Page 4 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 1:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
Bullies rarely act alone.  They require either a cheering squad or apprentice bullies; but once one of them starts bullying, the rest will join as a mob.

Bullies? Conservatives are at their breaking point out of despair, culture is hostile to them at every turn, their enemies control the media, academia, the entertainment industry, social media and tech, and increasingly big business itself, while they hang on to some political power with their fingernails. The anger I'm talking about is not driven by "we're going to take over and make the libs do what we want", it's "we need to stop the libs before they destroy us completely", very different.

Last edited by Dox47 on 12 Aug 2021, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 2:04 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Bullies rarely act alone.  They require either a cheering squad or apprentice bullies; but once one of them starts bullying, the rest will join as a mob.

Bullies? Conservatives are at their breaking point out of despair, culture is hostile to them at every turn, their enemies control the media, academia, the entertainment industry, social media and tech, and increasingly big business itself, while they hang on to some political power with their fingernails. The anger I'm talking about is not driven by "we're going to take over an make the libs do what we want", it's "we need to stop the libs before they destroy us completely", very different.

Mmmhmm.. because right wing propagandist tucker carlson having The Most Popular "news," show in the history of US news-o-tainment = the political left controls the mainstream media. :roll: faux news IS the mainstream media..

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 2:15 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Mmmhmm.. because right wing propagandist tucker carlson having The Most Popular "news," show in the history of US news-o-tainment = the political left controls the mainstream media. :roll: faux news IS the mainstream media..

On guy one one network does not disprove my thesis. Does it not even occur to you that the reason his show has such large numbers is that for conservative audiences, there is no other option but Fox, where as liberal viewers can choose any number of options?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 2:36 pm

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

On guy one one network does not disprove my thesis. Does it not even occur to you that the reason his show has such large numbers is that for conservative audiences, there is no other option but Fox, where as liberal viewers can choose any number of options?

That one guy most certainly does disprove your nonsense. He's the most mainstream of mainstream media! :lol:

Conservative audiences can choose to watch whatever they want to besides fox. There's no rule that says they must watch fauxpaganda. They're free to change the channel just the same as anyone else is.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 2:46 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

That one guy most certainly does disprove your nonsense. He's the most mainstream of mainstream media! :lol:

Conservative audiences can choose to watch whatever they want to besides fox. There's no rule that says they must watch fauxpaganda. They're free to change the channel just the same as anyone else is.

There's gotta be other right wing stations they can watch. Or is Fox News the only one they've got for their news?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 3:09 pm

League_Girl wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

There's gotta be other right wing stations they can watch. Or is Fox News the only one they've got for their news?

There's other sources of nonsense, like newsmax, alex jones, trump tv/don jr, rhq etc etc blah blah - none worth capitalization, though. :lol:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 3:16 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

There's other sources of nonsense, like newsmax, alex jones, trump tv/don jr, rhq etc etc blah blah - none worth capitalization, though. :lol:

You forgot MSNBC, CNN, ABC, etc.

You do understand that poltical biases are meaningless, right? They are all invested in maintaining the corporate state.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 3:53 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

But these is only one mainstream channel that doesn't insult them and their worldview at every opportunity, which is why Fox has such high ratings, they're practically the only fish in that pond. The joke about Fox is that they discovered a previously overlooked slice of the market: the other half of the country.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 4:00 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Don't forget info wars and Liberty hangout.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 4:04 pm

League_Girl wrote:

How are you trying to compare fringe conspiracy sites to mainstream national TV networks? They're not remotely the same thing, and I don't think Infowars even has an ideological bent, they're just kinda nuts.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Aug 2021, 5:20 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Unless, of course, we're all cool with the supply and demand of plebs eating the rich

Is there any other way though? Other side has no qualms, they are happy to "eat the poor" the moment they can get away with it.

IDK, just wondering what kind of realistic solutions are there.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:03 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
↑ Have you thought of running a "ghost" restaurant?  I do not know exactly how they operate; but they are essentially just a kitchen with a pick-up area for delivery drivers -- no dine-in facilities.

Are they profitable?  I do not know...

True story; about six months after opening, I thought up that exact idea after noticing how much of my business was coming in through delivery apps, then started hearing about ghost kitchens, and realized that that's what I should have done in the first place. Not only can you cut out all of the front of house staff and dining space, you can optimize your food to be delivered rather than delivering food that doesn't travel well, you can locate in cheaper areas without parking or foot traffic, and you never have to touch cash if you do app only, eliminating one avenue of employee theft and also making yourself a less attractive target for crime.

Ultimately though, the restaurant business is a lot of work for not a lot of money and more headaches than you can possibly imagine, so after having sold my business and taking a covid layoff from a different restaurant I'm doing the cliche thing and learning to code, watching all my highschool friends make big money working remotely has convinced me that pursuing a low paying passion career really is for chumps and romantics (I'm a romantic, not a chump).

Many ghost kitchens, ghost restaurants, and even ghost grocery stores experienced growth during 2020 - on account of COVID.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:51 pm

Dox47 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

How are you trying to compare fringe conspiracy sites to mainstream national TV networks? They're not remotely the same thing, and I don't think Infowars even has an ideological bent, they're just kinda nuts.

The right wing treats them as news source. To me those sites are just their opinion, same as Fox News. I don't see Fox News as news source so the name is misleading.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:57 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

You forgot MSNBC, CNN, ABC, etc.

You do understand that poltical biases are meaningless, right? They are all invested in maintaining the corporate state.

Of course, same here in Canada. But once in a while we get a politician with a bit of a soul & conscience left.

Maybe you should run for government? You could use the following slogan: Your vote doesn't count anyways, so vote for me and I promise I won't do anything!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:58 pm

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

But these is only one mainstream channel that doesn't insult them and their worldview at every opportunity, which is why Fox has such high ratings, they're practically the only fish in that pond. The joke about Fox is that they discovered a previously overlooked slice of the market: the other half of the country.

Is it literally everyone else in the country and world's fault that their worldview is absurd? :?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:59 pm

Dox47 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Uuuh, faux news continues to spread conspiracy theory nonsense about the election and covid just the same as the internet rabbit holes, soooo... that's how they're comparable.