A Simple Word Exam May Reveal How Creative You Truly Are

Page 4 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 10:12 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Nice work, firemonkey! :heart:

My problem is I refrain from putting the words I want to use, even when they're clearly unrelated, because I can always figure out what a connection could be. I can find connections in anything.

Research on children, but interesting nonetheless.
Quote:
Loose associations were related to autism communication symptoms and to parent reports of stress and anxiety. When FTD is present in ASDs, it generally is not a co-morbid schizophrenia symptom, but is related to pragmatic language abnormalities found in ASDs.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1829738 ... 0in%20ASDs.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 10:30 am

firemonkey wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

My problem is I refrain from putting the words I want to use, even when they're clearly unrelated, because I can always figure out what a connection could be. I can find connections in anything.

Research on children, but interesting nonetheless.
Quote:
Loose associations were related to autism communication symptoms and to parent reports of stress and anxiety. When FTD is present in ASDs, it generally is not a co-morbid schizophrenia symptom, but is related to pragmatic language abnormalities found in ASDs.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1829738 ... 0in%20ASDs.

Wow, thanks for that! That's really interesting. I believe it. The test was for "divergent thinking", so it stands to reason that "neurodivergent" people would score well. In my case I also have synaesthesia. That means every time I think of one word, a flood of others come to mind based on the word's colour, taste, shape, weight, etc. The words would seem unrelated to most people but in my mind there's almost always a coherent connection. I definitely think "all over the map", but that's just how my mind works. I guess ADHD doesn't help either. I'm still not convinced it makes me "creative".

I'd love to see this quiz done on neurotypical vs neurodiverse control groups.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 12:38 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I'd love to see this quiz done on neurotypical vs neurodiverse control groups.

That would be very interesting.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 4:50 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I'd suggest trying 'em anyways. It's able to see connections between words I know I can't conceive of, so it's still worth trying just to see how it weighs the connections you're aware of.

Anyways,

Your score is 101.11, higher than 99.97% of the people who have completed this task

feldspar, marijuana, interceptor, globetrotter, exhibition, octave, staff

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:00 pm

I tried to do this again a few hours ago and the word "ureter" and some other word didn't even register for points. I'm so creative the quiz won't register it. :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:02 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I tried to do this again a few hours ago and the word "ureter" and some other word didn't even register for points. I'm so creative the quiz won't register it. :lol:

:P :P :P :P I've had that issue too. Just admit it - you're brilliant!!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:04 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

It's weird how it warns against using technical terms but seems to be really strict about what jargon is too obscure to qualify.

gasser gets skipped :(

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:09 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

It's weird how it warns against using technical terms but seems to be really strict about what jargon is too obscure to qualify.

gasser gets skipped :(

It wouldn't take: misophonia, photophobia, napery, or any nouns that might be detected as verbs (e.g., chase, lift, access, balance, coil, and others come to mind).

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:18 pm

Your score is 92.86, higher than 98.69% of the people who have completed this task.

feldspar citrus yew console lotion patella ape

Edit: Citrus and lotion were somehow too related, I have no idea how. lol

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:21 pm

Does it always delete the final three chronologically? It says it deletes by suitability or spelling or something, but without fail it is always my final three words. I've tested it. Weird.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:27 pm

It took my last three out, which was good because they were halfassed (lol), but last time when it rejected "ureter" and another word it used two of my final ones.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:34 pm

Your score is 92.28, higher than 98.37% of the people who have completed this task.

feldspar acetaminophen yew console retainer patella ape

I can't get past 92. :scratch:
I also cheated because I saw my retainer case, but shh, they don't need to know.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:56 pm

I tried doing every word starting with the same letter. Letter O worked the best. It actually wasn't very hard to think that way. Maybe try that for something different?

I also noticed that the more attempts we make, the more impressive it is to be "the highest 98% of responses" or whatever. Because the group of responses gets bigger. Technically even if you keep the same score / percentage, it's more of an accomplishment as time goes on.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:03 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Does it always delete the final three chronologically? It says it deletes by suitability or spelling or something, but without fail it is always my final three words. I've tested it. Weird.

Your first seven must always be valid.

I always make my last three simple words since I assume they'll be ignored.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:08 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I tried doing every word starting with the same letter. Letter O worked the best. It actually wasn't very hard to think that way. Maybe try that for something different?

I also noticed that the more attempts we make, the more impressive it is to be "the highest 98% of responses" or whatever. Because the group of responses gets bigger. Technically even if you keep the same score / percentage, it's more of an accomplishment as time goes on.

Especially since all of the people who get competitive and leave lots of higher than average scores skew the results up.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:18 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I tried to make mine start with different letters and ending sounds, because I noticed "feldspar" and "fructose" together made me lose points, and I think so did "console" and "ampoule". Those 4 were right next to each other though when they conflicted, so it might be different if it doesn't look like you immediately came up with a word that has a similar starting letter/ending sound to the one before it.