Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DjangoPuff88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Aug 2021, 12:42 am

Hello! Allow me to introduce myself.

I was diagnosed with ASD back when I was about 16-17 years old. I currently work at a Dairy Queen restaurant, but am a graduate of a university with a bachelors degree in Film and Digital Media. I wanted to reach out here to meet some fellow Aspies, and know what they're going through. I've grown curious about my own diagnosis, and hope to learn a lot about and through this community.
I like to make puppets, particularly of famous characters in media, so I'm always happy to chat about artwork or sculpting projects with fellow artists! I also enjoy reading/writing, so if anyone needs a reader for a short story, or a fanfiction, I'd be glad to offer my reading skills!
Thank you for reading.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 4:37 am

Welcome to wrong planet

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 10:47 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you find some pleasant diversions here.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 10:36 am

Hi and welcome to WP DjangoPuff :).

A family member is currently studying Film at a London Uni(is a voice actor in video games/singer/musician currently) and is heading to Boston, US next January to study there for 6 months. He is on the spectrum too and stretching his comfort zone.

You sound very creative.

Re being on the spectrum … We all aspire to be happy, to feel and to be loved, to feel confident, and to be able to live a fulfilling life. Having autism does not destroy those potentials; it only alters their course. It changes how things must be accomplished. It creates a fascinating, complex individual who stands out and is remembered, even for little things. Instead of trying to push a “normal” life upon a person with Autism, the goal should be re-evaluated. Those who are autistic will always be autistic. They will have unusual behaviors and distinctly different thought patterns. They will have their personal routines and rituals. They will always exist apart from the regular flow of life. This is a blessing and a type of freedom. Working with it, not against can be a fine line at times. Knowing when to take breaks so as to avoid burnouts is important for some more than others.

Writing is very therapeutic, as is sewing/art/music/creating models etc for many of us here. Good to have you with us.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 11:39 am

Welcome to WP and happy landings........ enjoy your stay .! :D

where ever you go ,there you are

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 2:47 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D