03 Aug 2021, 10:51 am

Horrible!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 11:22 am

It's not as though he wasn't aware of the law, either:

I wonder if his brother will be covering this on CNN?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 11:54 am

Oh, yeah, I forgot his brother was on CNN. That's going to be awkward.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 12:07 pm

Brictoria wrote:

Cuomo’s past condemnation of sexual harassment and abuse
Quote:
Statements Governor Andrew Cuomo made about other politicians regarding sexual harassment and/or abuse could be used in an effort to get him to resign in light of allegations he himself sexually harassed two women who worked in his administration.

When four women accused former New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman of abuse Gov. Cuomo called for an investigation and Schneiderman’s resignation.

Gov. Cuomo also remarked about allegations waged at Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford in October 2018. He called it a “sad day” for the U.S. and said the day of Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh would “haunt us for as long as he is on the court.”

“To Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and all survivors of sexual assault, we believe you and we will fight for you.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 12:09 pm

At least he's going down for something. Imho, he should be charged with murder as well, for what did to all the seniors when we were in lockdown. Cuomo is a prime example of liberal hypocrisy...

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:06 pm

Cuomo Says ‘I Never Touched Anyone Inappropriately’ After Investigation Finds He Sexually Harassed Multiple Women

Quote:
Gov. Andrew Cuomo insisted Tuesday he “never touched anyone inappropriately or made inappropriate sexual advances,” saying he will not step down.

The governor specifically addressed Charlotte Bennett’s claim that he asked her inappropriate questions, including about being a sexual assault survivor, while she worked for him last year. He said her story “resonated deeply with me,” because his own family member survived a sexual assault in high school.

“I did ask her questions I don’t normally ask people. I did ask her how she was doing and how she was feeling, and I did ask questions to try to see if she had positive, supportive dating relationships,” he said. “I thought I had learned enough and had enough personal experience to help her, but I was wrong.”

“Charlotte, I want you to know that I am truly and deeply sorry. I brought my personal experience into the workplace and I shouldn’t have done that. I was trying to help, obviously, I didn’t,” he went on to say. “I wish nothing but good for you and for all survivors of sexual assault.”

The governor went on to address complaints that he put his hands on people’s faces, including Anna Ruch, who he was photographed with at a wedding in 2019.

“I’ve been making the same gesture in public all my life. I actually learned it from my mother and from my father. It is meant to convey warmth, nothing more. Indeed, there are hundreds, if not thousands of photos of me using the exact same gesture,” Cuomo said while playing a slideshow of the photos. “I do it with everyone — Black and white, young and old, straight and LGBTQ, powerful people, friends, strangers, people who I meet on the street.”

Cuomo knows if he can stay out of jail and not get impeached he has a pretty good chance at being reelected. Just a short time ago like 2015 multiple sexual harassment allegations meant you resign. Trump proved that you can survive and thrive despite not only multiple sexual harassment allegations but credible sexual assault and rape allegations. For those thinking Trump was a one off Virginia put a damper on that hope. The Lieutenant Governor faced sexual assault allegations, hung tough and the resignation calls went away, same deal with the Governor and Attorney General after old blackface pictures emerged.

Back in New York Cuomo will likely face Congressmen Lee Zeldin who voted against certifying the election and who emerged as a leading public defender of Trump. So our choice could very well be sexual harasser Cuomo whose decision killed tens of thousands nursing home residents or Zeldin an active participant in the moral equivalent of treason. For non New Yorkers be glad you don’t have to pick our poison.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 6:11 pm

Biden Calls On New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo To Resign After Harassment Report

Quote:
President Biden called on New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign Tuesday after an explosive new report was released by the New York state attorney general's office on allegations of sexual harassment against the governor.

"I think he should resign," Biden said of his fellow Democrat.

He stopped short of calling for Cuomo's impeachment and removal by the New York State Assembly, or whether he should be prosecuted.

Asked if he condones Cuomo's use of a photo of him that the governor is using to defend himself, Biden said, "Look, I'm not going to flyspeck this. I'm sure there were some embraces that were totally innocent, but apparently the attorney general decided there were some that weren't."

Biden, who said he had not spoken with Cuomo on Tuesday, said that he had not read the report in detail and that he only knows the "end result."

Biden has had a long friendship with Cuomo dating back to the years his father, Mario Cuomo, was governor of New York. The elder Cuomo is revered in New York and became a national figure, especially with his 1984 Democratic National Convention speech, laying out the direction for the party while it was in the political wilderness during the Ronald Reagan years.

On Tuesday afternoon, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., also called on Cuomo to resign. She called the investigation "comprehensive" and praised the women who "came forward to speak their truth."

New York's two Senators Schumer and Gillibrand put out a joint statement calling on him to resign. Pretty much the entire NY congressional delegation as well as local officials are saying the same thing.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 6:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Cuomo Says ‘I Never Touched Anyone Inappropriately’ After Investigation Finds He Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
Quote:
Gov. Andrew Cuomo insisted Tuesday he “never touched anyone inappropriately or made inappropriate sexual advances,” saying he will not step down.

The governor specifically addressed Charlotte Bennett’s claim that he asked her inappropriate questions, including about being a sexual assault survivor, while she worked for him last year. He said her story “resonated deeply with me,” because his own family member survived a sexual assault in high school.

“I did ask her questions I don’t normally ask people. I did ask her how she was doing and how she was feeling, and I did ask questions to try to see if she had positive, supportive dating relationships,” he said. “I thought I had learned enough and had enough personal experience to help her, but I was wrong.”

“Charlotte, I want you to know that I am truly and deeply sorry. I brought my personal experience into the workplace and I shouldn’t have done that. I was trying to help, obviously, I didn’t,” he went on to say. “I wish nothing but good for you and for all survivors of sexual assault.”

The governor went on to address complaints that he put his hands on people’s faces, including Anna Ruch, who he was photographed with at a wedding in 2019.

“I’ve been making the same gesture in public all my life. I actually learned it from my mother and from my father. It is meant to convey warmth, nothing more. Indeed, there are hundreds, if not thousands of photos of me using the exact same gesture,” Cuomo said while playing a slideshow of the photos. “I do it with everyone — Black and white, young and old, straight and LGBTQ, powerful people, friends, strangers, people who I meet on the street.”

Cuomo knows if he can stay out of jail and not get impeached he has a pretty good chance at being reelected. Just a short time ago like 2015 multiple sexual harassment allegations meant you resign. Trump proved that you can survive and thrive despite not only multiple sexual harassment allegations but credible sexual assault and rape allegations. For those thinking Trump was a one off Virginia put a damper on that hope. The Lieutenant Governor faced sexual assault allegations, hung tough and the resignation calls went away, same deal with the Governor and Attorney General after old blackface pictures emerged.

Back in New York Cuomo will likely face Congressmen Lee Zeldin who voted against certifying the election and who emerged as a leading public defender of Trump. So our choice could very well be sexual harasser Cuomo whose decision killed tens of thousands nursing home residents or Zeldin an active participant in the moral equivalent of treason. For non New Yorkers be glad you don’t have to pick our poison.

As I understand things (based on several reliable sources), Mr Cuomo wasn't particularly liked within his party, but was seen as a useful tool to wield against the former President: Given that person now no longer holds the position, Mr Cuomo's "usefulness" has expired and he is seen as expendable, which would explain (partially) the number of party members seeking his resignation.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 7:23 pm

I hope he fries.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 8:50 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Horrible!

I thought he was a Democrat. :scratch:

Brictoria wrote:

Does the word "hypocrisy" mean anything/k to anyone? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 8:54 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
At least he's going down for something. Imho, he should be charged with murder as well, for what did to all the seniors when we were in lockdown. Cuomo is a prime example of liberal hypocrisy...

I think he has given legitimacy to his nickname "The Granny Killer". 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 9:06 pm

Brictoria wrote:

As I understand things (based on several reliable sources), Mr Cuomo wasn't particularly liked within his party, but was seen as a useful tool to wield against the former President: Given that person now no longer holds the position, Mr Cuomo's "usefulness" has expired and he is seen as expendable, which would explain (partially) the number of party members seeking his resignation.

Spot on.
The Democratic party now can afford to trim the deadhead wood from its party.
Another positive in removing the orange man. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 9:14 pm

Persephone29 wrote:

Unfortunately, Mr Biden's "Department of Justice" has decided that those people's civil rights were not important:
Quote:
The Department of Justice has decided not to investigate whether the civil rights of residents in New York’s government-run nursing homes were violated by Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s controversial admission policy related to the COVID-19 pandemic.

In a letter Friday, the DOJ’s Office of Legislative Affairs told US Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), ranking member of that House Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, that New York was off the hook in connection with potential violations of the Civil Rights of Institutionalized Persons Act.

Quote:
Haydee Pabey, whose mom died of COVID-19 in a northern Manhattan nursing home, said. “My heart is broken all over again.”

“The Justice Department turned its back on seniors who died. The Justice Department covered up the cover-up,” Pabey said.

“I do believe this is political. Biden doesn’t want to shed a negative light on Cuomo, the Democrats and the Democratic Party. He’s trying to sweep this under the rug.”

And Vivian Zayas, whose mom, Ana, died after contracting COVID in Long Island nursing home after recovering from knee surgery, said: “I’m sick to my stomach. We’re in disbelief. Cuomo’s mandate caused a wildfire and thousands of deaths of nursing home residents.”

“Biden is covering up for Cuomo and other Democratic governors who followed his lead. Imagine if Trump did this? It’s a shame that this is partisan and grieving families are caught in a partisan game. It’s a partisan cover up. Who do we turn to now?! No one is curious about thousands of vulnerable elderly people died of COVID through no fault of their own.”

Source: https://nypost.com/2021/07/23/doj-drops-civil-rights-probe-of-cuomo-nursing-home-covid-scandal/

However (from the same article), there still does appear to be a small glimmer of hope:
Quote:
Cuomo is still facing a potentially more serious probe by the FBI and the Brooklyn US Attorney’s Office that was sparked by The Post’s revelation that a top aide privately admitted that administration covered up the total number of nursing home residents killed by the coronavirus.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 4:22 pm

Persephone29 wrote:

Liberal hypocrisy? It's liberals who are demanding he face the music for his personal and professional bad behavior. That's very much unlike how the right is carrying on the "stop the steal" charade, even though they know their orange messiah is full of crap.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 10:12 pm

I don't know this guy...is there more to the story, or is he seriously under fire for being "too Italian"?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 10:33 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I don't know this guy...is there more to the story, or is he seriously under fire for being "too Italian"?

Andrew Cuomo's office retaliated against one of his accusers by leaking confidential documents about her, NY Attorney General says
https://news.yahoo.com/andrew-cuomos-of ... 21246.html

"Such actions and retaliation against someone who came forward with claims of sexual harassment violates multiple state and federal laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964"

Be the hero of your life.