Page 5 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 4:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
StrayCat81 wrote:
I'm all for abolishing all stupid genders, especially man/woman ...
"Man" and "Woman" can be used to describe an adult's physical sex, their gender identity, or their gender presentation.

When I was little I wanted to grow-up to be a mail man.
I'm not even sure if I ended up a male man. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 4:27 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Is autigender basically a simpler way of answering the gender box with i have autism therefore it's complicated.

Yeah, kind of. lol

Then I'm really not sure why the concept is so triggering to some.

If it doesn't resonate/has no purpose in one's life they don't need to observe it. I don't imagine anyone would elevate that term over ones that are easier to understand just to belittle them, outside of maybe immature college students for a few months of their life.

Who is calling who immature?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:03 pm

smudge wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Is autigender basically a simpler way of answering the gender box with i have autism therefore it's complicated.

Yeah, kind of. lol

If it doesn't resonate/has no purpose in one's life they don't need to observe it. I don't imagine anyone would elevate that term over ones that are easier to understand just to belittle them, outside of maybe immature college students for a few months of their life.

Who is calling who immature?

I'm suggesting some college campus activist types might be immature. Problem?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:05 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I'm suggesting some college campus activist types might be immature. Problem?
Yes ... there are way too many immature activist types in college.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:06 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
Male/female genders are only useful for genital fetishists...

I'm a genital fetishist. 8)

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2021, 5:07 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
StrayCat81 wrote:

Moist likely, like most humans actually. Nothing wrong with that, just trying to force others into your fetish makes it, well, kinda annoying to those of us who are not into it... :3

Last edited by StrayCat81 on 10 Aug 2021, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:08 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
StrayCat81 wrote:
I'm a genital fetishist.
I am a fentanyl geneticist.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:08 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
StrayCat81 wrote:

Moist likely, like most humans actually. Nothing wrong with that, just trying to force others into your fetish makes it, well, kinda annoying to those of use who are not into it... :3

I'm greedy and selfish, so I don't mind if others don't share it. 8)

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2021, 5:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I'm greedy and selfish, so I don't mind if others don't share it. 8)

That also sadly seems to be norm with humans... :3

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:13 pm

Fine= Using a term you think fits you

Not fine= Being abusive and aggressive, because as a late middle aged man I struggle to keep up with what is an ever growing list of genders.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Yeah, kind of. lol

Exactly. I don't get the anger over it, since those people don't have to pay attention to it and will most likely rarely ever encounter anyone that uses the label. A relatively small portion of the population is autistic, an even smaller portion is autistic and nonbinary, and then within that portion most people still don't use the label. I guess there's just people that desire to control everything they disagree with, by acting as if their personal disagreement is immediate, total invalidation of the entire concept.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:21 pm

firemonkey wrote:

Not fine= Being abusive and aggressive, because as a late middle aged man I struggle to keep up with what is an ever growing list of genders.

No one's been aggressive and abusive, besides for a few of the people getting their undies in a twist over the term. If you think someone disagreeing with you is aggression then I don't get why you made the thread. lol

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:22 pm

I'm sorry I went overboard. I admit, I did it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:25 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Exactly. I don't get the anger over it, since those people don't have to pay attention to it and will most likely rarely ever encounter anyone that uses the label. A relatively small portion of the population is autistic, an even smaller portion is autistic and nonbinary, and then within that portion most people still don't use the label. I guess there's just people that desire to control everything they disagree with, by acting as if their personal disagreement is immediate, total invalidation of the entire concept.

Definitely. It seems like some people who are unfamiliar will be curious and willing to listen to what a concept means, but there's others who will immediately have a kneejerk and insist because they've never heard a term it couldn't possibly be useful.

With that in mind...

firemonkey wrote:

I'm not accusing you of doing this, just pointing it out.

Also not fine = Being abusive and aggressive towards people who identify with a term one isn't familiar with.

Treating people with respect and avoiding the kneejerk impulse to belittle someone for not understanding is important.

Being willing to admit one isn't familiar when one isn't familiar is good. Lots of people conceal vulnerability behind anger; admitting vulnerability often serves to deescalate a conflict. Resorting to anger to conceal it is toxic; for you to admit it is commendable.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
StrayCat81 wrote:
I'm a genital fetishist.
I am a fentanyl geneticist.

:lmao:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 5:35 pm

firemonkey wrote:

You asked, I told you my opinion about the term and it just looks like to me an attack on the trans community to keep their identity being invalidated if the trolls can make everyone believe trans people are full of it. Yes I have even seen them admit it too and will create fake tumblr blogs pretending to be a SJW and pretend they identify as something. This taught me to not believe everything I read online and if it sounds bad or ridiculous, it's most likely not true.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.