Opposition to the Vaccines makes me sad

Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 7:57 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
It makes me angry, disgusted, and wanting to be a complete misanthrope more than it makes me sad

I feel you on that. I really do. :|

♤ The Military

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 3:08 pm

What also makes me sad is the denial by some people that a pandemic is not happening, that the global vaccination campaigns are all part of a conspiracy to experiment on us all when that clearly is untrue. There have even opposition calling for doctors doing the vaccinating to be put on trial and comparing them to the Nazi doctors tried in Nuremberg. All of this does make my blood boil sometimes.

AspieAlex
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2021, 4:06 pm

I had a conversation with my dad recently that disappointed me somewhat. My dad works in an office with numerous other people most of whom are vaccinated against COVID-19. Except this one guy, who is anti-vax. My dad refuses to do anything confront him on it or try to persuade him otherwise (and not for fear of getting close to him and getting infected). As far as I'm concerned, it's morally cowardly not to call out that behavior, just to avoid conflict and go along to get along.

Meanwhile, not only have I confronted, but I've completely cut off contact with my alcoholic mother when I learned that she was continuing to drink and drive (and show up to work as a preschool teacher intoxicated) even as she makes no effort to get sober. I don't speak to her anymore. I can't in good conscience accept and normalize behavior that could get somebody else killed.

If I can cut my own mother out of my life for her behavior, why can't he call out a coworker he barely knows or cares about? They're both engaging in immoral, reckless, selfish behavior that could get some innocent person killed! It's wrong.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 4:19 pm

I follow sports (NFL & NBA in particular) There are some well known players who still refuse to get the vaccine. It's as if they are saying "I have the right to be contagious to others whether they're my team mates or fans"