Famous People One Thinks Could Be On The Spectrum.

Page 4 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 11:48 am

Quote:
Read the title of the thread.

He didnt ask "which famous people do you know for a fact have publicily announced that they have been officially diagnosed with autism?".

He asked "which famous people do you suspect could be on the spectrum?".

So obviously he doesnt "know" for sure.

On the other hand- if you look at the evidence MG presented, that TV video, I dunno.

To me it does not scream "autistic". But apparently it reminds of MG of his own behavior. So thats where he is coming from.

AS agrees that she could be that.

I know that, I meant there's no information anywhere else saying she could be an undiagnosed Aspie, it was just something made up by a few people in this thread.

nettaclaymation16
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Aug 2021, 12:25 pm

I am pretty much certain that Japanese comic book artist nekojiru/Chiyomi Hashiguchi has ASD, there are just too many behaviours she has that aren't neurotypical.

Here's a summary of her traits:
-Famous blank stare that all her colleagues talked about
-No eye contact with new people
-Working on projects for days straight
-Hates the taste of certain food textures to the point she would spit food out at people when she didn't like it
-Lack of social awareness/speech filter, incapable of lying
-Didn't want to make friends as a child and was extremely picky with her friends as an adult
-Hoarded and was possessive over her belongings
-Extreme interest in aphex twin to the point where she was burried with recordings of him and had his music played at her funeral
-Supposed "childlike" behaviour as described by her spouse and friends

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2021, 4:10 am

Listen to this theme tune

It shows a history story.

The Illuminati when it says we built the wall.

And it says ‘Neanderthals developed tools’.

It also says debating how we’re here their catching dear, we’re catching viruses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMSYv_Z4SI8

Everyone is on the spectrum…Neanderthals. Has been breeding for 100s of thousands of years.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 7:31 am

I think the late Texas oil baron Claytie Williams could of had a touch of it.He would put his foot in his mouth all the time when he was running for governor of Texas in 1990 against Ann Richards.If he had he would have been really high functioning.Although personally i think he prolly was too much of a good old boy to be on it. He was the Texas version of Trump.I only think he could of been on the spectrum because of all the gaffes he had and being too honest in the campaign.I only think he could of been on it because people have compared him to Trump.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 8:10 am

Technic1 wrote:

It also says debating how we’re here their catching dear, we’re catching viruses.

Everyone is on the spectrum…Neanderthals. Has been breeding for 100s of thousands of years.

Is this related to the topic of this thread in some way?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 8:20 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
According to the doc who diagnosed me, he and his collegues, just accept it as fact that Bill Gates is aspie.

Actress Daryll Hannah is diagnosed. But she is the only celeb I know of who is officially diagnosed.

Many of the famous come off as possible aspies.

But its hard enough for an expert to diagnose a person face to face.

Some historic figures who many claim as aspie are doubtful (like Thomas Jefferson, and Abe Lincoln).

Some famous people, living and dead, probably are/were, aspie. But its hard to say which ones were/are actually that, and which just have some aspie like traits.

Jazz pianist and composer Thelonius Monk was probably an aspie IMHO.

Others diagnosed:
Gary Numan
David Byrne
Dan Aykroyd
Keith Moon

Are you sure?

I will hafta look up these folks. But...
Dan Aykroyd was diagnosed with Tourettes syndrome. Not with autism/aspergers Afaik.
Gary Numan is one of those people, like the Owl City guy, who declared himself to be aspie but wasnt diagnosed as I understand it.

Kieth Moon died in the late Seventies, which was a generation before 1994 when English speaking countries expanded autism into a "spectrum" that could include someone like Kieth Moon who functioned outside of an institution.

So there is no way the Who drummer couldve have been a diagnosed aspie/autie even if he actually had been on the autism spectrum. Though he might well have been diagnosed as ADD, or ADHD (given both his personality and his era that could well be true :lol: ).
============

Okay, I just now used the Web.

Dan Akroyd was indeed dxd with Tourettes when he was 12, but says that as an adult was later also diagnosed with aspergers in "the early 80's". Maybe Canada adopted aspergers as an official diagnosis earlier than the US, but that seems suspect to me.

Gary Numan took some online tests and said that it seemed to fit him. But that he wasnt officially diagnosed. Just what I thought.

Except later on Numan told the story that he "was diagnsoed with aspergers at age 14". Not only did he change his story, but his new story is an historic anachronism. Like when Trump claimed that George Washington's army seized all of the airports.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that both the UK (Gary Numan) and Canada (Akroyd's home) were in tandem with the US, and neither country had aspergers as an official thing until roughly the same time in the mid Nineties. So... since Gary Numan is close to my age, then there is no way in hell he could have been "diagnosed with aspergers" when he was 14. When I was 14 in the US I was seeing shrinks, but aspergers would not exist as a dx for another 25 years, and most shrinks in America were too stupid to even know about aspergers for another ten or more years after THAT.

Both Akroyd and Numan might well BE aspies, but I am skeptical that they were ever actually diagnosed. Especially Numan.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2021, 4:51 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Technic1 wrote:

Is this related to the topic of this thread in some way?

It is ‘evidence’ that autistics are Neanderthals and the at least 1-10 have autistic genes.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 5:20 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I've looked it up, Cyndi Lauper doesn't have Asperger's, sorry if that disappoints anyone here. I want Amy Winehouse to have Asperger's but she doesn't.

She does not know she has it. If she knew she would be quite vocal about it. That is the whole point to this thread.

Then how do you know she has it? You can't diagnose an individual you've never met just because of their mannerisms.

Read the title of the thread.

He didnt ask "which famous people do you know for a fact have publicily announced that they have been officially diagnosed with autism?".

He asked "which famous people do you suspect could be on the spectrum?".

So obviously he doesnt "know" for sure.

On the other hand- if you look at the evidence MG presented, that TV video, I dunno.

To me it does not scream "autistic". But apparently it reminds of MG of his own behavior. So thats where he is coming from.

AS agrees that she could be that.

I don't think I am allistic. Maybe I am just me! :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 2:57 pm

Stephen King

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 9:34 am

His biographer thinks Alfred Wainwright was an Aspie
BBC

Quote:
More than 65 years since his first guidebook was published, and 30 years on from his death, Alfred Wainwright remains synonymous with the Lake District. But why is the connection between the eccentric author and the awe-inspiring landscapes of the fells so enduring?

Donning his flat cap and beige coat, and with tobacco smoke rising gently from a pipe, Alfred Wainwright appeared far from your typical outdoor enthusiast.

Even his behaviour, actively avoiding fellow walkers as he roamed the fells, was at odds with the conventional conduct of hiking.

But having been raised in poverty amid the claustrophobia of Blackburn's cotton mills in the early 20th Century, the lakes and their wide-open vistas provided solace and a sense of wonder that captured his heart.

His fastidious pen-line drawings of more than 200 hills and mountains - alongside hand-written descriptions outlining the majesty of each - would stretch across seven volumes of his Pictorial Guide to the Lakeland Fells and sell more than two million copies.
Following years of weekend bus journeys from his then-home in Kendal and fuelled by fish and chips from his favourite haunts, the books were his crowning achievement among the dozens of titles he had published.

Today, in a world increasingly dominated by smartphones and social media, Wainwright's influence is still felt strongly while other writers have fallen by the wayside.

For biographer and television producer Richard Else, who persuaded the self-confessed recluse to appear on camera in several BBC series during the 1980s, his appeal lies in the scope of the project.

"It was almost a crackpot idea because what he did, in effect, was chronicle every square foot of upland Lakeland.

"People had written books, but nobody had decided to map it out foot by foot, yard by yard. It's a man with a single-minded vision. I can't imagine anyone ever trying to do anything on that scale again.

Wainwright began compiling the first volume in November 1952 with publication following three years later. Dividing the fells into seven areas, the series' final title arrived in 1966.
He combined it throughout with his day job as borough treasurer of Kendal, obsessively spending his evenings writing up notes gleaned from his Saturday and Sunday sojourns.

The very first day we went to his house to film with him, he'd actually planned it in his mind," Else recalls.
"Wainwright said 'I'll sit here, you'll put the camera there and you'll start with the smoke and my chimney and you'll bring the camera down, just like they do in the Westerns, and I'll be here and I'll speak to you'."

Often described as curmudgeonly or difficult, Wainwright himself told Desert Island Discs he was "anti-social and getting worse" with age.

When asked how he responded to walkers he saw on the fells, he replied dryly: "There are boulders you can get behind."

Very occasionally, Wainwright, in hushed Lancastrian tones, would unexpectedly talk for half an hour without interruption.

Else, as he first put forward in his 2017 book Wainwright Revealed, believes the writer may have been on the autism spectrum with undiagnosed Asperger's syndrome.
"I don't say that as a negative, but as a positive. I think without that he wouldn't have done the books. They took almost incredible tunnel vision to the exclusion of everything else.

"He also didn't cope with any sort of change easily. We used to go to the Little Chef most Fridays and he'd always have exactly the same meal.
"There was no point asking him what he wanted. It was always fish and chips, a gooseberry pancake and cup of tea. I think he had a genuine fear of things he couldn't control."

After reading the above description I agree there are good reasons for this speculation.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 10:25 am

Paris Hilton.

Just making stuff up because that's what this thread is for.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 11:55 am

I tend to think the David Byrne one is correct. At one time he was probably my favorite musician, quite a neat trick as Im a metalhead. [Current Fave is Melvins frontman King Buzzo]

Quote:
Before high school, Byrne already knew how to play the guitar, accordion, and violin. He was rejected from his middle school's choir because they claimed he was "off-key and too withdrawn". From a young age, he had a strong interest in music. His parents say that he would constantly play his phonograph from age three and he learned how to play the harmonica at age five.[6] As an older adult, he realised he likely had Asperger syndrome, stating that music was his way of communicating when he felt he could not do it face to face.[7][8] His father used his electrical engineering skills to modify a reel-to-reel tape recorder so that David could make multitrack recordings.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Byrne

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 5:52 pm

Chief keef the rapper ;)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 7:09 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
According to the doc who diagnosed me, he and his collegues, just accept it as fact that Bill Gates is aspie.

Actress Daryll Hannah is diagnosed. But she is the only celeb I know of who is officially diagnosed.

Many of the famous come off as possible aspies.

But its hard enough for an expert to diagnose a person face to face.

Some historic figures who many claim as aspie are doubtful (like Thomas Jefferson, and Abe Lincoln).

Some famous people, living and dead, probably are/were, aspie. But its hard to say which ones were/are actually that, and which just have some aspie like traits.

Jazz pianist and composer Thelonius Monk was probably an aspie IMHO.

Others diagnosed:
Gary Numan
David Byrne
Dan Aykroyd
Keith Moon

Are you sure?

I will hafta look up these folks. But...
Dan Aykroyd was diagnosed with Tourettes syndrome. Not with autism/aspergers Afaik.
Gary Numan is one of those people, like the Owl City guy, who declared himself to be aspie but wasnt diagnosed as I understand it.

Kieth Moon died in the late Seventies, which was a generation before 1994 when English speaking countries expanded autism into a "spectrum" that could include someone like Kieth Moon who functioned outside of an institution.

So there is no way the Who drummer couldve have been a diagnosed aspie/autie even if he actually had been on the autism spectrum. Though he might well have been diagnosed as ADD, or ADHD (given both his personality and his era that could well be true :lol: ).
============

Okay, I just now used the Web.

Dan Akroyd was indeed dxd with Tourettes when he was 12, but says that as an adult was later also diagnosed with aspergers in "the early 80's". Maybe Canada adopted aspergers as an official diagnosis earlier than the US, but that seems suspect to me.

Gary Numan took some online tests and said that it seemed to fit him. But that he wasnt officially diagnosed. Just what I thought.

Except later on Numan told the story that he "was diagnsoed with aspergers at age 14". Not only did he change his story, but his new story is an historic anachronism. Like when Trump claimed that George Washington's army seized all of the airports.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that both the UK (Gary Numan) and Canada (Akroyd's home) were in tandem with the US, and neither country had aspergers as an official thing until roughly the same time in the mid Nineties. So... since Gary Numan is close to my age, then there is no way in hell he could have been "diagnosed with aspergers" when he was 14. When I was 14 in the US I was seeing shrinks, but aspergers would not exist as a dx for another 25 years, and most shrinks in America were too stupid to even know about aspergers for another ten or more years after THAT.

Both Akroyd and Numan might well BE aspies, but I am skeptical that they were ever actually diagnosed. Especially Numan.

Dan Aykroyd Was NOT Officially Diagnosed - Wrong Planet 2015

Gary Numan: My family values
Quote:

[b]I was a loner as a child[b] and happiest at home, launching toy rockets and aeroplanes. When I started causing trouble in my third year at grammar school, Mum was really surprised. My parents sent me to a child psychologist, who suggested I might have Asperger's syndrome. Mum found that offensive, thinking it was a slur on her parenting, but it just wasn't understood. I was prescribed Valium, among other drugs, and the treatment fizzled out. But I was still expelled from school.

[b]I met Gemma, my wife[b], when she was 12.

[b]Gemma spotted my Asperger's[b] right away because her brother has it. I'm hopeless at small talk and have a problem making eye contact.

But this thread is not about who is diagnosed but who you think is on the spectrum.

Ackroyd is a little quirky but there is really nothing else to go on that I see.

With Numan there are more reasons to suspect. The lyrics about alien/electric friends, hiding from the world in his car, his robotic presentation.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 05 Sep 2021, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 7:25 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Paris Hilton.

Paris Hilton is what I call a neurotypical savant. She has no mental skills at all except for a hyper developed ability to socialize.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 8:08 pm

Axeman wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Paris Hilton.

Paris Hilton is what I call a neurotypical savant. She has no mental skills at all except for a hyper developed ability to socialize.

It could be all masking.