than the ridiculous caricatures and stereotypes portrayed above. You'll find real neurotypical people are just like autistic people. Some are absolute twats and some are really lovely, genuine people who are interested in interesting stuff, with every possible shade in between.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 3:03 pm

I also think that you are generalizing people too much and i don't agree with everything you wrote.

But i agree that i wouldnt want to experience relationships the way neurotypicals do. In my experience also, most People do not care much about friendships after a certain age.
I told this to multiple People and they even agreed with me.

Things that hurt me or make me happy about my friends, most People find it weird and too intense. But i think there is value in my experience and me being created this way.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 5:08 pm

I think I just want to be neurotypical for the sake of being in the majority. I don't like being in a minority that gets misunderstood and stigmatized.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 6:15 pm

Funny rhetoric all the same. :lol:

I could care less if someone wants to sniff crack, become a degenerate and die on the streets.

Let alone bother people looking at, praying and crying for greener grasses of someone else's pastures, and sell their soul for that.

What, does convincing any socially motivated and emotionally longing aspies would save souls or something?? :lol:

Practice for yourself first.
You're too new at this or that you haven't moved on well yet, OP -- there exists issues any person is not aware of themselves, that includes yourself.

I suggest get more experience first, discover others accounts, other stories and other intricacies with an open mind for yourself.

Then reflect or apply what you find if it's relevant.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Last edited by Edna3362 on 02 Aug 2021, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Something Profound
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2021, 6:30 pm

I lived 38-36 years of my life as a Neurotypical. Not because I am NT, but because I didn't think I might not be, so it wasn't a choice. I do not agree with the broad sweeping generalizations of the original post and subsequent posts; most of them are inaccurate and incorrect to some degree or another, and is another form of othering that just doesn't agree with me.

However, I can see why some people would want to be NT. I wanted to be more "normal" for a long time, and struggled to understand why it was so easy for "normal" people to do things, socialize, have friends, not care about certain things, or care about others that I couldn't care about...go on living without a hyper focus on how unusual things were, how they got away with not seeing obvious problems as if it wasn't a big deal, how they seemed to find it easy to fall in love and have happy family situations, etc.

It is a long list of things I wished I was more capable of that "normal" people did.

But if I was normal, I wouldn't have some of the things that I really like about myself. They wouldn't be as good if I were just "average."

I do not know what it is like to live with the lifelong Stigma Joe90 talks about. And I am irritated that such things exist. For some, it would have been better to not have been diagnosed, and I wish that the stigma that surrounds ASD wasn't there. But for others, like me, the idea of getting a formal diagnosis is something that will be liberating and a huge relief.

It isn't clear cut. And it isn't worth shaming others for wanting to be something else. We all have had that to some degree, and it isn't wrong to want something like that. So please, don't create a lot of misrepresentations of what being NT is to make it seem horrible to others. My experience isn't anyone else's experience, and so I can't judge others for feeling the exact opposite to what I do about their own personal identity experiences.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 6:42 pm

When you have met one NT you have met one NT.

Yes, there are important differences and viva la difference BUT supremacism is always toxic. Autism supremacy is no exception.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

03 Aug 2021, 7:10 am

Generalised thread is generalising.
Please find something non-discriminatory to discuss.

Locked.