Are Christian girls more judgemental in non-religious topics

Page 3 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 7:03 am

No Britain isn't an egalitarian uptopia, we still have issues here.

Kraftie is right. Women don't often do the approaching, never in public, but even if she's a friend who has been hanging out with you in a group. She's more likely to think, "He seems to like me, but why won't he ask me out?" Rather than ask you herself. She will drop a load of hints and want you to pick up on it.

British culture is full of hints and passive politeness. We are not direct as a culture. It is an Aspie hell. Most of my friends are foreign because I find British women hard to read.

Even as a direct woman who asked men out and made moves, I got rejected. It's de-masculating. They don't like it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 7:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
At least 90% of the time in the “real world,” it’s the man that must approach the woman, even if the woman strongly hints that she wants to be approached by you.

Like on trains?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 7:06 am

hurtloam wrote:
British culture is full of hints and passive politeness. We are not direct as a culture. It is an Aspie hell. Most of my friends are foreign because I find British women hard to read..

I find British people to be quite good as friends but they are awful to work under. My worst bosses I've ever had were Brits. Classism is so ingrained in their heads they think people working for them are an underclass!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 7:09 am

QFT wrote:
Actually during the first message when she said she didn't think I was white, she quoted some biblical scriptures against mixing animals of different breeds and claimed it applies to humans too. And then, after she was convinced I am white, we talked about some race issues and she said she believed in blacks being under the curse of Ham as well as Whites being lost tribes of Israel.

I honestly don't know what to say to that? this girl sounds really quite brainwashed. Why would you contemplate dating somebody like this or are you comfortable dating racists?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 7:24 am

Like everywhere, not just on trains.

I haven’t approached a woman on a train since the 1980s.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 7:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:
Actually during the first message when she said she didn't think I was white, she quoted some biblical scriptures against mixing animals of different breeds and claimed it applies to humans too. And then, after she was convinced I am white, we talked about some race issues and she said she believed in blacks being under the curse of Ham as well as Whites being lost tribes of Israel.

I honestly don't know what to say to that? this girl sounds really quite brainwashed. Why would you contemplate dating somebody like this or are you comfortable dating racists?

Aye aye, she's no loss is she.

I think OP wants to find a better match, but when you're scraping the barrel, you get prospective partners like this charming young lady.

My last date was with someone totally unsuited to me, gladly not racist, but I still tried to analyse what I had done wrong.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 7:38 am

hurtloam wrote:
My last date was with someone totally unsuited to me, gladly not racist, but I still tried to analyse what I had done wrong.

feel free to share

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 7:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

feel free to share

I did share at the time. It's in the past. He's married now. We just didn't click. I found talking to him to be like pulling teeth.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

08 Aug 2021, 12:56 pm

Maybe you could ask yourself "What makes me give off cheater vibes to these christian girls, what am i saying, what values do i portray, and how do i talk about religion with them?"

I conclude you're an atheist? Thats very hard on others, they really dont understand anything about it and theres a lot of misconception and mistrust. "Have i took the time to explain to them what atheism means to me and deal with whatever questions and doubts they have?"

This one girl said Christians, many of them, actually arent real christians. This misturust about people extends in the area of her religion too.

But generally cheaters i experienced use the common trick and cant always get offline, their lies come unraveled. Thing is you can never know if its the person or the tech, an excuse or theyre being honest. Online relationships can have more insecurity around them.

And once you had it happen to you or to someone you know, it's really hard to believe it the 2nd time. Also its important what they see in you apart from that time, are you around enough? Do you have nothing to do but you arent spending quality time with them? Do you prioritize her over your family and friends reliably or does she have to fight for every fragment of time with you? Do you hide the relationship? Hiding a relationship is not pleasant to deal with, this is a trick often used by players and p*****s who cant deal with reality of taking responsibility for the truths in their life. Theres no excuse to hide a relationship, you can be whipped by your mom to a skeleton, not many people would find a good enough reason for you to do that to them. Are you afraid, ashamed, whatever is your problem you have a relationship, and you have to take that responsibility and deal with it, be an adult. I think that person actually had thought it wouldnt be normal for people to hide their relationship from their mom. Whats the big deal with telling your mom you have a gf?

I never had any relationship that was without doubts at some point. From both sides. And i had a lot of them, all online except a short one. The main doubts in relationships tend to be loyalty, caring and leaving. With the online, who you portray to be and who you show to be or who you might be is a major concern.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Last edited by Rexi on 08 Aug 2021, 1:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 1:02 pm

Rexi wrote:
I conclude you're an atheist?

No, I am not.

I am Messianic. What that means is that I combine Jewish practices with Christian beliefs, and go to Messianic congregations that do the same. I was born Jewish, and became Messianic when I was 22.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 10:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
QFT wrote:

I date girls all across the political spectrum. Case in point:

a) A democrat with Ph.D. is better than a republican with BA
b) A republican with Ph.D. is better than a democrat with BA

So that goes to show that republican vs democrat isn't as important as some other things. Same goes for views on races.

Now, did that girl have Ph.D? Nope. But she was Messianic. Thats another bonus. It still in many ways it felt like settling. But, as hurtloam put it, I am scraping the barrel, so I can't afford to be picky.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 11:34 pm

QFT wrote:
I date girls all across the political spectrum. Case in point:
a) A democrat with Ph.D. is better than a republican with BA
b) A republican with Ph.D. is better than a democrat with BA.

WTH QFT! who judges a girl based on whether they have a PhD or A BA?? honestly you are the first male who prefers to date a woman based on her qualifications?? and BTW arts girls are much prettier than science girls (based on probabilities)

QFT wrote:
So that goes to show that republican vs democrat isn't as important as some other things. Same goes for views on races.

Ummm no not really. A girl who thinks black people are cursed and that god declared races shouldn't mix is a nutjob. Where do you find these women??

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 12:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
WTH QFT! who judges a girl based on whether they have a PhD or A BA?? honestly you are the first male who prefers to date a woman based on her qualifications??

I think it is pretty commonplace to look for partners that have common interests. For me, academic things are big part of my life. So I would have more in common with someone who is also academically oriented.

But, like I said, that girl was not in academia, neither did she have ph.d. The only reason I brought it up is to make a point that there are things more important than political views. So saying "I date all across political spectrum" doesn't mean I have no preferences. I might simply have preferences other than politics. And I gave an example of such.

cyberdad wrote:
and BTW arts girls are much prettier than science girls (based on probabilities)

So in other words, you think preferring the girls in academia is shallow yet preferring the girls that are pretty isn't? I would have thought the other way around. To me, personality/interests is more important than looks. Yes looks matter too though, just less.

And I am not sure why would girls in arts be prettier than in science or visa versa. What is the connection between career choice and physiology?

cyberdad wrote:
Ummm no not really. A girl who thinks black people are cursed and that god declared races shouldn't mix is a nutjob. Where do you find these women??

"Where do you find these women?" I found her in www.christiandatingforfree.com And no, most people on that site aren't racist (feel free to check it out if you like). But since I was on that site for many years, I am bound to run into a racist sooner or later, thats just a statistics. And all I was saying is that I can't afford making something like that a deal breaker given that

a) Due to Asperger I can't afford to be picky
b) There are attributes that rank higher on my list of importance than political views.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 12:54 am

Common interests maybe, but not qualification. I have over the years known hundreds of academics and let me tell you only once met an academic who was married another academic. Most male/female academics marry people outside of their area of research. Male academics I know have been married to women from all backgrounds. You fall in love with the person not their piece of paper they have on their wall.

"Artsy" girls are prettier, everyone knows that. Possible that the entrance scores to get into a arts course is lower than that for sciences so they tend to be less nerdy. Don't know, just that it's common knowledge.

Don't like where you are going with this. Just because you "cant afford to by picky" means you shouldn't settle for somebody who is openly saying vile things about other human beings. From a pragmatic perspective if she can believe these things she is capable of coming up with irrational things about you but you chose to ignore the red flags.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 1:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
Common interests maybe, but not qualification. I have over the years known hundreds of academics and let me tell you only once met an academic who was married another academic.

In my experience there are a lot more such couples. Among the faculty members of the Math depratment of the university I am currently at, there are TWO such married couples. Also at the math department of the other university there was one boyfriend-girlfriend couple among faculty members, they weren't married though. Similarly, there are also couples among singers too. For example Sergey and Tatyana Nikitin, Yusif Eyvazov and Anna Netrepko, and so forth.

cyberdad wrote:
"Artsy" girls are prettier, everyone knows that. Possible that the entrance scores to get into a arts course is lower than that for sciences so they tend to be less nerdy.

I agree that artsy girls are less nerdy than science girls. But I prefer nerdy girls anyway. Since I am nerdy myself, I would connect more easily with nerdy girls. I also believe that nerdy girls have deeper emotions, since they can be introspective as opposed to outgoing ones that just want to full around.

As far as beauty, I don't see how can you assume that nerdy girls are less beautiful. Being nerdy is a personality trait. Beauty is a physical trait. I don't see the connection between the two.

cyberdad wrote:
Don't like where you are going with this. Just because you "cant afford to by picky" means you shouldn't settle for somebody who is openly saying vile things about other human beings. From a pragmatic perspective if she can believe these things she is capable of coming up with irrational things about you but you chose to ignore the red flags.

And liberals were saying vile things about me, too. A very good example is back in 2001 when I was attacked by the liberals in a mailing list for student with autism and asperger syndrome. I couldn't recover from that wound for many years. It is possible that my whole entire career and life in general would have been in a totally different place if I didn't stumble across that mailing list.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 2:18 am

QFT wrote:
In my experience there are a lot more such couples. Among the faculty members of the Math depratment of the university I am currently at, there are TWO such married couples. Also at the math department of the other university there was one boyfriend-girlfriend couple among faculty members, they weren't married though. Similarly, there are also couples among singers too. For example Sergey and Tatyana Nikitin, Yusif Eyvazov and Anna Netrepko, and so forth.

Dating is one thing. Of course young men and women date when they spend lots of time together they hook up. But I'm talking marriage. Yeah possibly math/physics because its so esoteric.

QFT wrote:
I agree that artsy girls are less nerdy than science girls. But I prefer nerdy girls anyway. Since I am nerdy myself, I would connect more easily with nerdy girls. I also believe that nerdy girls have deeper emotions, since they can be introspective as opposed to outgoing ones that just want to full around.
As far as beauty, I don't see how can you assume that nerdy girls are less beautiful. Being nerdy is a personality trait. Beauty is a physical trait. I don't see the connection between the two.

Yes that's valid, and its your preference anyway.

QFT wrote:
And liberals were saying vile things about me, too. A very good example is back in 2001 when I was attacked by the liberals in a mailing list for student with autism and asperger syndrome. I couldn't recover from that wound for many years. It is possible that my whole entire career and life in general would have been in a totally different place if I didn't stumble across that mailing list.

Ok nobody can stop you from falling in love with anyone, so you are in charge of your own life. I am however, curious, you said you only like nerdy smart girls. Are you sure this racist/narrow minded christian girl fits this description?