Famous People One Thinks Could Be On The Spectrum.

Page 6 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

kuze
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2021, 8:49 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
kuze wrote:
The difference between us and celebs with ASD is that most of us didn't pay for a very expensive psychologist to give us the desired result.

kuze

This makes no sense. Since when has getting an autism diagnosis been "desireable"?

There have been celebs who publicly labeled themselves. For example Jerry Seinfeld. But he said that he "read up on it and decided that that sounds like me". He didnt "pay a shrink to diagnose him" any desired way.

Hello, I have met people that appear to act envious of an ASD diagnosis. In my experience, this behaviour has the ability to prevent the potentially envious person from acknowledging the person with ASD = problem. This is a well versed situation that has been dramatised in TV shows like 'ATypical' etc. My point was that money equals power in our societies. I find it easy to imagine that the personal doctors and psychologists of the rich are somewhat controlled by their paymasters.

kuze

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 2:10 am

kuze wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
kuze wrote:
The difference between us and celebs with ASD is that most of us didn't pay for a very expensive psychologist to give us the desired result.

kuze

This makes no sense. Since when has getting an autism diagnosis been "desireable"?

There have been celebs who publicly labeled themselves. For example Jerry Seinfeld. But he said that he "read up on it and decided that that sounds like me". He didnt "pay a shrink to diagnose him" any desired way.

Hello, I have met people that appear to act envious of an ASD diagnosis. In my experience, this behaviour has the ability to prevent the potentially envious person from acknowledging the person with ASD = problem. This is a well versed situation that has been dramatised in TV shows like 'ATypical' etc. My point was that money equals power in our societies. I find it easy to imagine that the personal doctors and psychologists of the rich are somewhat controlled by their paymasters.

kuze

Still doesnt make sense.

Why would anyone "envy" an aspergers diagnosis?

Only two reasons that I can think of. Either (1) they think the diagnosis is somehow "cool", or (2) that they think that they will get practical benifits from the diagnosis (govt. assistance, or help getting a job, or like that).

A celebrity who is rich enough to bribe a shrink has no need of reason two. If you can do it you have no reason to do it.

If one then it doesnt work that way. Celebs who declare that they have aspergers turn out to have NOT gotten any actual diagnosis. Like Seinfeld they just read up on it and decide the shoe fits.

And your experience is not my experience. A few years ago even the lady shrink I went to had never even HEARD of aspergers. Its rare to find folks who know what aspergers and high function autism is. I have never met anyone who envied a person for having it diagnosed. But I dont go around advertising the fact that I have a diagnosis. One coworker struck up a conversation with me about coworkers we have had in the company who were autistic, and I didnt even mention to him that I have a diagnosis myself.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 7:08 pm

I feel like some celebs "want" an Asperger's diagnosis because, then, this would excuse their sometimes unstable behavior and situations where they screw up in interviews.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 7:14 pm

Derek Chauvin

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 7:23 pm

What is masking? Also, Mountain Goat, what are those other traits CL has?

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 7:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel like some celebs "want" an Asperger's diagnosis because, then, this would excuse their sometimes unstable behavior and situations where they screw up in interviews.

I think that a lot of people in the entertainment business are on the autistic/Asperger's spectrum. It's the nature of that business that sends them into hell. They can't cope with the demand. Once I was a nurse in a high school. Their orchestra was the best but most of the kids were on very strong psychiatric meds. It made me sad. They were so young.

Last edited by RightGalaxy on 15 Sep 2021, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 7:26 pm

"Masking," within an autism context, is when you seek to hide typical "autistic" traits and movements from the general public. When you have the urge to "stim," say, you restrain that urge. When you have the urge to repeat a word or phrase, you resist that urge. When you have the urge to talk about your special interest constantly, you resist that urge.

You try very hard to appear "normal" when you "mask."

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 7:27 pm

Guillermo Del Toro

(Yes, you read that right.)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:16 pm

William the Bull!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 12:15 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
What is masking? Also, Mountain Goat, what are those other traits CL has?

None, because she hasn't got it.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 12:40 am

Axeman wrote:
Lincoln was way too people savvy to be on the spectrum. Grant on the other hand...

I'll actually second this one. If you've ever read any of his autobiography (allegedly written by backer Mark Twain), Grant comes off as either very socially naive or incredibly disingenuous in his comprehension of the social dynamics around him.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 4:59 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Lincoln was way too people savvy to be on the spectrum. Grant on the other hand...

I'll actually second this one. If you've ever read any of his autobiography (allegedly written by backer Mark Twain), Grant comes off as either very socially naive or incredibly disingenuous in his comprehension of the social dynamics around him.

I also agree about Grant. During his formative years growing up in Ohio, being a student of the local schools always bored him and he hardly talked to any of his classmates.

Such classmates often gave him a nickname; the nickname being "Useless."

Savoura
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2021, 6:02 am

I suspect these celebrities:

Ellen
The eyes
Sensitive to smell
Staff is not allowed to have eye contact with her.

Grimes
Ate only spaghetti for a year
Stimms
Connects with Elon
Anxiety attacks
Eating disorder
Different thinker

Billie Eilish
The Eyes
Tourettes
Behavior

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 5:35 pm

Orson Welles

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:39 am

Was Louis XVI autistic? Author claims France's last king had condition that meant he struggled to be intimate with Marie Antoinette and left him vulnerable to influential courtiers

Quote:
An author has claimed France's last king Louis XVI was born with autism-spectrum disorder, leaving him vulnerable to the self-interests of ministers, struggling to be intimate with his wife Marie Antoinette and ‘unable to look anyone in the eye’.

But American writer Nancy Goldstone told AirMail that the monarch's struggles started from birth, after he was born in 1754 with autism-spectrum disorder (ASD), a condition no one understood at the time.

Making her claim, Nancy said: ‘So, although highly intelligent and in every other way a more compassionate, moral, honest, and better-intentioned ruler than his predecessor (Louis XV), the new King of France was unable to look anyone in the eye.

He could not read others’ expressions; spoke rarely and then in an odd, toneless voice; cried when under pressure; and, most importantly as it related to his young wife, did not understand the sex act until five years into their marriage, when Marie Antoinette’s older brother came for a visit and explained in a gentle, factual manner the mechanics of conception.'

The author also claims Marie Antoinette wasn’t as influential as citizens believed since Louis XVI’s ministers had ‘figured out early how to manage the king in order to get the policies they wanted passed’.

While he was introverted and shy, she was a social butterfly who loved gambling, partying and extravagant fashions.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 4:45 pm

Martin Scorsese