Page 1 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 3:59 pm

Not sure if a thread like this exists but what was the last game you won?

For me it was Ion Fury, it is a pretty good game if anyone here likes first person shooters. Its got a retro feel to it too which is a plus for me.

Wilburisautistic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2021, 12:52 am

I don't know if this counts, but recently I beat the game "Celeste". :D

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 1:12 am

Wilburisautistic wrote:
I don't know if this counts, but recently I beat the game "Celeste". :D

That is really cool, the game can be really hard, and I remember finding the end to be very satisfying. Remember to be proud of your death counter, each one was a time that you learned and stood back up.

For myself, I think the most recent one was Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I kind of started thinking that I would just experience it a little, and ended up compelled to finish the whole thing. Actually, it was probably Link's Awakening on the Switch.

I had been kind of floundering around for a while trying to find a game that would compel me to win and finish it. The current contender being Bloodstained, which I think has caught me in its grip, so hopefully I will be able to post it here. SotN got me to finish it.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 7:26 pm

A bit over 60 hours and I have "won" Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, It had been over a year since I technically started the game, but I really tried to finish it this time. I got every enemy, including their shard (random drop power), really I kind of became overpowered towards the end at using the luck stat to farm resources for upgrades, including the best weapon that was pretty much a share with SotN, although the true final boss (a full reference to SotN) did push my reserves a bit in needing to use items. Money kind of became ridiculous at a point, where after putting a whole lot down for upgrades, farming became ridiculously easy.

I am aiming for all the trophies, to make it one of the few I have Platinumed, and currently have everything, including the full map explored, except completing the complete item list (getting every item). I have every potion, prepared food, ingredient, material, helm, armour, ring, and scarf. The only thing left is getting all the weapons, which I suspect the longest thing to get will be to make all the weapons that require the 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit materials, which are expensive to buy in the game, and will probably be best to just farm lots of money, and then buy materials the also expensive but less so materials to break them down to their materials after making them.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 10:23 am

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion :heart:

♤ The Military

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2021, 9:59 pm

Last game beaten was Mega Man X for Super Nintendo. So, so, so good. I always heard it was great and it did not disappoint.

Last 'campaign' won was Crusader Kings 2, where I played as Abyssinia.

Last game against another person won was probably a Pokemon Sword/Shield battle.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2021, 11:39 pm

Scrabble. (The board game).

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 2:18 pm

Probably Resident Evil 4 on professional difficulty.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 11:28 am

Crusade of Destiny for the Blackberry Playbook.

I had this game for a while which I didn't play much initially. I didn't understand how to sell items and therefore, how to get money. The way to sell items is to go in your menu when you are facing the merchant(s) and you do that instead of clicking on the exclamation mark. Once I figured that out, I was able to get through the game.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 4:00 am

I'm on a bit of a streak lately, I usually don't finish the games I buy, but I managed to get all the way through XCOM 2 and Scarlet Nexus this week. Man, Scarlet Nexus was weird.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 10:49 am

Final Fantasy : Dawn of Souls

I’m currently playing the Soul of Rebirth part, trying to get the Ultima spell to full power (I’ve beat the game, but it gives me a reason to keep playing it).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 10:50 am

3D chess by email.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 11:30 am

I won a race in rFactor last week while I was tinkering with the game. Now I've got it setup right so I probably won't be getting too many 1st place finishes anymore. :oops:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 10:33 pm

Mundaun.

admittedly not hard to beat, because very much focussed on the narrative. Great game, though.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 9:19 pm

Children of Morta, what a fun little game.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 4:02 pm

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, zero deaths.