Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,684
Location: New Jersey, USA

09 Aug 2021, 6:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
I anticipate at least one long, disjointed post on the topic of religion, and at least one post falsely accusing me of blaming covid on members of the LGBTQ+ community.[/color]

Anticpating...or pining for? Seems like you're getting a hard-on for the prospect of someone misunderstanding your post and going to town on you.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,262
Location: Stendec

09 Aug 2021, 6:59 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I anticipate at least one long, disjointed post on the topic of religion, and at least one post falsely accusing me of blaming covid on members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Anticpating...or pining for... someone misunderstanding your post and going to town on you.
Like you just did?

I am ranting against religious double-standards and selective complacency, and all you can do is criticize me for anticipating attacks like yours.

Have a nice day.



ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,684
Location: New Jersey, USA

09 Aug 2021, 7:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
Like you just did?

I am ranting against religious double-standards and selective complacency, and all you can do is criticize me for anticipating attacks like yours.

Have a nice day.[/color]

Your OP was a rant against misbeliefs of Christian fundamentalists. Every subsequent post seems like you were hoping for someone to misunderstand and go on some sort of tirade. Even your title seems more concerned with that. Sorry it hasn't happened yet.



shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 May 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,236

09 Aug 2021, 7:06 pm

the idea doesn't sound bad at first, but I have a hunch this will turn into violent persecution of LGBTQ people rather than fundamentalists getting a vaccine.
After all, why accept science and practice prevention, when you can "prevent" it by preemptively attacking a minority.... I mean, antisemitists don't wait for tuberculosis, they attack Jews before they could possibly poison any wells.

I'm here referring to the medieval myth that Jews supposedly were poisoning wells, while in reality the Ashkenazi Jewish ethnicity is partially immune to tuberculosis (and in turn more susceptible to Tay-Sachs-disease).


_________________
I can read facial expressions. I did the test.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,262
Location: Stendec

09 Aug 2021, 7:06 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Like you just did?  I am ranting against religious double-standards and selective complacency, and all you can do is criticize me for anticipating attacks like yours.  Have a nice day.
Your OP was a rant against misbeliefs of Christian fundamentalists. Every subsequent post seems like you were hoping for someone to misunderstand and go on some sort of tirade. Even your title seems more concerned with that. Sorry it hasn't happened yet.
Congratulations.  I have asked for this thread to be locked.  Have a nice day.



ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,684
Location: New Jersey, USA

09 Aug 2021, 7:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
Congratulations.  I have asked for this thread to be locked.  Have a nice day.[/color]


So, if someone had come along and misinterpreted your rant, which you said you were anticipating, would you likewise have asked for it to be locked? Nothing about your opinion seemingly bothered anyone, but all of your responses seemed like you were just waiting for it.

If your intention was to start a thread simply to ask for it to be locked, then you're welcome!



Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,235
Location: Over there

10 Aug 2021, 7:19 am

 ! Cornflake wrote:
smh

Sometimes PPR seems a hotbed of unnecessarily nasty, critical commentary aimed at bringing a member down - like parts of this thread, for example.
But you never really know what people are going through - so be kind, be generous.


Locked on OP's request.


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.