Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

darkness2021
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Aug 2021, 3:51 am

Hi all been coding for while only basic stuff attracted to idea writing apps getting into more advanced stuff particular on apple macs laptop after anyone advice what good laptop to get and looking some reviews on amazon about them breaking down do they break down often would be best buy from amazon or thought apple.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2021, 2:21 pm

i guess it will depend on your budget .

mac's are solid . but if you can , invest a macbook pro if possible , and highest Ram you can afford . Ram is the most telling factor for running applications .

also .. the M2 chip will be out soon , so not sure if it's worth waiting for that

Abigail Perez
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Aug 2021, 12:47 pm

It all depends on your budget. If you are willing to spend a lot of money you will buy a great MacBook, otherwise you run the risk of facing problems!

darkness2021
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Aug 2021, 1:27 pm

about 2500 think pay for apple laptop

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 2:57 am

There is very little difference between pro and air with apple m1 CPU. I see no reason to pay more for pro version unless you are planning to do a lot of heavy tasks like high res video editing or 3D sculpting. I'm waiting for release of m2 to get second hand or refurbished m1 at lower price.

I never buy brand new macs, it's a huge waste of money, you loose like 40% of it's cost the moment you unwrap it.

I believe it doesn't make sense to get 8Gb RAM version, 8Gb is not going to be enough even for basic stuff very soon, even right now it dramatically increases SSD wearing. I think it will get bad reputation and would be much harder to resell at decent price.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2021, 10:43 am

as badRobot put it , it mifht be worth looking for a well kept second hand model , as there are alot of people who are chain consumers and simply want the latest 'one out' . i don't know what requirements you need for Coding specifically