Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 9:22 am

AprilR wrote:
^Trust me i suck too! I am lucky since i live in a small apartment so it is easy to clean. Also i have free time now as opposed to the time i was working.

That. I totally could rock cleaning if I put my mind to it. So I tell myself, but then I always seem to have something else going on, eh? Like now ---- 15 min of WP, or 15 min of cleaning. No contest!

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 11:33 am

I like that my computer is almost organized by default, and can also help look for things.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 7:47 pm

Yes, thank god my work is all on the computer.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 2:42 pm

I managed a bit of house cleaning at the weekend- just the important bits of the kitchen and bathroom. Didn't do a great job of it, but that's better than not at all...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 1:32 am

my sister is in the process of turning my pig sty into a big style. ;)

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:28 am

I also did some cleaning. I can either work (and get paid) or do housework. I no longer have energy for both. And rarely have time for things I enjoy.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 12:17 pm

This week I committed to one (to two) 10 min chunks of cleaning a day for the foreseeable future. I made a chart ont he whiteboard to check off. So far Day 1 - miss, Day 2 - done 10 min (the floor around the table). The reward will be itself: after I complete a two weeks of this, it will show. The difficulty is that I'm definitely the type of person who has to see something to remember it. So, if I start "hiding" things (cleaning up), I'll need another method. Why is opening a cabinet door to see what there is to do so much harder than having that thing on out on top of the table? I have my whiteboard but the To Dos come in faster than I can track or else is overwhelming to see all of them. See - cleaning butts into Life Overwhelm.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 1:43 pm

^^^^ YES INDEED.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 1:49 pm

Currently, my cleaning is blocked by some seasonal boxes in the way. The longer I live here, the less I feel inclined to re-organize for the changing seasons. The novelty has worn off. I'll look for easier ways to accomplish this.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 1:54 pm

SharonB wrote:
This week I committed to one (to two) 10 min chunks of cleaning a day for the foreseeable future. I made a chart ont he whiteboard to check off. So far Day 1 - miss, Day 2 - done 10 min (the floor around the table). The reward will be itself: after I complete a two weeks of this, it will show. The difficulty is that I'm definitely the type of person who has to see something to remember it. So, if I start "hiding" things (cleaning up), I'll need another method. Why is opening a cabinet door to see what there is to do so much harder than having that thing on out on top of the table? I have my whiteboard but the To Dos come in faster than I can track or else is overwhelming to see all of them. See - cleaning butts into Life Overwhelm.

I'm the same way, as in I'm an "out of sight, out of mind" person. Unfortunately, that contributes to my clutter because I am reluctant to actually put things away in case I forget about them entirely. I hope that the 10 mins a day pays off for you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 1:54 pm

unless one lives in a mansion, there is never enough room.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 2:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
unless one lives in a mansion, there is never enough room.

I visited a 19' monohull that was doing a circumnavigation, and it was as neat as a picture from Better Homes and Gardens. A guy who lived in a space equivalent to two cords of wood was quite happy with it, but he had a rule that if he wanted a new book or sweater, he had to decide which book or sweater to get rid of.
At the other extreme, I had a pen pal who was a champion collector of things that might prove useful, but had no avenue for finding those uses to thin his stock. Even his friends preferred going to the store than getting what they needed for no money, but having to endure a lecture about thrift instead. He became a slave to it's rent, and was probably traumatized by losing it.