America's history is equally as bad as Nazi Germany

Page 1 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

salad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 1:13 pm

Just went to a Native American tribal meeting where several elders were talking about their experiences in residential boarding schools

I felt like throwing up

The graphic stories of rape, abuse, sexual assault, and all types of horrific s**t I dont feel like recounting made me think "WTF, why wasnt I ever taught this in school"

I cant believe there are actually some people who think that America's history isn't that bad and that every country was this awful

Before anyone tries to pull a Godwin's Law on me for comparing America to Nazi Germany know that Hitler modeled the Holocaust based off of the American concept of Manifest Destiny and the white settlers treatment of Native Americans

I always knew America had a dark history, but I never thought America's history was this dark

As much as I used to be open about comparing Israel's treatment of Palestinians to America's treatment of Natives I'm going to stop doing that from now on because as much as I thought Palestinians had it bad what the white settlers did to the Native Americans was way worse

I'm honestly ashamed to be American now

EDIT: if I came off angry and strong its because some of the stuff discussed in the tribal meeting were very raw and very triggering, and to be honest it made me full of rage hearing how the Americans treated the Native Americans in that meeting with such callous disregard. The graphic recounting of certain rapes were very traumatizing to listen to

Jesus

Master Oogway

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 4:21 pm

Sadly that happened since man stood upright on this little blue planet.
A Native group that helps address the wrongs.
https://www.greatplainsaction.org/

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm

I think there's still a difference that makes the Nazis more worrying - Germany under the Nazis was an industrialized, highly developed nation that lacked the colonies to become a real global player like Great Britain or France, and yes, like them and the US it sought to conquer new territories. All these, as well as the Spanish, the Dutch, the Portuguese and the Belgians - they all took land from people and treated the people as objects, as subhuman, as slaves etc. - but only the Germans built a highly alienated, industrial machinery for the sole purpose of extermination of a people. The Japanese did incredibly inhumane things in China, and conducted wild experiments on humans - but so did the Nazis, yet, that's still the part of Nazi atrocities that had some purpose besides killing and torturing.
The Soviets built prison camps, the British built concentration camps, as did the Germans in the 1910s in Africa - but the Nazis built a logistics network - there were people developing train schedules, architects designing buildings, pondering over where to put the gas chambers for maximum efficiency...
Humans throughout history have committed unbelievable atrocities - but the civil engineering, the sober geekiness of the Germans that went into the holocaust is unparalleled.

I'm not even sure if the Nazis committed the worst atrocities ever committed - medieval torture, or the Swedish butchering their way through Europe in the 17th century haven't even been mentioned yet. But they redesigned their whole modern, bureaucratic state for the purpose of committing atrocities - not merely the military.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 9:42 pm

salad wrote:
Just went to a Native American tribal meeting where several elders were talking about their experiences in residential boarding schools

I felt like throwing up

The graphic stories of rape, abuse, sexual assault, and all types of horrific s**t I dont feel like recounting made me think "WTF, why wasnt I ever taught this in school"

I cant believe there are actually some people who think that America's history isn't that bad and that every country was this awful

Before anyone tries to pull a Godwin's Law on me for comparing America to Nazi Germany know that Hitler modeled the Holocaust based off of the American concept of Manifest Destiny and the white settlers treatment of Native Americans

I always knew America had a dark history, but I never thought America's history was this dark

As much as I used to be open about comparing Israel's treatment of Palestinians to America's treatment of Natives I'm going to stop doing that from now on because as much as I thought Palestinians had it bad what the white settlers did to the Native Americans was way worse

EDIT: if I came off angry and strong its because some of the stuff discussed in the tribal meeting were very raw and very triggering, and to be honest it made me full of rage hearing how the Americans treated the Native Americans in that meeting with such callous disregard. The graphic recounting of certain rapes were very traumatizing to listen to

Jesus

When I learnt what the Amerians did to the Germans after the war, I felt the same disgust.
eisenhauer's death camps and man-made famines?
If it wasn't for the communist threat, germany would have been de-industrialised which would have meant millions of Germans wouldn't have been able to feed themselves and die.

eisenhauser was a German hater of the worst degree, but people don't talk about that mass murder's deeds either.

And here is a cheerful picture of what the marines were up to in the Pacific islands:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 9:51 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Sadly that happened since man stood upright on this little blue planet.
A Native group that helps address the wrongs.
https://www.greatplainsaction.org/

Precisely.
The perversity of the human animal is embedded in its genetic coding.
That is why the Martians call us the filth of the solar system, and rightly too. 8)

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 8:37 am

Every nation and people group have a history of violence and cruelty. is part of the human condition. It is not unique to America or Germany.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 3:09 pm

Pepe wrote:
salad wrote:

I felt like throwing up

Jesus

When I learnt what the Amerians did to the Germans after the war, I felt the same disgust.
If it wasn't for the communist threat, germany would have been de-industrialised which would have meant millions of Germans wouldn't have been able to feed themselves and die.

eisenhauser was a German hater of the worst degree, but people don't talk about that mass murder's deeds either.

And here is a cheerful picture of what the marines were up to in the Pacific islands:

I like the skull on a bottle in that pic.

Harry Haller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2021, 3:16 pm

salad wrote:

Well don't despair, a lot of folks are working really hard to make it even darker

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 3:47 pm

Harry Haller wrote:
salad wrote:

Well don't despair, a lot of folks are working really hard to make it even darker

24/7

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 4:16 pm

Pepe wrote:
salad wrote:

I felt like throwing up

Jesus

that may be because most historians think those never happened. as far as I know, there's just one book on this and it's highly disputed.
hard to make a judgment on this, 75 years later, with poor documentation and no whitnesses making any accusations at all.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2021, 4:48 pm

salad wrote:

I think to be a 'perfect' human, you are supposed to be proud of that, and also complain that those abused are not grateful enough for your kindness and generosity.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 5:49 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
salad wrote:

I think to be a 'perfect' human, you are supposed to be proud of that, and also complain that those abused are not grateful enough for your kindness and generosity.

What are you trying to say?

If you're passive aggressively taking a dig at me insinuating I'm an SJW virtue signaling I'd ask you to piss off.

I'm bad at indirect language so kindly tell me what you're trying to say.

Master Oogway

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2021, 6:19 pm

I'm not insinuating anything, I don't care about your fight for social status.

That said, virtue signalling seems to be very important component of being successful human. Nazis, like incels, fail miserably at virtue signalling, no wonder they end up being losers. Anyway, if you want to be a proper human, you most likely need to learn virtue signalling? :3

For example, I fail at virtue signalling, so I can't call myself a human. I'm just a talking piggie, pretending to be a human to not be turned into a bacon... Oink, oink.... :3

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 6:40 pm

Yeah, a Salad post. What a surprise.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 6:48 pm

old_comedywriter wrote:
Yeah, a Salad post. What a surprise.

It warms my heart that I live rent free inside your head and trigger you so bad that you probably go to therapy to vent about how much my posts piss you off

Just came back from a Palestine protest where I chanted "Israel is an Apartheid state" and pissed off some rabid Zionists.

I hope my posts on this forum piss you off just as much and cause you more terrible days to come, worthless little soyboy

Stay mad :D

Master Oogway

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 6:49 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
I'm not insinuating anything, I don't care about your fight for social status.

That said, virtue signalling seems to be very important component of being successful human. Nazis, like incels, fail miserably at virtue signalling, no wonder they end up being losers. Anyway, if you want to be a proper human, you most likely need to learn virtue signalling? :3

For example, I fail at virtue signalling, so I can't call myself a human. I'm just a talking piggie, pretending to be a human to not be turned into a bacon... Oink, oink.... :3

Fight for social status??

Buddy you might have a couple screws loose in your head. Being appalled by genocide and rape is called being a healthy empathetic human being, and being appalled by me being appalled by genocide makes you a giant edgelord

Master Oogway