Pfizer funded study of vaccine effectiveness released

Page 4 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
but because he had been vaccinated he had had no symptoms because he had been given said vaccination

That was true of most covid cases before vaccination was it not?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:34 pm

Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
but because he had been vaccinated he had had no symptoms because he had been given said vaccination

That was true of most covid cases before vaccination was it not?

Maybe, maybe not. The fact remains, it's the unvaccinated dying in droves, not the vaccinated.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:41 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Maybe, maybe not. The fact remains, it's the unvaccinated dying in droves, not the vaccinated.

Claim under dispute, not fact.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 5:52 pm

Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I just know in my state of Washington where vaccinations are common, infections and death have dropped dramatically. Not so in places like Texas, where the population has chosen to by and large embrace lunatic conspiracy theories.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I just know in my state of Washington where vaccinations are common, infections and death have dropped dramatically. Not so in places like Texas, where the population has chosen to by and large embrace lunatic conspiracy theories.

How do you know that though? Who is telling you that it is all lunatic conspiracy theories?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Welp, my family and I all got the Pfizer shot, and none of us have any complaints.

There is a side effect, however...
Increased hyperpartisanship. :mrgreen:

That I won't get sick, and/or die?
And seriously, "sensible people" see through the ploy? Covid infection has dropped dramatically in my part of the country because most people here in Washington state have been vaccinated. Those red states - where sensible people live - have seen a huge upsurge of covid, and covid related deaths, because they avoid the vaccination like the plague, because of "sensible people" there think it's all a matter of microchipping people, or altering their DNA so Christ can't ressurect them at the End of Days.

I worked out why you got confused.
I wasn't saying "don't get vaccinated".
I was making the point that governments will mislead people into acting the way they want "for the-greater/their-own good".
I am not a big fan of being treated like a baby mushroom. 8)

The same tactic was used with the global warming hyperbole.
Gore and Flannery both admitted they exaggerated to get people's arses moving.
All they did was destroy their credibility and damage their cause. 8)

Sure, government have misled plenty of people in the past. But that hardly means that's always the case. With the Covid vaccine, I'm one hundred percent certain that is not the case here.

I am non-binary <sic>
I never said all government announcements can't be trusted.
I am saying you have to think for yourself and not blindly believe what is fed to us. 8)

One can think for one self, and come to the conclusion the government is telling the truth, such as about covid vaccinations.

You seemed to have missed the post where it was revealed that the percentage figure was rigged to unethically influenced people in doing what the government wanted.
This behaviour is shameful using an integrity context, is typical of politicians, and ultimately, makes the more intelligent citizens cynical.
In essence, they treat us like baby mushrooms, and some refuse to be manipulated. 8)

Disrespect begets disrespect.
I am not sure how many times I have to make that simple point. :scratch:

Rigged or not, the fact remains: states where vaccination rates are low have the highest infection and death tolls. That alone tells me that, the findings - if rigged - didn't have to be, as real life results back it up.

So why don't they simply report the Truth? 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Welp, my family and I all got the Pfizer shot, and none of us have any complaints.

And seriously, "sensible people" see through the ploy? Covid infection has dropped dramatically in my part of the country because most people here in Washington state have been vaccinated. Those red states - where sensible people live - have seen a huge upsurge of covid, and covid related deaths, because they avoid the vaccination like the plague, because of "sensible people" there think it's all a matter of microchipping people, or altering their DNA so Christ can't ressurect them at the End of Days.

Oh, OK.
So you are saying the government never "gilds the lily" or creates falsehoods "for the greater good"?
"Interesting". 8)

Did you read the other posts?
I was referring to the established false figures presented by the department.
Would you like me to cut and paste?

Oh, OK.
Are you saying critical thinking isn't embraced by sensible people?
Dude! 8O

Total misrepresentation of what I was saying, btw.
FYI, I will be getting vaccinated ASAP.
I just have to update my will first. 8)

Sure the government has. But I can't see how saving the health and lives of the people by any means is a bad thing.
If anything, those so called "sensible people" have proven themselves to be cranks, grifters, and lunatics who spread the insane lies that the vaccine makes you infertile, or gives you the virus, or alters your DNA, or microchips you. I could go on and on about their lunacy. You honestly can't believe any of that, can you?
Do get the vaccination. The only reason why you'd have to update your will is if you fail to get it, then contract covid.

Reason sorts out nutty ideas.
I'm a fan of critical thinking.

Did you believe everything the Trump administration told you? 8)

BTW, You are talking to a guy that is a victim of institutional gang-stalking and gaslighting, in addition to being put into hospital via a fake car accident by the government's black-ops team.
You expect me to automatically believe anything the government tells me? 8O :lmao:

My distrust of Trump didn't come from the fact that he was the government, but because he's a psychopathic grifter and liar, and his political supporters are butt kissing sycophants. The Biden administration and the blue state and municipal leadership simple are none of those things. It's all a matter of using "critical thinking," and recognizing the trustworthy source.

Oh, OK, so you are saying you believe that politicians are generally trustworth.

No, just those with a good track record when it comes to integrity.

Hyperpartisanship deprives politicians of "integrity". 8)

Indeed. The Trump cult is living proof of that.

Are you being a little "hyperpartisan" here, with that statement? :mrgreen:

Your implicit assumption that the left of politics can do no wrong is simply logically indefensible, based on the facts to the contrary. <cough> Cuomo <cough>. :mrgreen:
If you disagree, please provide supporting evidence. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 6:57 pm

smudge wrote:

Pepe:
Quote:
BTW, You are talking to a guy that is a victim of institutional gang-stalking and gaslighting, in addition to being put into hospital via a fake car accident by the government's black-ops team.
You expect me to automatically believe anything the government tells me? 8O :lmao:

Were you serious?

Dead serious. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I rely on the disparity between the clinical outcomes of vaccinated and unvaccinated people who have acquired COVID-19.

How do you explain the need for governments to fudge the figures?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:01 pm

Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How do you know that though? Who is telling you that it is all lunatic conspiracy theories?

The notion that people's DNA is being altered by the vaccine to keep Jesus from resurrecting them at the End of Days, or that the Vaccine will give them covid, or that they'll be implanted with microchips, etc., is clearly lunacy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:04 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Oh, OK.
So you are saying the government never "gilds the lily" or creates falsehoods "for the greater good"?
"Interesting". 8)

Did you read the other posts?
I was referring to the established false figures presented by the department.
Would you like me to cut and paste?

Oh, OK.
Are you saying critical thinking isn't embraced by sensible people?
Dude! 8O

Total misrepresentation of what I was saying, btw.
FYI, I will be getting vaccinated ASAP.
I just have to update my will first. 8)

Sure the government has. But I can't see how saving the health and lives of the people by any means is a bad thing.
If anything, those so called "sensible people" have proven themselves to be cranks, grifters, and lunatics who spread the insane lies that the vaccine makes you infertile, or gives you the virus, or alters your DNA, or microchips you. I could go on and on about their lunacy. You honestly can't believe any of that, can you?
Do get the vaccination. The only reason why you'd have to update your will is if you fail to get it, then contract covid.

Reason sorts out nutty ideas.
I'm a fan of critical thinking.

Did you believe everything the Trump administration told you? 8)

My distrust of Trump didn't come from the fact that he was the government, but because he's a psychopathic grifter and liar, and his political supporters are butt kissing sycophants. The Biden administration and the blue state and municipal leadership simple are none of those things. It's all a matter of using "critical thinking," and recognizing the trustworthy source.

Oh, OK, so you are saying you believe that politicians are generally trustworth.

No, just those with a good track record when it comes to integrity.

Hyperpartisanship deprives politicians of "integrity". 8)

Indeed. The Trump cult is living proof of that.

Are you being a little "hyperpartisan" here, with that statement? :mrgreen:

Your implicit assumption that the left of politics can do no wrong is simply logically indefensible, based on the facts to the contrary. <cough> Cuomo <cough>. :mrgreen:
If you disagree, please provide supporting evidence. 8)

I never said the left could do no wrong. But clearly, this anti-vax insanity about the covid vaccine clearly springs from the Trump cult.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:06 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I was making the point that governments will mislead people into acting the way they want "for the-greater/their-own good".

Sure, government have misled plenty of people in the past. But that hardly means that's always the case. With the Covid vaccine, I'm one hundred percent certain that is not the case here.

I am non-binary <sic>
I am saying you have to think for yourself and not blindly believe what is fed to us. 8)

One can think for one self, and come to the conclusion the government is telling the truth, such as about covid vaccinations.

You seemed to have missed the post where it was revealed that the percentage figure was rigged to unethically influenced people in doing what the government wanted.
This behaviour is shameful using an integrity context, is typical of politicians, and ultimately, makes the more intelligent citizens cynical.
In essence, they treat us like baby mushrooms, and some refuse to be manipulated. 8)

Rigged or not, the fact remains: states where vaccination rates are low have the highest infection and death tolls. That alone tells me that, the findings - if rigged - didn't have to be, as real life results back it up.

I was being sarcastic. The findings are correct by my observations.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
SpiceWolf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well that's a lovely argument, except it's not based in reality.

Quote:
About three-fourths of people infected in a Massachusetts Covid-19 outbreak were fully vaccinated, according to new data published Friday by the CDC.

The new data, published in the U.S. agency's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-stu ... nated.html

Quote:
As of this post
In Massachusetts, 5,068,455 people or 73% of the state has received at least one dose.
Overall, 4,443,878 people or 64% of Massachusetts's population has been fully vaccinated.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/cov ... sachusetts

It's a similar story in Israel, Iceland, Gibraltar and many other high vaccine countries.

Comedian Bill Maher had contracted Covid, but because he had been vaccinated he had had no symptoms because he had been given said vaccination. I suspect your cases were like his, or had had mild symptoms.

This is a glaringly false premise.
*Many* people who haven't been vaccinated have been A-symptomatic.
Your argument is invalid. 8)

This is not a personal attack.
This is simply pointing out erroneous reasoning. 8)

Refer to this discussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=399155

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I never said the left could do no wrong. But clearly, this anti-vax insanity about the covid vaccine clearly springs from the Trump cult.

How does that explain the black and Hispanic vaccine gap? I know those groups moved a little towards Trump in 2020, but they're not exactly MAGA folks.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I am non-binary <sic>

I was being sarcastic. The findings are correct by my observations.

You consistently miss my point. 8O

My point is:
Governments/organisations do fudge the figures (exaggerate), from time to time.
(Refer to the climate warming debate.)
Hence the need for the employment of objective, independent personal critical thinking skills.

FYI, I am in favour of vaccinations, and not because a political Bureaucrat tells me something/k. 8)
But then, I am a damned smart skunk. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

This is quite ironic when you think that Trump put so much importance on "Operation Warp Speed."
Perhaps the Republicans, of which you speak, have overlooked this glaring fact? 8O