Amy Cooper tells her side of the story

Page 9 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 14,274
Location: I'm right here

10 Aug 2021, 12:12 am

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

All she had to do to not be the aggressor was to not lie. They both behaved petty but that lie escalated things.



Yes, they *both* behaved badly.
However, :mrgreen:
The larger man accosted a lone woman and made a veiled threat.
I am surprised he hasn't been reported to the police for his intimidation. 8O

This second last sentence, of mine.
Is there anything inaccurately stated here?

I will simplify:
Man approached woman.
Man acted threateningly.
Woman panicked.

I rest my case, me lord. 8)


You claim she panicked, but he didn't sound very menacing so your claim she panicked isn't very solid.
Putting on the waterworks isn't the same as panicking. She just comes off as dishonest.

The fact that one can hypothetically panic isn't evidence that she didn't lie.

What she said while calling is proof that she did lie. She shouldn't have lied but she's responsible for it. If she expects sympathy at some point she'll need to own the fact that she lied.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,636
Location: Australia

10 Aug 2021, 12:20 am

League_Girl wrote:
She claims she felt sick about how black people are treated by cops, did she not know that police shootings are more common in black people than in white people? Where has she been when this has been said for the past ten years? Where has she been when people have said black people are more likely to have the police called on them than a white person? Has she heard of these racist cases in the news like the Zimmerman case?


Please point out where anyone has said Amy didn't act stupidly? 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,636
Location: Australia

10 Aug 2021, 12:32 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

All she had to do to not be the aggressor was to not lie. They both behaved petty but that lie escalated things.



Yes, they *both* behaved badly.
However, :mrgreen:
The larger man accosted a lone woman and made a veiled threat.
I am surprised he hasn't been reported to the police for his intimidation. 8O

This second last sentence, of mine.
Is there anything inaccurately stated here?

I will simplify:
Man approached woman.
Man acted threateningly.
Woman panicked.

I rest my case, me lord. 8)


You claim she panicked, but he didn't sound very menacing so your claim she panicked isn't very solid.
Putting on the waterworks isn't the same as panicking. She just comes off as dishonest.

The fact that one can hypothetically panic isn't evidence that she didn't lie.

What she said while calling is proof that she did lie. She shouldn't have lied but she's responsible for it. If she expects sympathy at some point she'll need to own the fact that she lied.


Open question to anyone:
Who here thinks Amy wasn't in panic mode?

People do lie when they are panicked. 8)
BTW, what did she lie about?


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,926
Location: Quiet, Dark, Comfy Spot

10 Aug 2021, 12:43 am

funeralxempire wrote:
What she said while calling is proof that she did lie. She shouldn't have lied but she's responsible for it. If she expects sympathy at some point she'll need to own the fact that she lied.

Rape victims sometimes lie to their attackers -- "I got a STD" -- to avoid being raped.

It's natural to lie to try to avoid being a victim.


_________________
Then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on, and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive.

Be the hero of your life.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 14,274
Location: I'm right here

10 Aug 2021, 12:58 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
What she said while calling is proof that she did lie. She shouldn't have lied but she's responsible for it. If she expects sympathy at some point she'll need to own the fact that she lied.

Rape victims sometimes lie to their attackers -- "I got a STD" -- to avoid being raped.

It's natural to lie to try to avoid being a victim.


That's not anything like what happened. She lied to 911 about why she called.
If she wants sympathy she needs to concede that she lied.



TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,926
Location: Quiet, Dark, Comfy Spot

10 Aug 2021, 1:00 am

League_Girl wrote:
Honestly Christian Cooper came off as someone as the rule police and perhaps should have minded his own business. Amy comes off as someone who doesn't give a s**t about rules so she thought the dog leash policy didn't apply to her. I keep thinking if she had followed the rules, none of this would have happened. And I do get annoyed when people don't bother following the rules but I don't become the rule police because you never know what could happen. This woman decided to use the race card.

She didn't get a ticket, so maybe she did follow the rules.


_________________
Then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on, and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive.

Be the hero of your life.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 14,274
Location: I'm right here

10 Aug 2021, 1:01 am

Pepe wrote:
BTW, what did she lie about?


She claimed he was threatening her life. The exact words were there is an African-American man threatening my life.

At no point during the interaction was her life threatened.



TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,926
Location: Quiet, Dark, Comfy Spot

10 Aug 2021, 1:18 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
BTW, what did she lie about?


She claimed he was threatening her life. The exact words were there is an African-American man threatening my life.

At no point during the interaction was her life threatened.

1. Mr. Copper approaches you in a park.
2. Mr. Copper gets angry when you don't oblige his demands.
3. Mr. Copper escalates the confrontation by pulling out his video recording device to harass you.
4. Mr. Copper escalates the confrontation by threatening to "do something, you won't like".

Mr. Copper made a general threat, open to interpretation.

So, "threatening my life" seems reasonable


_________________
Then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on, and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive.

Be the hero of your life.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 14,274
Location: I'm right here

10 Aug 2021, 1:24 am

Hysterical melodrama isn't exactly reasonable but if that's all you've got I suppose that's all you've got.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,650

10 Aug 2021, 1:26 am

@Robot You keep ignoring my post that Amy Cooper already incriminated herself

Statement from Amy Cooper on Central Park Incident
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Amy Cooper
May 26, 2020, 15:57 ET
SHARE THIS ARTICLE

NEW YORK, May 26, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- I want to apologize to Chris Cooper for my actions when I encountered him in Central Park yesterday. I reacted emotionally and made false assumptions about his intentions when, in fact, I was the one who was acting inappropriately by not having my dog on a leash. When Chris began offering treats to my dog and confronted me in an area where there was no one else nearby and said, "You're not going to like what I'm going to do next," I assumed we were being threatened when all he had intended to do was record our encounter on his phone. He had every right to request that I leash my dog in an area where it was required. I am well aware of the pain that misassumptions and insensitive statements about race cause and would never have imagined that I would be involved in the type of incident that occurred with Chris. I hope that a few mortifying seconds in a lifetime of forty years will not define me in his eyes and that he will accept my sincere apology.

SOURCE Amy Cooper



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,650

10 Aug 2021, 1:27 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Hysterical melodrama isn't exactly reasonable but if that's all you've got I suppose that's all you've got.


Well if you can't win with facts



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 14,274
Location: I'm right here

10 Aug 2021, 1:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Hysterical melodrama isn't exactly reasonable but if that's all you've got I suppose that's all you've got.


Well if you can't win with facts


To clarify I'm saying that Amy Cooper's hysterical melodrama was unreasonable, I'm not calling defending her perspective hysterical melodrama, just the actions Cooper engaged in while calling 911.

I guess no one here has seen a little kid getting worked up before tattling; I'm surprised she didn't say nanny-nanny-boo-boo while the phone rang.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,650

10 Aug 2021, 1:48 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Hysterical melodrama isn't exactly reasonable but if that's all you've got I suppose that's all you've got.


Well if you can't win with facts


To clarify I'm saying that Amy Cooper's hysterical melodrama was unreasonable, I'm not calling defending her perspective hysterical melodrama, just the actions Cooper engaged in while calling 911.

I guess no one here has seen a little kid getting worked up before tattling; I'm surprised she didn't say nanny-nanny-boo-boo while the phone rang.


Everyone (including her supporters) knew when it happened it was a classic Karen move. She was incensed that she was being called out for breaking the law and she wanted exact revenge using the obvious weakness that Christian Cooper had....his skin colour and the threat of police violence.

The people trying desperately to excuse Amy Cooper have probably never actually worked with a senior highly paid female executive before but this is precisely the type of petty thing they do (I know). In her (amy's) mind she was trying to be clever but didn't expect Christian to pull out his camera and film her. After that she was in damage control.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,190
Location: Long Island, New York

10 Aug 2021, 2:54 am

League_Girl wrote:
Honestly Christian Cooper came off as someone as the rule police and perhaps should have minded his own business. Amy comes off as someone who doesn't give a s**t about rules so she thought the dog leash policy didn't apply to her. I keep thinking if she had followed the rules, none of this would have happened.

So you agree with my two as*holes theory. Me and you agreeing one more time, miracles do happen.


League_Girl wrote:
She claims she felt sick about how black people are treated by cops, did she not know that police shootings are more common in black people than in white people? Where has she been when this has been said for the past ten years? Where has she been when people have said black people are more likely to have the police called on them than a white person?
You have to be pretty sheltered to not know these things and does she not watch the media or read the news online? I can't imagine being ignorant about what goes on out in the world but these people do exist.

The last ten years? I am 63 years old and this has been an issue prominent in the news my entire life. This was often the trigger for the "long hot summer" riots of the 1960s.

As far as her being oblivious the only theory I have is she is a workaholic that tunes out everything but her career. One has often to be that to succeed in that type of job, especially as a woman.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,190
Location: Long Island, New York

10 Aug 2021, 3:02 am

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
but she didn't need to say he was threatening her life. There's a man harassing me and my dog in the Ramble wouldn't have created the same response as there's an African-American man threatening my life and it wouldn't have sounded like she purposefully lied in order to use the threat of a violent police encounter as a weapon.:


You will notice the surgical precision involved in avoiding that little nugget. As Michael Moore often said, it's an "inncovenient truth"


Even there's an African American man threatening me and my dog wouldn't have been a lie.
I wonder why she lied like that.
I wonder why people try to defend her lying like that.
:chin:


I have mentioned countless times that people in panic mode do stupid things.
Perhaps you are the only person in this universe who never has.

Read my lips.
I am not defending her actions.
Stop with your straw man arguments. 8O

How is saying she acted stupidly defending her?
Seriously, mate, you are destroying your credibility.
Keep in mind, "reason" is not your strong point. 8)

"Judge not until you walk a mile in their shoes."
Image

This may not be a black and white(pun not intended) situation of she is either a racist or did a stupid thing out of panic. My theory is her fear brought out the racism she has been successfully masking or that she did not know she had.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,694
Location: Seattle-ish

10 Aug 2021, 3:03 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
1. Mr. Copper approaches you in a park.
2. Mr. Copper gets angry when you don't oblige his demands.
3. Mr. Copper escalates the confrontation by pulling out his video recording device to harass you.
4. Mr. Copper escalates the confrontation by threatening to "do something, you won't like".

Mr. Copper made a general threat, open to interpretation.

So, "threatening my life" seems reasonable


Exactly. The guy is on the record about how he uses the dog treat trick to frighten off leash dog walkers, there are multiple witness accounts of him confronting other people under nearly identical circumstances, at least one of which got physical (notably, with another black man), he uttered an ambiguous threat hoping to get a reaction (hence the filming), and he got one. Basically, he trolled Amy Cooper into making poor decisions in a stressful situation, and people are so internet poisoned that they can't admit they may have been wrong about a complex situation that was reduced to a 40 second video.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson