Pfizer funded study of vaccine effectiveness released

Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 8:28 am

https://techstartups.com/2021/08/03/new ... ebo-group/

Interesting stuff. Putting to one side the ability of the vaccine to reduce symptoms and hospitalisation - it doesn't appear to actually be saving anyone from death - contrary to what you might think with the current media carpet bombing campaign about people begging for vaccines on their death bed.

Between July 27, 2020 and October 29, 2020, 45,441 ≥16-year-olds were screened, and 44,165 randomized at 152 sites (US [n=130], Argentina [n=1], Brazil [n=2], South Africa [n=4], Germany [n=6], Turkey [n=9]) in the phase 2/3 portion of the study.

• Of these participants, 44,060 were vaccinated with ≥1 dose (BNT162b2, n=22,030; placebo, n=22,030), and 98% received dose 2 (Fig.1).

• During the blinded period, 51% of participants in each group had 4 to <6 months of follow-up post dose 2; 8% of BNT162b2 recipients and 6% of placebo recipients had ≥6 months follow-up post-dose 2.

• During blinded and open-label periods combined, 55% of BNT162b2 recipients had ≥6 months follow-up post-dose 2.

• Participants were 49% female, 82% White, 10% Black/African American, and 26% Hispanic/Latinx; median age was 51 years. Thirty-four percent had BMI ≥30.0 kg/m2, 21% had ≥1 underlying comorbidity, and 3% had baseline evidence of prior/current SARS-CoV-2 infection.

• Between October 15, 2020, and January 12, 2021, 2306 12-15-year-olds were screened, 2264 were randomized across 29 US sites, 2260 were vaccinated with ≥1 dose (BNT162b2, n=1131; placebo, n=1129), and 99% received dose 2.

• Of vaccinated participants, 58% had ≥2 months follow-up post-dose 2, 49% were female, 86% were White, 4.6% were Black/African American, and 12% were Hispanic/Latinx. Full demographic characteristics are reported elsewhere.

“During the blinded, controlled period, 15 BNT162b2 and 14 placebo recipients died; during the open-label period, 3 BNT162b2 and 2 original placebo recipients who received BNT162b2 after unblinding died. None of these deaths were considered related to BNT162b2 by investigators. Causes of death were balanced between BNT162b2 and placebo groups (Table S4),” the study found.

After six months of monitoring over 45,000 patients, the study found that there were 15 deaths in the vaccine group and 14 deaths in the unvaccinated placebo group.

The study not only demonstrates the lack of efficacy in the most important group but also highlights the extremely low fatality rate of Covid-19 in most of the 45,000 participants.

^ That I think is the important takeaway. Covid has an extremely low fatality rate.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 8:57 am

Consistently, over 99% of people who have died from COVID recently, at least in the US, have been unvaccinated. Usually, over 95% of the people who have been hospitalized have been unvaccinated.

The death rate in the US, even amid the Delta Variant Spike, is considerably lower than what occurred in the (mostly) pre-vaccination winter, 2021 period. About 1,500 to 2,000 a day in January; about 600 now.

Still way too many deaths-----but still much lower than previously.

Also: Hospitalizations in NY State were at about 9,000 in January. It's about 1,500 now. Way too many----but much lower than the peak.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 9:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Consistently, over 99% of people who have died from COVID recently, at least in the US, have been unvaccinated.

That's what the CDC claims. This is not being seen in data from the UK or Israel or in fact from any other source of data, including this Pfizer study. What exactly is going on with this CDC claim is not known yet, but for now I would take that statistic with a pinch of salt. The CDC don't exactly have clean hands when it comes to misrepresenting data. There are (yet) unverified rumours that that the CDC changed case/incident reporting rules again regarding vaccinated people, which is not being done in less corrupt jurisdictions.

I suppose it is also possible that the US is in possession of a "real" vaccine and everyone else has gotten a fake saline vaccine.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 9:24 am

I doubt very, very much that the Pfizer that Americans are shot with is somehow "different" than the Pfizer with which Canadians are shot.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 9:39 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I doubt very, very much that the Pfizer that Americans are shot with is somehow "different" than the Pfizer with which Canadians are shot.

I agree, which is why I think the more likely answer is that the CDC and politicians are bending the truth "for the greater good" (getting more people vaccinated) as they see it.

It's already been picked up that internal CDC documents use a figure closer to 15% of covid deaths being among the fully vaccinated in May (see slide 4 of that pdf). This is pretty good, but it's not the <1% reported and is also subject to questionable case/incident reporting rules.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 8:13 pm

COVID has low mortality — but is still five times more lethal than most “regular” flus.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 9:39 pm

Welp, my family and I all got the Pfizer shot, and none of us have any complaints.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 11:44 pm

Mikah wrote:

I agree, which is why I think the more likely answer is that the CDC and politicians are bending the truth "for the greater good" (getting more people vaccinated) as they see it.

This is a given.
Most sensible people see through this ploy.

You can't blindly believe what the establishment feeds us.
We have to use our own critical thinking skills and reject groupthink. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 11:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Welp, my family and I all got the Pfizer shot, and none of us have any complaints.

There is a side effect, however...
Increased hyperpartisanship. :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 11:52 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That I won't get sick, and/or die?
And seriously, "sensible people" see through the ploy? Covid infection has dropped dramatically in my part of the country because most people here in Washington state have been vaccinated. Those red states - where sensible people live - have seen a huge upsurge of covid, and covid related deaths, because they avoid the vaccination like the plague, because of "sensible people" there think it's all a matter of microchipping people, or altering their DNA so Christ can't ressurect them at the End of Days.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 12:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And seriously, "sensible people" see through the ploy? Covid infection has dropped dramatically in my part of the country because most people here in Washington state have been vaccinated. Those red states - where sensible people live - have seen a huge upsurge of covid, and covid related deaths, because they avoid the vaccination like the plague, because of "sensible people" there think it's all a matter of microchipping people, or altering their DNA so Christ can't ressurect them at the End of Days.

Oh, OK.
So you are saying the government never "gilds the lily" or creates falsehoods "for the greater good"?
"Interesting". 8)

Did you read the other posts?
I was referring to the established false figures presented by the department.
Would you like me to cut and paste?

Oh, OK.
Are you saying critical thinking isn't embraced by sensible people?
Dude! 8O

Total misrepresentation of what I was saying, btw.
FYI, I will be getting vaccinated ASAP.
I just have to update my will first. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 4:27 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Oh, OK.
So you are saying the government never "gilds the lily" or creates falsehoods "for the greater good"?
"Interesting". 8)

Oh, OK.
Dude! 8O

Sure the government has. But I can't see how saving the health and lives of the people by any means is a bad thing.
If anything, those so called "sensible people" have proven themselves to be cranks, grifters, and lunatics who spread the insane lies that the vaccine makes you infertile, or gives you the virus, or alters your DNA, or microchips you. I could go on and on about their lunacy. You honestly can't believe any of that, can you?
Do get the vaccination. The only reason why you'd have to update your will is if you fail to get it, then contract covid.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 6:34 am

The study reported here may or may not reflect accurately real life results. This article in in a tech start up zine and I don't have the patience to pick it apart. I don't see a tech start up reporter being a good source for a medical study.

More importantly, we now have real life results and do not have to rely on small studies.

Real life results show that the overwhelming number of hospitalizations and deaths are occurring in unvaccinated persons.

Now, you could argue that the local reports are not accurate and you don't trust CDC. But, covid hospitalizations and deaths are originally recorded and reported by county and state health departments. You could argue those data are not reliable as well, but considering the number of states and counties involved, a country wide conspiracy seems unlikely.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 7:45 am

blazingstar wrote:
You could argue those data are not reliable as well, but considering the number of states and counties involved, a country wide conspiracy seems unlikely.

Reporting/recording guidelines usually come from a central authority, wherever you are in the world. For example, in the early days of the pandemic it was pointed out that reporting guidelines from the WHO, which were followed by many government agencies were inflating the apparent effect of covid in many places - anyone dying with a positive covid test (a whole other discussion worthwhile on the validity of that) was being counted as a death from covid. Likewise any respiratory illness that could plausibly look like a covid death was also recommended to be reported as a covid death, even when no test was performed. Changes to these guidelines were often correlated with the sudden resolution of "covid emergencies" as testing and recording changed. This is the sort of thing you have to be wary of.

On its own I wouldn't put much stock in it, but in other parts of the world the vaccine is not having such amazing results and the CDC has been caught lying before - grab your pinch of salt for these claims. There are unsubstantiated rumours that vaccinated people aren't even getting covid tests half the time, so while they may die, it's not being recorded as covid or covid-related where the same death might be in other places.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 7:48 am

Consistently, according to figures compiled by individual counties, municipalities, and states in the US (separate from the CDC) at least 95% of people hospitalized have not been fully vaccinated.

The unvaccinated/vaccinated proportion of deaths is even higher.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 7:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Oh, OK.
"Interesting". 8)

Oh, OK.
Dude! 8O

Sure the government has. But I can't see how saving the health and lives of the people by any means is a bad thing.
If anything, those so called "sensible people" have proven themselves to be cranks, grifters, and lunatics who spread the insane lies that the vaccine makes you infertile, or gives you the virus, or alters your DNA, or microchips you. I could go on and on about their lunacy. You honestly can't believe any of that, can you?
Do get the vaccination. The only reason why you'd have to update your will is if you fail to get it, then contract covid.

Reason sorts out nutty ideas.
I'm a fan of critical thinking.

Did you believe everything the Trump administration told you? 8)

BTW, You are talking to a guy that is a victim of institutional gang-stalking and gaslighting, in addition to being put into hospital via a fake car accident by the government's black-ops team.
You expect me to automatically believe anything the government tells me? 8O :lmao: