What's the craziest conspiracy theory you believe/entertain

Page 17 of 20 [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 12:04 am

ironpony wrote:
One conspiracy theory some of my friends and family members believe is that covid was created deliberately in order to bring harm to the world. But if the Chinese government wanted to use a super weapon on the world, why not just use a deadlier virus like smallpox or create a deadlier virus? Doesn't covid seem like am amateur weapon, if it were to intended as a weapon of mass destruction?

Also Covid effects China itself too. In fact China was the first place hit. Why would they deliberately f**k themselves over?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 12:53 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Darwinian evolution is a hoax that I used to believe in. I was fascinated with it all through my elementary and high school years and read voraciously on the subject.
I started to notice that you were not allowed to ask certain questions or entertain certain ideas. Also I found that other disciplines of science do not undergird evolution at all.
I don't mean to derail this thread, this is just my experience.

you've made me curious, because I haven't come up with questions in relation to evolution that I wasn't allowed to ask - some had no answer though.
so, please, I'm interested in entertaining the idea....

Yes, asking maybe there are other naturalistic options than just Darwin's views. This is usually greeted with angry ridicule.
How can blind chance produce new features in an organism?
Why would life evolve at all?
Why do organisms evolve new abilities at all rather than adapt to the environment in which they live? (sight for instance)
Anyway these are a few of the questions that produce a lot of angry responses but no answers.
Again I'm not wanting to derail this thread just this is a subject that I personally believe to be a hoax.

1) mutations.

2) This question is at least two kinds of inane: inorganic matter evolves over time (mountains get washed into the sea, stars evolve) so why wouldnt living things, which are more dynamic than non living matter also evolve? Second: organisms compete with other, and have to adapt to changing enviroments. So how can life not evolve to survive?

3) They get new abilities in ORDER to adapt the environment they are in the first place. Or to adapt to new environments the invade and migrate into, or because of new pressures in the same environment. The reason folks give you the fish eye when you ask that is that...in essence you're saying "organism dont need to adapt to their environment, because all they have to do is...adapt to their enviroment." Makes you sound ret*d. You might wanna drop that question from your repertoire.

If you really believe evolution is a hoax, but dont wanna derail the thread why dont you start your own thread about it?

Mutations are never a good thing. If the obstetrician says your new baby has a mutation you would be horrified not excited.
Non living inorganic matter doesn't transform into living matter just because you or Darwin assert that it does. Where has this been proven scientifically?
I think you have proved my point. People tend to get upset about someone not believing in evolution. I myself don't care what you believe or don't believe in.
Also, Everyone is allowed to post on this thread. Having an opinion that you disagree with doesn't make it an off limits topic.

I wasnt upset. I am not forbidding you to do anything. I am just having a conversation with you. And asking you to clarify what you're saying, because what you said did not make obvious sense. you're the one being defensive.

And you havent stated what you actually believe. What is this other thing that you believe in -that is not evolution?

Are you saying that the Universe was created in seven days in its present form six thousand years ago?

Last edited by naturalplastic on 22 Sep 2021, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 12:57 am

naturalplastic wrote:
ironpony wrote:
One conspiracy theory some of my friends and family members believe is that covid was created deliberately in order to bring harm to the world. But if the Chinese government wanted to use a super weapon on the world, why not just use a deadlier virus like smallpox or create a deadlier virus? Doesn't covid seem like am amateur weapon, if it were to intended as a weapon of mass destruction?

Also Covid effects China itself too. In fact China was the first place hit. Why would they deliberately f**k themselves over?

Oh well the argument of the conspiracy would be that China had dealt with the situation much better and had was able to get rid of covid much faster than other nations where able to. Kids seem to be back in school with no masks on in China for a while now for example. It could be argued that maybe China was able to deal with it more compatently because they 'saw it coming'.

Or another argument could be that it leaked from the lab, before they had a chance to properly disperse it where they wanted to in the world, but they still saw were ready to deal with it more effeciently.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 1:09 am

ironpony wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Oh well the argument of the conspiracy would be that China had dealt with the situation much better and had was able to get rid of covid much faster than other nations where able to. Kids seem to be back in school with no masks on in China for a while now for example. It could be argued that maybe China was able to deal with it more compatently because they 'saw it coming'.

Or another argument could be that it leaked from the lab, before they had a chance to properly disperse it where they wanted to in the world, but they still saw were ready to deal with it more effeciently.

That lady prime minister of New Zealand is behind it all. She hired a Chinese Triad (like the Mafia) to break into the lab in Wuhan and release the virus- while she secretely went forth with her already laid out plans to shut out the virus from New Zealand. And it worked. The whole world including China is suffering, but NZ is free of it! PROOF that the pandemic is really a nefarious plot for world domination ...by New Zealand!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 12:22 pm

ironpony wrote:

China may have a grasp of economic warfare ...If you disable workers or cause them to be afraid to come to work . You then affect an entire economy . China has a huge working class . Practically second to none , that i am aware of . So if a smaller countries ability to produce affordable products.
Is weakened by a smaller workforce.
You not only make them more reliant on trade from a Country that has a cheap abundance of working class citizens , China. But by virtue of disabling those other workers, in other countries .You also cause a drain on those other countries economies. Paying sick leave , unemployment , etc . Even giving them federal benefits to support the lifestyle , they are accustom to. The country then passes huge budgets to protect their own governments . Taxes climb on anybody who does have a income . disincentivizing interest in actually working ( possibly) . Riots occur , people feel oppressed . Crime rate climbs . All the while places like the USA have increased immigration . (Quietly) to be able to get cheap labour .Preferably people whom are much worse off and happy just to be here .
But among these people you bring in their criminals aswell ,( to this land of opportunity).
All the while China takes up threatening postures with its allies, to ramp up the appearances of military possibilities .So all countries affected have to justify a increase in military budgets to offset the Chinese Military threat . Further draining resources of Other countries to maintain a good military presentation.

where ever you go ,there you are

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 12:47 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Darwinian evolution is a hoax that I used to believe in. I was fascinated with it all through my elementary and high school years and read voraciously on the subject.
I started to notice that you were not allowed to ask certain questions or entertain certain ideas. Also I found that other disciplines of science do not undergird evolution at all.

I don't believe in evolution either, it doesn't make logical sense to me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 2:59 pm

smudge wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

I don't believe in evolution either, it doesn't make logical sense to me.

a) what aspect of it does not "make logical sense" to you?

b) Are you saying that God creating the universe in seven days in 4000 BC makes more sense?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 3:19 pm

For one thing, all creatures inhabit the same environment, pretty much, yet each are vastly different. You have ants and humans living on the same land.

If we evolved from bacteria, then those fish type creatures etc. what made us evolve this much, and yet a lot of bacteria, animals and creatures of all sorts are stifled from evolving further?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 3:31 pm

smudge wrote:
For one thing, all creatures inhabit the same environment, pretty much, yet each are vastly different. You have ants and humans living on the same land.

If we evolved from bacteria, then those fish type creatures etc. what made us evolve this much, and yet a lot of bacteria, animals and creatures of all sorts are stifled from evolving further?

They're not stifled because evolution doesn't have a goal. They occupy different niches because that reduces direct competition. Traits that might be very advantageous in one context might be very limiting in others.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 9:12 pm

:cry:

smudge wrote:

humans and ants split off the same tree long, long ago.
but also: imagine you have two big, fat organisms, who can excrete toxic substances to their immediste surroundings. they're fighting each other over some food. It would be a winning trait for a third organism to be small and quick, get some of the food, and get out again as quickly as possible.
of the big fat organisms in direct competition, only one might survive and procreate, but the third one might just as well.
So you end up with two very different organisms who can live besides each other in the same habitat, but whose survival strategies make them not directly compete.

Ants and humans don't really compete - thpugh they are stealing some of our food, so technically.... but the real enemy for humans today is their body's survival strategy of taking pleasure in acquiring (eating) and storing energy (getting fat).

And finally: Bacteria evolve all the time, in accordance with their evolutionary pressures.
In recent times, you had a very good chance of fathering a whole bacteria-dynasty if you happen to be "born" with a resistance to antibiotics which most of your siblings are senstive to. The antibiotic will wipe them out, and you will be left, without competition - time to procreate and spread that antibiotic-resistant gene!

What made the AIDS virus so hard to fight was that it was very bad at procrwating properly, introducing lots of random mutations into every new generation. Since that means lots of evolution in the way it functioned and gained access to human cells, it was very hard to block - if scientists managed to block one mechanism of entry, the Virus would have developed, i.e., randomly generated, a dozen of variations of the mechanism already, and some of tge variations made it past the scientist's blockade, the succesful variation would multiply and that's what we call evolution.

historically, selective processes would have been certain weather conditions, for example, rather than antibiotics. Or the weather would change what plants are available for food, giving some organism which can split starches a better chance to grow fat and make it through the winter, etc.

maybe someone, somewhere, was born with genes for perfect heath, but hit by lightning before he could procreate - and his sibling with the genes for heart failure was not, because he didn't feel well and stayed at home, and that's why people today have heart disease. evolurion is frustratingly directionless.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 9:23 pm

Fish didnt stop evolving. Fish today are not the same as fish millions of years ago.

Same with bacteria and everything else.

There is no direction to evolution. So ants arent going to evolve in the same way humans are...toward the goal of being big brained and upright.

The same environment will have myriad niches. So organisms will evolve differently to specialize in different niches. And if an adaptation works for a particular niche an organism will appear to "not evolve", and stay with same body plan for a long time if there is no selective pressure to change.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 22 Sep 2021, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 9:29 pm

^ Why are you crying?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 9:32 pm

smudge wrote:
^ Why are you crying?

Whom are you addressing?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 9:34 pm

Whoops, I meant the poster above you. I didn't see your post.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 11:48 am

One conspiracy I never believed in was the whole, Bill Gates wants to inject things in you with vaccinations conspiracy that was floating around months ago.

However, Anthony Fauci has been investigated into communicating with Bill Gates from his emails. The guy who is under investigation for helping to create the covid virus possibly, is now communicating with Bill Gates too? Does the whole Bill Gates wants to inject things into you conspiracy seem more plausible now, for being too big of a coincidence to ignore?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 11:54 am

Why does Bill Gates want to inject me with microchips again? :scratch:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う