Are Christian girls more judgemental in non-religious topics

Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 6:27 pm

We all heard the matra "Christians are judgemental". I am not going to ask why they are more judgemental when it comes to topics such as homosexuality. Whether you think its right or wrong, you know where it comes from: from the Bible. But in this post I am going to discuss the judgemental aspect that I actually DON"T know where it comes from: accusing guys of cheating. Since cheating bothers everyone, with all and no beliefs, then one would think that there is no reason why a Christian girl would more likely accuse the guy of cheating than the secular one. Yet my experience shows that she is.

A devote Christian girl I dated in 2012-2014 thought that I was cheating when my skype wifi wasn't working properly, as well as when my mom's landlors sons with their daughters (whom I see maybe once in few years if that) were coming over. And another devote Christian girl, whom I talked to just few weeks ago, thought I was cheating when I hanged up the phone because I was hiding her from my mom; I told her it was my mom, but she just assumed that there is actually another girl which there wasn't.

Now, neither of those girls are any more picky than others when it comes to turn offs other than that. On the contrary, they seemed to be less picky. For example, with the girl back in 2012--2014, I kept on and on whining why I have no friends and why professors don't want to work with me. For the vast majority of women this is a turn off. She was perfeclty fine with that. Also, when I told her I had Asperger she said she didn't see anything wrong with me, while the vast majority of other women do. So when it comes to most things, she was very easy going and non-demanding. Yet, the moment skype stops working properly, this suddenly becomes a problem.

Now, the skype was not the only "surprise" that I saw with her. The other "surprise" was the cuss words. And not just F-word, but even saying damn was the problem. Well, with cuss words it IS connected to religion, she told me that. But what about skype not working properly? Where in the Bible does it say that skype needs to be perfect?! Yes Bible does say that cheating is wrong. But the problem is that atheists find cheating wrong too. So if both Christian and atheist girls are equally disliking cheating, why should Christian girls be so much more suspicious in this regard?

So I was wondering whether anyone else also noticed a pattern of Christians being picky in topics that are seemingly secular. If so, what are your thoughts on how it comes about?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 8:21 pm

In my experience, devout conservatives of any religion and either sex are the most judgemental.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 8:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
In my experience, devout conservatives of any religion and either sex are the most judgemental.

The question remains: what does "any religion" has to do with "secular" issues such as the ones talked about in OP?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 8:48 pm

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The question remains: what does "any religion" has to do with "secular" issues such as the ones talked about in OP?
You tell me, since it was you who mentioned "Christians" in both the subject line and the 1st post.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 8:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
You tell me, since it was you who mentioned "Christians" in both the subject line and the 1st post.

I know my observations, but I don't know the reasons behind them. I am asking you for the underlying reason.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 8:55 pm

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I know my observations, but I don't know the reasons behind them. I am asking you for the underlying reason.
Because conservative religions, like Christianity, promote an "Us versus Them" mentality, where "Us" represents the "pure & holy", while "Them" represents the impure and the unholy (e.g., "Sinners").

Hence, a "pure & holy" Christian girl would be reluctant to sully her soul by associating with any man she perceives as less "pure & holy" than she or her peers.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 9:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Because conservative religions, like Christianity, promote an "Us versus Them" mentality, where "Us" represents the "pure & holy", while "Them" represents the impure and the unholy (e.g., "Sinners").

Hence, a "pure & holy" Christian girl would be reluctant to sully her soul by associating with any man she perceives as less "pure & holy" than she or her peers.

But the question is: what do the skype glitches have to do with lack of holiness?

If we go with her ASSUMPTION that they relate to cheating, then sure: cheating is lack of holiness. But why would she have to make that assumption on the first place? Why can't she consider the possibility that one of the "holy" people, who never cheats, had a technology problem?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 9:20 pm

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Because conservative religions, like Christianity, promote an "Us versus Them" mentality, where "Us" represents the "pure & holy", while "Them" represents the impure and the unholy (e.g., "Sinners").  Hence, a "pure & holy" Christian girl would be reluctant to sully her soul by associating with any man she perceives as less "pure & holy" than she or her peers.
But the question is: what do the skype glitches have to do with lack of holiness?
[color=black]Tech glitches, to many Christians who use them, are signs of The Devil's Work.

Her cussing is simple hypocrisy.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 9:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
Tech glitches, to many Christians who use them, are signs of The Devil's Work.

What do you mean by "use them". You can't really "use the glitch" since by glitch I meant mishap. So you meant they use what?

Fnord wrote:
Her cussing is simple hypocrisy.[/color]

She didn't cuss. On the contrary, she had a problem with me when I did.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 9:28 pm

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
What do you mean by "use them". You can't really "use the glitch" since by glitch I meant mishap. So you meant they use what?
Skype and other communications systems.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 9:43 pm

QFT wrote:
So I was wondering whether anyone else also noticed a pattern of Christians being picky in topics that are seemingly secular. If so, what are your thoughts on how it comes about?

It should be apparent that fundamentalist christians are programmed from a young age to be judgemental toward others not part of their church. It's not rocket science.

The level of judgement is measurably different depending on the topic/issue/status of the person they are interacting with. Most devout people who muslim or christian believe those who follow other religious faiths face eternal damnation. They might smile at you sitting a coffee shop but in their minds they are saying "my soul is saved" and "you will face the hellfire".

So (yes) they will be picky.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 10:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
It should be apparent that fundamentalist christians are programmed from a young age to be judgemental toward others not part of their church.

Except that the issue at hand had nothing to do with being part of their church. It had to do with how my skype works. So what is the connection?

As it happens, I wasn't part of the denomination of the 2012--2014 girl (she is Southern Baptist, and I am Messianic). But this didn't stop her from dating me. The skype problems did.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 10:23 pm

Fnord wrote:

This seems more like something Pentacostal/Charismatic would say, while the girl in question was Southern Baptist.

I had a different girl that was Pentacostal/Charismatic that was saying Asperger is demonic and was nagging me to pray more. But thats not the girl I am talking about.

On the other hand, the girl I *am* talking about -- who is Southern Baptist -- never once asked me how often I prayed and never referred to demons either. She *was* however all about being "proper" -- particularly my use of proper language. So it felt like it "wasn't proper" that my skype didn't work, except that I don't see its connection to religion.

Now, IF she were to actually think that my skype not working is due to demonic influence, this would make sense. BUT the problem is that she never said thats what she thought. So that would be you putting words into her mouth. Or are you saying she thought that and was simply too polite to say it?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 11:08 pm

QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
It should be apparent that fundamentalist christians are programmed from a young age to be judgemental toward others not part of their church.

Except that the issue at hand had nothing to do with being part of their church. It had to do with how my skype works. So what is the connection?

As it happens, I wasn't part of the denomination of the 2012--2014 girl (she is Southern Baptist, and I am Messianic). But this didn't stop her from dating me. The skype problems did.

You made a general statement about whether we noticed christians can be judgemental, I responded to that question.
On the matter of whether skype worked or not...what the heck has that got to do with the girl's religious beliefs???

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 12:46 am

cyberdad wrote:
You made a general statement about whether we noticed christians can be judgemental, I responded to that question.

If you read OP, I specifically spelled it out that I was "not" asking about things that "are" related to Christianity and I "am" asking only about things that are "not" related to it. Remember the part where I said I am not asking about their attitude towards gays cause it is self-explanatory? That was just an example to make a bigger point that I am not asking about things that are "logically" contradicting their beliefs (including people that don't belong to their church) since that is self explanatory too. What I "was" asking are things that are "not" self explanatory, such as their attitude towards skype.

cyberdad wrote:
On the matter of whether skype worked or not...what the heck has that got to do with the girl's religious beliefs???

That is precisely what I was asking.

I saw a "pattern" that the girls that were super picky on skype were devote Christian, and I was asking for an explanation why is that.

I mean if they are so easy going when it comes to everything else yet are such a snowflakes when it comes to skype, there is got to be a reason for it. And if it is only devote Christian on whom I saw this contrast, that made me whonder whether it has to do with their Christianity.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 1:37 am

I think you should have just asked, Why was this woman insecure and accused me of cheating? Wrong planet people go off topic a lot especially if you mention religion. I know you tried, but this thread is dead before it began.

This is 1 insecure woman. We don't know why she's insecure. When you've met one aspie you've met one aspie. When you've met one insecure Christian woman you've met one insecure Christian woman.

Maybe she had a mother like mine who bad mouthed men all the time and told her you can't expect men to do the right thing, so she always looks for "the signs" that a man is up to no good

I don't think you guys know how bitter disappointed women talk about men to younger women. They run men down and tell you not to trust them.

Edit: it might not be too late to change that red flag of a thread title of you want answers about your actual situation.