14 Aug 2021, 2:00 am

Hasn't this goose been cooked? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 2:21 am

Pepe wrote:

The article which I linked above was regarding the fact he had a pre-prepared defence, suggesting he was aware of the problem (to an extent) - Whether he understood what he did was wrong at the time (the earlier portion of the quote is somewhat ambiguous, but suggests he likely was), or if it had been explained to him during the investigation (and so he prepared the rebuttal and video to explain his side\how he was unaware) is unknown:
Quote:
Cuomo knew it would be embarrassing, but he’d preplanned a defense, his own 85-page rebuttal and a 14-minute video with an awkward photomontage of him innocently kissing and hugging all sorts of people.

It also suggests that the tipping pont between him keeping his job, and being forced to resign\be impeached, was the sections about the state trooper (had that not occurred, the outcome may have been different):
Quote:
Worst of all, in the view of the governor’s dwindling number of defenders, were the allegations of a young female state trooper on his personal detail, who testified to investigators the governor alluded to her sex life and ran his hands over her body. Even friends who doubted the credibility or seriousness of the other accusations were aghast. “That trooper story, there’s just no explanation for that,” one person close to the governor said.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 3:17 am

Pepe wrote:

I've got something working down in PPR that should be up shortly, it turns out Cuomo is getting a qualified defense from some very unexpected quarters. Link incoming when I get the post up.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 4:22 am

Dox47 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I've got something working down in PPR that should be up shortly, it turns out Cuomo is getting a qualified defense from some very unexpected quarters. Link incoming when I get the post up.

Well, I thought the Cuomo subject was done and dusted, now that he has resigned.
Shouldn't we moderates save our gloating for another fallen angel Democrat? :mrgreen:

So this is "snot in a handkerchief" stuff, then.
Ok.
I'm in. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 4:51 am

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Well, I thought the Cuomo subject was done and dusted, now that he has resigned.

That depends on whether new\additional information\charges pop up related to these incidents.

Who knows: We may get some interesting legal cases to discuss...

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 6:55 pm

From a NY Times article, referencing Mr. Cuomo's expectations on the outcome of the investigation:

"He had been expecting the report to reflect what he believed were consensual flirtations, people who spoke to him said, or to conclude at minimum that some events were “he-said, she-said.”"

People often have no idea how much their power changes the equation of flirtation. The most recent one I saw thankfully got brought to the guy's attention via a relatively harmless incidence (it always take an incidence to shock people into listening), or things could have played out much worse for him.

Again, I'm not trying to excuse the behavior. I KNOW how damaging the victim's experience can be. But we really need to do a better job of getting individuals to understand how their roles - which evolve throughout life - change the equation. Few harasses are as blatant as Weinstein seemed to have been, knowingly forcing victims into a trade. More often it is someone who has no idea that their recent promotion means they can never again interact casually and playfully with associates without risk being attached.

Anyone climbing the success ladder needs to take the time to learn how relative power plays into EVERY interaction.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 7:04 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
From a NY Times article, referencing Mr. Cuomo's expectations on the outcome of the investigation:

"He had been expecting the report to reflect what he believed were consensual flirtations, people who spoke to him said, or to conclude at minimum that some events were “he-said, she-said.”"

People often have no idea how much their power changes the equation of flirtation. The most recent one I saw thankfully got brought to the guy's attention via a relatively harmless incidence (it always take an incidence to shock people into listening), or things could have played out much worse for him.

Again, I'm not trying to excuse the behavior. I KNOW how damaging the victim's experience can be. But we really need to do a better job of getting individuals to understand how their roles - which evolve throughout life - change the equation. Few harasses are as blatant as Weinstein seemed to have been, knowingly forcing victims into a trade. More often it is someone who has no idea that their recent promotion means they can never again interact casually and playfully with associates without risk being attached.

Anyone climbing the success ladder needs to take the time to learn how relative power plays into EVERY interaction.

Social standards have changed.
Authority figures need to keep up with the program.

If you don't want to give up your flirting privileges, don't accept the job. 8)

But having said that, flirting amongst peers is fraught with risk also these days as a result of woke weaponised political correctness. 8)

Does it show that I am an older person who was brought up with a differing social standard, some elements good, and some elements not so good? :wink:

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 7:22 pm

Pepe wrote:

Does it show that I am an older person who was brought up with a differing social standard, some elements good, and some elements not so good? :wink:

Does it show that I am, as well?

Education is key and, honestly, most workplace training just doesn't hit the power concept hard enough. I can't forgot the associate who was in tears after being fired for harassment. He truly did not get it. He was so very confused. I did the best I could trying to explain it, but I suspect that even decades later he's one of those men claiming to have been targeted by vindictive women. He wasn't. He did exactly what they said he did; he truly thought it was all innocent.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 8:19 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Education is key and, honestly, most workplace training just doesn't hit the power concept hard enough. I can't forgot the associate who was in tears after being fired for harassment. He truly did not get it. He was so very confused. I did the best I could trying to explain it, but I suspect that even decades later he's one of those men claiming to have been targeted by vindictive women. He wasn't. He did exactly what they said he did; he truly thought it was all innocent.

Yes, I am aware that you are old too.
Better? :mrgreen:

I also consider you one of the more rational progressives I have met. 8)

This does happen.
Is it possible the man you were referring to was on the spectrum?
We auties have great difficulties, in regard to personal boundaries.

Did the woman approach the man personally and explain his attention was not wanted?

As a consequence of weaponised political correctness, men tend to "ice off" women in the workforce because of fears of accusations of sexual harassment in the workplace.

I hope you aren't a binarist and believe it is always the men who are at fault, in terms/context of misrepresentation. 8)

I am not convinced Cuomo was innocent, here.
Simply an opinion.
The man is extremely intelligent and should understand where the boundaries are, though even intelligent people are prone to being stupidly seduced by their emotional needs. 8)

I suggest Cuomo should be crucified, but gently and with compassion. :mrgreen:

BTW, I am guessing you are theist/religious? :scratch:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 5:05 am

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=399283

Link to my PPR thread about the Cuomo resignation, featuring some new information from the last people on Earth you'd expect to be defending Andrew Cuomo's conduct in office. Took a little longer than planned as I kept getting distracted both offline and on.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 8:49 pm

Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Yes, I am aware that you are old too.
Better? :mrgreen:

I also consider you one of the more rational progressives I have met. 8)

This does happen.
Is it possible the man you were referring to was on the spectrum?
We auties have great difficulties, in regard to personal boundaries.

Did the woman approach the man personally and explain his attention was not wanted?

As a consequence of weaponised political correctness, men tend to "ice off" women in the workforce because of fears of accusations of sexual harassment in the workplace.

I hope you aren't a binarist and believe it is always the men who are at fault, in terms/context of misrepresentation. 8)

I am not convinced Cuomo was innocent, here.
Simply an opinion.
The man is extremely intelligent and should understand where the boundaries are, though even intelligent people are prone to being stupidly seduced by their emotional needs. 8)

I suggest Cuomo should be crucified, but gently and with compassion. :mrgreen:

BTW, I am guessing you are theist/religious? :scratch:

You might notice that I've generally used terms like "harasser" and "victim" in order to not assume a single gender on either side. And the last time I warned an associate about their behavior it was a female.

I don't know if that man could have been on the spectrum. It was before I tuned into ASD.

There were MULTIPLE women involved, and they were his subordinates, not feeling they could refuse his "friendly" gestures. The situations weren't specifically sexual, but the women felt they potentially were. Complicated - I don't want to give too much away on a public forum.

I think Cuomo will face the consequences he should face.

Will we ever find get politicians that aren't such scummy political animals? Every hero eventually takes a fall. Sigh.

Why does my faith position matter in your eyes? I do have faith, although I'm not down the line with any particular church's teaching. I also find that having faith is a way to establish some credibility with a lot of conservatives.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 7:59 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
You might notice that I've generally used terms like "harasser" and "victim" in order to not assume a single gender on either side. And the last time I warned an associate about their behavior it was a female.

Noted. 8)

DW_a_mom wrote:
I don't know if that man could have been on the spectrum. It was before I tuned into ASD.

There were MULTIPLE women involved, and they were his subordinates, not feeling they could refuse his "friendly" gestures. The situations weren't specifically sexual, but the women felt they potentially were. Complicated - I don't want to give too much away on a public forum.

I won't mention it to anyone if you whisper the juicy details to me, here. :mrgreen:

DW_a_mom wrote:
Will we ever find get politicians that aren't such scummy political animals? Every hero eventually takes a fall. Sigh.

Generally speaking, you need to have a certain personality trait to get involved in politics.
"Ego" is a major element, here.

They say that the best leaders are the ones who don't want the job.
Unfortunately, that really is the case. 8)

Off Topic
DW_a_mom wrote:
Why does my faith position matter in your eyes? I do have faith, although I'm not down the line with any particular church's teaching. I also find that having faith is a way to establish some credibility with a lot of conservatives.

While I am impressed with your reasoning ability, your intellectual complexity, your objectivity, those who embrace religion show signs where their priorities lay.
Can you "connect the dots" to see where I am coming from, or do you need more information? :scratch:

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 10:34 pm

Pepe wrote:

Off Topic
DW_a_mom wrote:

While I am impressed with your reasoning ability, your intellectual complexity, your objectivity, those who embrace religion show signs where their priorities lay.
Can you "connect the dots" to see where I am coming from, or do you need more information? :scratch:

The bleeding heart tendency? Believing in forgiveness and personal growth? The idea that life has a purpose, and we should advance society? Or are those just the thoughts I would want you to pick up on?

I admit to having a bleeding heart, but it is tempered with pragmatism. After all, sometimes the evidence is clear that what is meant as a kindness actually creates harm. Understanding the possibility is essential to effective action.

I do appreciate the compliments. Thank you. I enjoy a good intellectual tangle with worthy opponents, but I am going to have to extract myself relatively soon and focus on my real life obligations.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 3:31 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Off Topic
DW_a_mom wrote:

The bleeding heart tendency? Believing in forgiveness and personal growth? The idea that life has a purpose, and we should advance society? Or are those just the thoughts I would want you to pick up on?

I admit to having a bleeding heart, but it is tempered with pragmatism. After all, sometimes the evidence is clear that what is meant as a kindness actually creates harm. Understanding the possibility is essential to effective action.

I do appreciate the compliments. Thank you. I enjoy a good intellectual tangle with worthy opponents, but I am going to have to extract myself relatively soon and focus on my real life obligations.

This.
An ultra rational person *must* conclude that there is no inherent porpoise in life.
Please refer to Richard Dawkin's "The Selfish Gene". 8)

I didn't need Richard to tell me this.
It is, after all, self-evident. :wink:

BTW, my gang-stalkers don't allow me to have friends.
Be at ease. 8)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 5:42 pm

Former NY Gov. Cuomo charged with sex crime, months after resigning amid harassment probe

Quote:
Former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was charged Thursday with a misdemeanor sex-crime complaint that alleges he forcibly touched a woman last Dec. 7 in the governor’s Executive Mansion in Albany.

The city court issued a summons for Cuomo to appear in that court on the afternoon of Nov. 17, according to a press release issued Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple Sr, whose investigator signed the criminal complaint.

The complaint says that Cuomo, 63, intentionally, “and for no legitimate purpose, forcibly place his hand under the blouse shirt of the victim .... and onto her intimate body part.′

’Specifically, the [victim’s] left breast for the purposes of degrading and gratifying his sexual desires.”

Forcible touching is a Class A misdemeanor. If convicted, Cuomo could be sentenced up to a year in prison, to up to three years of probation.

The victim’s name was redacted from a copy of the complaint released by a spokesman for the New York state courts system.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 6:02 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Former NY Gov. Cuomo charged with sex crime, months after resigning amid harassment probe
Quote:
Former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was charged Thursday with a misdemeanor sex-crime complaint that alleges he forcibly touched a woman last Dec. 7 in the governor’s Executive Mansion in Albany.

The city court issued a summons for Cuomo to appear in that court on the afternoon of Nov. 17, according to a press release issued Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple Sr, whose investigator signed the criminal complaint.

The complaint says that Cuomo, 63, intentionally, “and for no legitimate purpose, forcibly place his hand under the blouse shirt of the victim .... and onto her intimate body part.′

’Specifically, the [victim’s] left breast for the purposes of degrading and gratifying his sexual desires.”

Forcible touching is a Class A misdemeanor. If convicted, Cuomo could be sentenced up to a year in prison, to up to three years of probation.

The victim’s name was redacted from a copy of the complaint released by a spokesman for the New York state courts system.

The cirus continues. 8)