Opposition to the Vaccines makes me sad

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 2:26 pm

I wish that everybody would just get vaccinated so that we can all move forward.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 2:38 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I wish that everybody would just get vaccinated so that we can all move forward.
What would be your backup wish?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Aug 2021, 3:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
What would be your backup wish?
:lol:
We could also all move forward even if we do not all get vaccinated. Chris provided an alternative option :arrow:
chris1989 wrote:
I seem to think that those who believe who are so anti-lockdown and anti vaccine prefer if we all carried on as normal without masks, without socially distancing and let the virus run riot globally and overwhelming the world's health services to breaking point and then the virus will fade and die away because its run out of hosts to infect.
I have a feeling that we would not move on even if we all got vaccinated. There's new flue vaccines every year & some people still catch the flue every year despite getting the vaccines. We could let everyone decide for themselves how cautious they want to be or not be. If someone wants to get vaccinated, the vaccine should be readily available to them for free without anti-vaxers berating them for choosing to get it. If somebody wants to practice social distancing & wear a mask whenever they go out, they should be allowed to do so without anti-maskers berating them for it. If somebody wants to go out for a walk & go shopping or whatever without wearing a mask, they should have the right to decide for themselves without pro-maskers berating them for it. If somebody does not want to get vaccinated, they should have the right to decide for themselves without pro-vaxers berating them for it.
Us hew-mons are too busy fighting & hating each other to really focus on finding & implementing solutions that might would actually majorly help most of us.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 12:39 pm

I seem to feel quite divided about vaccine passports, I personally don't want to live in a world which carries on forever requiring you to keep testing yourself even when you are vaccinated before you go somewhere whether its another family member's home, a party, a pub, your workplace or wherever. I completely understand its all about keeping each other safe but I mean before all of this we weren't really testing ourselves and isolating during every flu season, people still went to places without worrying about infecting their own families or other people. I just think where does it stop, I even thought at what point do they stop reporting on how many cases of the virus there are every day and keep having an article that updates every day how many cases there are. I just feels like it just fuels peoples' anxiety like my own and the testing and the apps and so on just dissuades me from going out all the time like I used to where lots of people congregate and it is frustrating and I would like to go back and congregate again and maybe go out on a date with someone again without the fear of infection which wasn't always prevalent before all this.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 1:20 pm

Let's face it, human stupidity will be the extinction of our species. :|

♤ The Military

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 1:21 pm

Let's face it, collectively we've chosen herd immunity as our solution even if we didn't ever formally get to vote on it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 1:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Let's face it, collectively we've chosen herd immunity as our solution even if we didn't ever formally get to vote on it.

I know the virus probably wont kill all of us but I fear something else will someday.

For lack of a better metaphor it's like we're behaving like a bunch of angry chimps throwing poo at each other while the jungle burns down all around us.

♤ The Military

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 1:35 pm

cbd wrote:

there are opinions that getting a virus and getting over (building anti bodies) it is better than vaccination because for some people adverse effects take place , doing damage that may be either irreversable , or needless (for example if you follow social distancing and have limited contact) .

Similar to my beef - they are quite likely weakening our natural immunity via normalizing OCD style germaphobia,

which will make the vaccines more effective than they would have been without all the lockdowns and cleanings.

This may be used as fuel for the fire against vaccine hesitant people in the near future.

afaik, the homeless populations globally are being surprisingly resilient against getting sick or dying of COVID, and the homeless where I live pick cans and cig butts, share pipes, and do not social distance.*

I havent checked the actual stats for some time, but in the early days of COVID, the resilience of homeless people to the virus was quite impressive - :ninja:

* I [usually] only pick roaches :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 1:39 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
For lack of a better metaphor it's like we're behaving like a bunch of angry chimps throwing poo at each other while the jungle burns down all around us.

Because that's all we are. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 1:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Because that's all we are. :nerdy:

Indeed. :nerdy:

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 2:26 pm

"Only a fool fights in a burning house." -- seldom-heeded Klingon proverb

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 2:31 pm

I don't mind "vaccine passports", but I don't really expect that a requirement for them would stick around forever, and I think people already have to get specific vaccines/tests to travel to certain places. I'm already vaccinated though.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 3:45 pm

cbd wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cbd wrote:
i'm adverse to vaccination ... based on the fact that it hasn't been field tested for long enough ...

[color=black

some vaccines have caused sterilisation in the past . food for thought . especially if you don't currently but are looking to have a family in the future .

really. Why not name them then rather than a "Conspiratorial" some vaccines...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Aug 2021, 12:25 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
I know the virus probably wont kill all of us but I fear something else will someday.

I'm really hoping that whatever will kill us would do so before we make earth completely uninhabitable & before we are able to move on to new planets to destroy. I've heard that the world's hew-mon population is still rising despite how many people who've died from Covid or anything else combined. If this is true, it would mean that Covid is not killing nearly as many people as some say or it means that our population is very rapidly rising & we are very much in need of more viruses or other things to reduce out overpopulation.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 9:42 pm

It makes me angry, disgusted, and wanting to be a complete misanthrope more than it makes me sad. I've been hearing all about the geniuses who have been taking deworming medicine meant for freaking livestock which they think is perfectly safe and effective. They think the covid vaccines are eeeevil and full of dangerous chemicals, but they have no problem taking medicine meant for horses and pigs and when they have side effects they think that's because it's working.

:wall: HUMAN BEINGS MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!! :wall:

Hey! Maybe I should cover myself in flea powder so I won't get fleas!! Maybe I should wash with dog shampoo so I'll have a silky coat of fur!! Maybe I should eat bird seed so I'll grow wings and be able to fly away from all this insanity!! :mrgreen:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 12:15 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I've been hearing all about the geniuses who have been taking deworming medicine meant for freaking livestock which they think is perfectly safe and effective.

I can't speak for Antiva using it as a prophylactic (India has had mixed results), but Long Haulers have been taking IVM for quite some time now, as it's the only drug that seems to do anything for their symptoms. It's perfectly safe when the proper dosage is taken.

There is a human version of the drug, but it's very difficult to get in the US.