Anti-vax TX councilman dies of COVID

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 1:06 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-politician-dies-of-covid-5-days-after-posting-anti-vaccine-meme/ar-AAMX2NN?ocid=msnews

I don't live far from there.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:10 am

That divisive "anti vax vs pro vax" is beyond ridiculous. We got enough division in this world already. RIP TX Councilman.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:13 am

While his his anti-vaccine stance and death by covid make him eligible for a Darwin Award, his successful fathering of a child beforehand negates his eligibility.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:32 am

Fnord wrote:
While his his anti-vaccine stance and death by covid make him eligible for a Darwin Award, his successful fathering of a child beforehand negates his eligibility.

You should double-check that.

Quote:
The existence of offspring, though potentially deleterious to the gene pool, does not disqualify a nominee. Children inherit only half of each parent's genetic material and thus have their own chance to survive or snuff themselves. If, for instance, the offspring has inherited the "Play With Combustibles" gene, but also has inherited the "Use Caution When..." gene, then she is a potential innovator and asset to the human race. Therefore, each nominee is judged based on whether or not she has removed her own genes, without consideration to the number of offspring or, in the case of an elderly winner, the likelihood of producing more offspring.

https://darwinawards.com/rules/rules1.html

I used to be obsessed with these as a kid. :nerdy:

On-topic, I don't have a small enough fiddle for this occasion.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:42 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
You should double-check that.
Quote:
The existence of offspring, though potentially deleterious to the gene pool, does not disqualify a nominee. Children inherit only half of each parent's genetic material and thus have their own chance to survive or snuff themselves. If, for instance, the offspring has inherited the "Play With Combustibles" gene, but also has inherited the "Use Caution When..." gene, then she is a potential innovator and asset to the human race. Therefore, each nominee is judged based on whether or not she has removed her own genes, without consideration to the number of offspring or, in the case of an elderly winner, the likelihood of producing more offspring.
[...]
Then I stand corrected.  In my defense, I will say that (1) I was unfamiliar with any "official" rules regarding the Darwin Award, and (2) When I was a teenager, I used the term to refer to other (childless) teenagers who had offed themselves doing something stupid, like trying to jump a snowmobile over moving train, or downing 16 shots of tequila while driving.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:46 am

funeralxempire wrote:
[...] On-topic, I don't have a small enough fiddle for this occasion.
Here ya go...

Last edited by Fnord on 05 Aug 2021, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:49 am

Fixxer wrote:
That divisive "anti vax vs pro vax" is beyond ridiculous. We got enough division in this world already. RIP TX Councilman.

I agree. Last I checked, the American Constitution gave citizens the freedom of speech and the freedom of religion.

In this case, politics seems to have become his religion.

Rest in peace.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 7:47 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fixxer wrote:

I agree. Last I checked, the American Constitution gave citizens the freedom of speech and the freedom of religion.

In this case, politics seems to have become his religion.

Rest in peace.

Our state is a mess from top to bottom.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 5:11 am

Fnord wrote:

I'm surprised he didn't already die from Lysol poisoning :lol:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 10:07 am

And it’s not just the U.S.:

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/st-vincent-prime-minister-injured-anti-vaccine-protest-79311582