Disneyland I have heard that it is a peopletrap

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2021, 9:06 am

I have heard that Disneyland is a peopletrap operated by a mouse.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:11 am

Please define "Peopletrap".
Please define "Mouse".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 11:41 am

I've never wanted to go to Disneyland because I get uncomfortable around animatronics. I find them creepy, especially when they malfunction.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 12:06 pm

It takes $100 or more per person, per day to stand in line 2 to 3 hours for a 7-minute ride.  Plus, ever ride exits into a Disney souvenir store full of schlock made in local Anaheim garages and sweat-shops.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 12:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
It takes $100 or more per person, per day to stand in line 2 to 3 hours for a 7-minute ride.  Plus, ever ride exits into a Disney souvenir store full of schlock made in local Anaheim garages and sweat-shops.

Wow! Anyone would think that they are only in it for the money! Do people actually pay that?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 12:36 pm

Sonic200 wrote:

You know, as opposed to mouse traps operated by people. To be fair, most mouse traps don't require an operator.
That would be a really boring job most of the time. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 12:41 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Wow! Anyone would think that they are only in it for the money! Do people actually pay that?
About 51,000 people each day.

Also, it is not unusual to pay $20.00 for a meal with the taste and texture one normally finds in a high school cafeteria.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 12:50 pm

Just before the pandemic, I took a solo trip to Disney World and I don't think it's worth it.

1. Everything is very expensive and everything is about money. So Disney tends to draw people with money and snotty attitudes
2. It's better if you go to the park with someone or a group, otherwise it's lonely. Everyone sticks together in a group.
3. In the past,before the smart phone and the mobile app, I could talk to other guests. Everyone was addicted to their fast pass on the mobile app.
4. It's crowded
5. It's always hot

I wanted to ride the Tower of Terror more than once which I did in the past.

Honestly, I would rather go to the beach when I am in FL because things are cheaper.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 1:46 pm

The quote is "Disneyland is the most successful person trap ever devised by a mouse".

Hard to argue with that.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 2:08 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The quote is "Disneyland is the most successful person trap ever devised by a mouse".

Hard to argue with that.

:lol:

I have never been to Disneyland because it's too far away. Just Disney world and the mouse figured out how to set a wider number of people traps. All the while the mouse is a slave driver for people who work for Disney. They also don't pay them much for all the work those poor cast members put in.

At this point though, I would rather subscribe to Disney+ as they have some good movies and shows.

Last edited by Summer_Twilight on 05 Aug 2021, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 2:12 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Hard to argue with that.

That's a smoother phrasing. Ultimately it's just a wordplay joke and we're all over-thinking a little bit. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Aug 2021, 12:11 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Sonic200 wrote:

You know, as opposed to mouse traps operated by people. To be fair, most mouse traps don't require an operator.
LOTS of people had trouble getting this mouse trap to work :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 12:20 am

Even worse is Disney World.

1. More crazy people because, you know, Florida.

2. More crowded and complex.

3. Greater opportunity for COVID spread because of more people and DeSatan's horrible approach.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 9:19 am

Fnord wrote:

Ride waits can't really be 2-3 hours..

I was there in 1991. Good memories - lots of fun. Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, iirc we swung by Las Vegas that trip, did the Oregon Coast, and we walked across the border into Tijuana.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 9:32 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Ride waits can't really be 2-3 hours.  I was there in 1991. Good memories - lots of fun. Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, iirc we swung by Las Vegas that trip, did the Oregon Coast, and we walked across the border into Tijuana.
That was 1991.  I was there about 6 months B.C. (Before Covid), and stood nearly 2 hours in the line for Haunted Mansion, and a little over 3 hours for the Jungle Ride.  That was also the last time I ever went to Disneyland.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 9:38 am

nick007 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Sonic200 wrote:

LOTS of people had trouble getting this mouse trap to work :arrow:

Oh noes, I remember that game! :lol: