America's history is equally as bad as Nazi Germany

Page 7 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 10:44 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Gee, reading this thread makes me think that I have got to be the laziest evil caucasian on the planet. I haven't got my arse off the couch long enough to oppress, subjugate, exploit, or victimize anyone of any color. Man, my ancestors must be so ashamed of me.

There is still time to fulfil your despicable white genetic heritage.
Where there is life there is hope.
You can do it.
I have faith in you! [facetiousness] 8)

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
That toy you are holding is one of the biggest reasons America exists. You know it, I know it. Stop pretending.

What do guns have to do with anything in this thread, and/or the existence of America? (and again with the psychic powers regarding what other people know, it's a remarkable gift)

He tends to indulge in non-sequiturs.
This is a simple verifiable observation, not a personal attack. 8)

lostonearth35 wrote:
If it's any consolation Canada is even worse to First Nations people, just look at the mass graves they've found in the past few months. I've know for years that other Canadians hate First Nation people for some stupid reason, but this is just beyond evil and everyone knows it and I wish I was never born here. I know I'm just a filthy white parasite and an invasive species and I never should have been born here.

At least you know your place.
That is the main thing. [facetiousness] 8)

Last edited by Pepe on 10 Aug 2021, 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 10:47 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Don’t forget Latin America and what the conquistadors did.

BTW, Weren't some of the SA tribes vicious and murderous?

Once again, the problem is humanity/huwomanity, and not various white tribes.
Not rocket surgery. 8)

Yes, but I didn’t want to let the conquistadors get off without a mention.

I did not suggest they should.
There is plenty of inhumanity to go around.
*That* is my point.

Some just like to play "politics" and pretend that it is only the white tribes who are guilty.
A self-evident nonsense to any reasonable person.
Perhaps WP should create a rule preventing such bastardisation of the Truth?

Simple minds virtue signal.
What can I say? :shrug:
I am not suggesting you are one of "those". :eew: :mrgreen:

I like a complete list.
The list of man’s inhumanity to man is a long one and it probably started with one upright ape bashing another one on the head for a banana.
The stakes are higher now and the saga continues.We have more effective ways of taking the bananas we want.

I am seriously over it.
I just don't give a crap anymore.
Humanity be damned. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 10:49 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Don’t forget Latin America and what the conquistadors did.

BTW, Weren't some of the SA tribes vicious and murderous?

Once again, the problem is humanity/huwomanity, and not various white tribes.
Not rocket surgery. 8)

Yes, but I didn’t want to let the conquistadors get off without a mention.

I did not suggest they should.
There is plenty of inhumanity to go around.
*That* is my point.

Some just like to play "politics" and pretend that it is only the white tribes who are guilty.
A self-evident nonsense to any reasonable person.
Perhaps WP should create a rule preventing such bastardisation of the Truth?

Simple minds virtue signal.
What can I say? :shrug:
I am not suggesting you are one of "those". :eew: :mrgreen:

I like a complete list.
The list of man’s inhumanity to man is a long one and it probably started with one upright ape bashing another one on the head for a banana.
The stakes are higher now and the saga continues.We have more effective ways of taking the bananas we want.

That is exactly what happened in Stanley Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odyssey. One of the greatest films of all Time! Except the primates were fighting over the water hole.

"Original Sin" originating at a watering hole?
Why not. :shrug:

BTW, Was it a white ape or one of colour? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 11:02 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
If that didn’t kill you the preaching would.

I don't particularly mind even if I don't agree. They're not violent like the earlier waves of preachy people so as long as they don't expect to be fed and if they didn't bring disease I'm not sure I'd care.

When my daughter was in Guatemala there was an evangelist preaching in the village square using a loud speaker.It just about drove everyone crazy.Went on for hours and hours.
They were taking collections from the poor people.I think they were paying to try and get him to stop so he could move on and torment the next village.

Then the poor people who gave donations have only themselves to blame.
*Never* "feed" the trolls. 8)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 12:05 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
If it's any consolation Canada is even worse to First Nations people, just look at the mass graves they've found in the past few months. I've know for years that other Canadians hate First Nation people for some stupid reason, but this is just beyond evil and everyone knows it and I wish I was never born here. I know I'm just a filthy white parasite and an invasive species and I never should have been born here.

America also had residential schools that were established for the same purpose. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 1:34 am

cyberdad wrote:
Just addressing the topic.

By attempting to derail by baiting me about guns?

cyberdad wrote:
Was America's history as bad as Nazi Germany. The answer is yes if you were a native American or African American.

I beg to differ, our treatment of the native Americans was not great, but I don't think it was abnormal for the time, and as I said, the only thing unique about our practice of slavery was the way we chose to end it, at the cost of many lives. The only way you can really compare that to the deliberate industrialized slaughter of millions in an attempt to literally annihilate an entire race is via some heavily motivated reasoning.

cyberdad wrote:
Australia is off topic.

Is it? Was the treatment of the Aborigines by the European settlers of Australia markedly different than the treatment of the native Americans by the British colonists? If you're trying to argue that America is singularly evil due to what we did to the Indians, than you need to address why it was worse than what other European settlers did to the local natives where they were settling, and since you happen to live in just such a place...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 1:41 am

Dox47 wrote:
Is it? Was the treatment of the Aborigines by the European settlers of Australia markedly different than the treatment of the native Americans by the British colonists? If you're trying to argue that America is singularly evil due to what we did to the Indians, than you need to address why it was worse than what other European settlers did to the local natives where they were settling, and since you happen to live in just such a place...

To borrow a term from Pepe....it's a non-sequitur

The thread is about American history

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 2:00 am

cyberdad wrote:

Actually, it's about American history as compared to other countries, but since you don't seem to want to answer that question, I'm going to assume that the settling of Australia was not very nice for the natives.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 2:02 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Actually, it's about American history as compared to other countries, but since you don't seem to want to answer that question, I'm going to assume that the settling of Australia was not very nice for the natives.

Read the thread...it says "America's History Is Equally As Bad As Nazi Germany"

I don't see other countries or Australia mentioned.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 2:51 am

cyberdad wrote:

Yes, so we're comparing American history to Nazi Germany. However, one of the claims being made in favor of America being as bad is our treatment of our natives (I could make the argument that everything prior to 1776 was not done by Americans, but won't), and assessing the evil of our treatment of the natives requires comparing that treatment to the way other natives were treated by European colonizers around the same time period, otherwise it could be argued that any country founded by European colonists, such as, I don't know, Australia, is de facto worse than Nazi Germany as well.

Seeing your desperation to avoid the subject, expanding far more energy in ducking the question than it would have taken you to answer (and given that you have no problem derailing other threads with whataboutery), I'm thinking those Aborigines must have had a real bad time indeed.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 3:26 am

Dox47 wrote:
, otherwise it could be argued that any country founded by European colonists, such as, I don't know, Australia, is de facto worse than Nazi Germany as well. .

It could be but you need to start a seperate thread

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 4:43 am

cyberdad wrote:

Like you do, when, I don't know, say injecting Donald Trump into unrelated threads about the governor of New York resigning? This is what experienced online debaters refer to as a selective demand for rigor, using a double standard to apply a rule only when it's convenient.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 9:13 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Yes, so we're comparing American history to Nazi Germany. However, one of the claims being made in favor of America being as bad is our treatment of our natives (I could make the argument that everything prior to 1776 was not done by Americans, but won't), and assessing the evil of our treatment of the natives requires comparing that treatment to the way other natives were treated by European colonizers around the same time period, otherwise it could be argued that any country founded by European colonists, such as, I don't know, Australia, is de facto worse than Nazi Germany as well.

Seeing your desperation to avoid the subject, expanding far more energy in ducking the question than it would have taken you to answer (and given that you have no problem derailing other threads with whataboutery), I'm thinking those Aborigines must have had a real bad time indeed.

He bags Australia all the time.
You are boxing at shadows. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 9:15 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Like you do, when, I don't know, say injecting Donald Trump into unrelated threads about the governor of New York resigning? This is what experienced online debaters refer to as a selective demand for rigor, using a double standard to apply a rule only when it's convenient.

There is a pool going on whether or not this thread will be locked next.
Interested? :mrgreen:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 9:33 am

I’ve been bashing other nations right along with mine.
Everyone’s guilty.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 9:57 am

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

There is a pool going on whether or not this thread will be locked next.
Interested? :mrgreen:

That pool could easily be rigged. Bet on this thread and immediately request this thread be locked unless you are caught then it is you who will be locked.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman