Lindsey Graham has breakthrough COVID-19

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 2:49 pm

Sen. Lindsey Graham tests positive for COVID-19

Quote:
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Monday that he has tested positive for COVID-19, despite being vaccinated.

Why it matters: Graham emphasized that the mildness of his symptoms is due to being vaccinated. If he had been unvaccinated his symptoms would be "far worse," he said.

The big picture: Graham received the coronavirus vaccine in December 2020 and has advocated for his constituents to get inoculated.

Graham said he began experiencing flu-like symptoms on Saturday and visited his doctor Monday morning.
He described his symptoms as mild and confirmed that he will quarantine for 10 days.
"I am very glad I was vaccinated because without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now," he wrote. "My symptoms would be far worse."

Of note, the Senate is a closed indoor space and mask-wearing has not been common recently.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman