Amy Cooper tells her side of the story

Page 8 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 10:21 pm

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Or, as suggested elsewhere, had Ms Cooper been the birdwatcher and Mr Cooper the dogwalker (all other factors being the same), Ms Cooper would still likely be considered at "fault" in the interaction.

You would have to be an Olympic spin doctor to concoct a lone woman intimidating a fit larger male story, however.
Then again, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Humanity.
What a pathetic beast. :eew:

I'm not so sure a smaller woman couldn't be intimidating...https://imgur.com/a/zavR9r5

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 10:48 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
but she didn't need to say he was threatening her life. There's a man harassing me and my dog in the Ramble wouldn't have created the same response as there's an African-American man threatening my life and it wouldn't have sounded like she purposefully lied in order to use the threat of a violent police encounter as a weapon.:

You will notice the surgical precision involved in avoiding that little nugget. As Michael Moore often said, it's an "inncovenient truth"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
but she didn't need to say he was threatening her life. There's a man harassing me and my dog in the Ramble wouldn't have created the same response as there's an African-American man threatening my life and it wouldn't have sounded like she purposefully lied in order to use the threat of a violent police encounter as a weapon.:

You will notice the surgical precision involved in avoiding that little nugget. As Michael Moore often said, it's an "inncovenient truth"

Even there's an African American man threatening me and my dog wouldn't have been a lie.
I wonder why she lied like that.
I wonder why people try to defend her lying like that.
:chin:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:05 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Or, as suggested elsewhere, had Ms Cooper been the birdwatcher and Mr Cooper the dogwalker (all other factors being the same), Ms Cooper would still likely be considered at "fault" in the interaction.

You would have to be an Olympic spin doctor to concoct a lone woman intimidating a fit larger male story, however.
Then again, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Humanity.
What a pathetic beast. :eew:

I'm not so sure a smaller woman couldn't be intimidating...https://imgur.com/a/zavR9r5

Firstly, she wasn't alone.
Secondly, are you are assuming the person filming was a large burly man?
"Apple and oranges", my friend. 8)

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:09 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Even there's an African American man threatening me and my dog wouldn't have been a lie.

She can have a medical doctor explain how people don't act rationally under stress (fear of harm).

Be the hero of your life.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:14 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I have mentioned countless times that people in panic mode do stupid things.
Perhaps you are the only person in this universe who never has.

Read my lips.
I am not defending her actions.
Stop with your straw man arguments. 8O

How is saying she acted stupidly defending her?
Seriously, mate, you are destroying your credibility.
Keep in mind, "reason" is not your strong point. 8)

"Judge not until you walk a mile in their shoes."

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:16 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

She can have a medical doctor explain how people don't act rationally under stress (fear of harm).

She was behaving rationally and vindictively. She was intentionally lying to seek vengeance against the man who wronged her. That's why she's been rebuked all along.

All she had to do to not be the aggressor was to not lie. They both behaved petty but that lie escalated things.

If she was worried he might use the treats to harm the dog an irrational explanation might just insist that he tried to poison her dog without understanding any need to clarify further. It wouldn't be to insist that her own life was threatened.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:18 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Read my lips.

You're not even the person I had in mind, so please spare me your childish insults Pepe.

I should start a dossier on your personal attacks and needless insults towards posters. I'm sure people would notice the trend once it's documented and since you persist even when people aren't insulting towards you it might be a pretty indefensible case to present.

I don't care either way whether or not you continue to participate here.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:28 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

It is a self-evident Truth that people make poor decisions when they are frightened.
Gang-stalkers work on this principle.
Anyone who disagrees is either ignorant or is being deceptive/disingenuous.

Let us bring it out in the open.
Does anyone disagree that people do stupid things when they feel threatened?
Well?

There is a plethora of information about how people revert to a more primitive mindset in stressful situations.
The more primitive parts of the brain take over.
Research "Flight or fight."

"It is not a sin to be ignorant.
The sin is in staying so."
"Google is your friend". :wink:

A "Lay down Misère" has been, errr, laid down. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:38 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

She was behaving rationally and vindictively. She was intentionally lying to seek vengeance against the man who wronged her. That's why she's been rebuked all along.

All she had to do to not be the aggressor was to not lie. They both behaved petty but that lie escalated things.

If she was worried he might use the treats to harm the dog an irrational explanation might just insist that he tried to poison her dog without understanding any need to clarify further. It wouldn't be to insist that her own life was threatened.

Oh, ok.
So you are saying a lone woman accosted by a larger man would not feel threatened?
So you are saying the man's veiled threat that "You won't like what I am going to do" wasn't threatening?
So you are saying physical attacks on women in parklands don't happen?
So you are saying that being video recorded on a mobile phone isn't psychological assault?

Seriously. :roll:

If you are engaging in an unwanted debate, you have epically failed. :mrgreen:
Try again. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:43 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Read my lips.

You're not even the person I had in mind, so please spare me your childish insults Pepe.

I should start a dossier on your personal attacks and needless insults towards posters. I'm sure people would notice the trend once it's documented and since you persist even when people aren't insulting towards you it might be a pretty indefensible case to present.

I don't care either way whether or not you continue to participate here.

I can back up my *observations* with reason.
Refer to my previous post. 8)
Perhaps I should create a "dossier" on your irrational arguments? :scratch: :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:44 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Oh, ok.
So you are saying a lone woman accosted by a larger man would not feel threatened?
So you are saying the man's veiled threat that "You won't like what I am going to do" wasn't threatening?
So you are saying physical attacks on women in parklands don't happen?
So you are saying that being video recorded on a mobile phone isn't psychological assault?

Seriously. :roll:

If you are engaging in an unwanted debate, you have epically failed. :mrgreen:
Try again. 8)

Are you suggesting that she didn't lie? :chin:
A poor attempt at the Chewbacca defence and a picture doesn't change the fact that she lied.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 09 Aug 2021, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:50 pm

Pepe wrote:
Perhaps I should create a "dossier" on your irrational arguments? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Feel free to compile everything I say you disagree with, it won't make your childish personal attacks suddenly within ToS.

Snarking on and insulting people you disagree with because you don't have anything more valuable to contribute just makes this place become hostile and toxic. Double check the terms of service and cut the indefensible behaviour. This place doesn't need to be a toxic s**thole and your behaviour contributes to it becoming one.

I'm not going to get involved in that cycle of behaviour with you again. You're going to end up dancing alone and it will probably be a brief dance.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 11:53 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Yes, they *both* behaved badly.
However, :mrgreen:
The larger man accosted a lone woman and made a veiled threat.
I am surprised he hasn't been reported to the police for his intimidation. 8O

This second last sentence, of mine.
Is there anything inaccurately stated here?

I will simplify:
Man approached woman.
Man acted threateningly.
Woman panicked.

I rest my case, me lord. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 12:01 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Feel free to compile everything I say you disagree with, it won't make your childish personal attacks suddenly within ToS.

Snarking on and insulting people you disagree with because you don't have anything more valuable to contribute just makes this place become hostile and toxic. Double check the terms of service and cut the indefensible behaviour. This place doesn't need to be a toxic s**thole and your behaviour contributes to it becoming one.

I'm not going to get involved in that cycle of behaviour with you again. You're going to end up dancing alone and it will probably be a brief dance.

So, I am making "childish attacks"?
This is your platform of implied personal attacks.
You have used it a number of times, recently.
The irony is exquisite. 8)

What you are saying is a subjective opinion, not fact, whereas I can provide a reasonable argument via rational thinking, which I have done above. 8)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 12:04 am

Honestly Christian Cooper came off as someone as the rule police and perhaps should have minded his own business. Amy comes off as someone who doesn't give a s**t about rules so she thought the dog leash policy didn't apply to her. I keep thinking if she had followed the rules, none of this would have happened. And I do get annoyed when people don't bother following the rules but I don't become the rule police because you never know what could happen. This woman decided to use the race card.

Also that video Brictoria showed, women assaulting men is not taken real seriously like it is when a man assaults a woman so I doubt Christian would be stupid enough to attack her while filming.

She claims she felt sick about how black people are treated by cops, did she not know that police shootings are more common in black people than in white people? Where has she been when this has been said for the past ten years? Where has she been when people have said black people are more likely to have the police called on them than a white person? Has she heard of these racist cases in the news like the Zimmerman case?

You have to be pretty sheltered to not know these things and does she not watch the media or read the news online? If the year were 2011, I doubt her life would have been ruined. This is why people are not buying her story because you have to be pretty damn sheltered to not be aware of any of this when people had been talking about it, and it's been in the media too. Only way to not know is if you never watch the media and never read media stuff online and current topics about issues we are facing in life. I go here on Reddit, Twitter, Wrongplanet, Facebook, it's impossible to not see any of this stuff and I can't imagine being ignorant about what goes on out in the world but these people do exist.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.