Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Maybe, maybe not. The fact remains, it's the unvaccinated dying in droves, not the vaccinated.

Claim under dispute, not fact.

I just know in my state of Washington where vaccinations are common, infections and death have dropped dramatically. Not so in places like Texas, where the population has chosen to by and large embrace lunatic conspiracy theories.

How do you know that though? Who is telling you that it is all lunatic conspiracy theories?

The notion that people's DNA is being altered by the vaccine to keep Jesus from resurrecting them at the End of Days, or that the Vaccine will give them covid, or that they'll be implanted with microchips, etc., is clearly lunacy.

Indeed.
And how many lunatics Amerians believe this? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Maybe, maybe not. The fact remains, it's the unvaccinated dying in droves, not the vaccinated.

I just know in my state of Washington where vaccinations are common, infections and death have dropped dramatically. Not so in places like Texas, where the population has chosen to by and large embrace lunatic conspiracy theories.

I have heard that the Delta strain, while being more contagious, is less deadly.
Educate me. 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 7:35 pm

The jury is still out.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I never said the left could do no wrong. But clearly, this anti-vax insanity about the covid vaccine clearly springs from the Trump cult.

This is quite ironic when you think that Trump put so much importance on "Operation Warp Speed."
Perhaps the Republicans, of which you speak, have overlooked this glaring fact? 8O

Trump had also denigrated his lead scientist on covid, Dr. Fauci, which has been parroted by his worshipers, had called the virus a Democrat hoax, pushed phony cures, etc. Being that his cult members are paying much more attention to all that than to warp speed, and he alone is responsible for this.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:26 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How do you know that though? Who is telling you that it is all lunatic conspiracy theories?

The notion that people's DNA is being altered by the vaccine to keep Jesus from resurrecting them at the End of Days, or that the Vaccine will give them covid, or that they'll be implanted with microchips, etc., is clearly lunacy.

Indeed.

More than enough to show up at town hall meetings, to broadcast over talk radio, and to generally terrify their red state representatives by refusing to withhold their vote if they aren't heeded.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:39 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I never said the left could do no wrong. But clearly, this anti-vax insanity about the covid vaccine clearly springs from the Trump cult.

How does that explain the black and Hispanic vaccine gap? I know those groups moved a little towards Trump in 2020, but they're not exactly MAGA folks.

African Americans have truly a right to be suspicious of the government when it comes to medicine - the infamous Tuskegee experiment comes to mind, as does poor enforcement of medical safety measures in black communities - in a way those white MAGAs and QAnons have nothing to compare to. That's an indefensible legacy the government has to right.
I admit I'm not so up on reasons for Latinos to reject the vaccine, save to say that Latinos are no more a monolithic group any more than whites are. So, it's safe to say, there is a trend among Latino conservatives who I suspect are just as susceptible to lunacy as are their white counterparts.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

This is quite ironic when you think that Trump put so much importance on "Operation Warp Speed."
Perhaps the Republicans, of which you speak, have overlooked this glaring fact? 8O

Trump had also denigrated his lead scientist on covid, Dr. Fauci, which has been parroted by his worshipers, had called the virus a Democrat hoax, pushed phony cures, etc. Being that his cult members are paying much more attention to all that than to warp speed, and he alone is responsible for this.

You bring up fauci in your argument?
Could you possibly be so ill-informed about how this man was culpable in funding the coronavirus research?

I'm sorry, I refuse to create a serious reply when you bring up that person. :eew:
I rarely feel this way, as you know. :wink:

Let us move on, now that I have made my position here clear. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:44 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I have heard that the Delta strain, while being more contagious, is less deadly.
Educate me. 8)

What kraftiekortie said.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Indeed.

More than enough to show up at town hall meetings, to broadcast over talk radio, and to generally terrify their red state representatives by refusing to withhold their vote if they aren't heeded.

I agree.
Amerians are an odd bunch. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:46 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Indeed.

I agree.

You can that again. :lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How does that explain the black and Hispanic vaccine gap? I know those groups moved a little towards Trump in 2020, but they're not exactly MAGA folks.

African Americans have truly a right to be suspicious of the government when it comes to medicine - the infamous Tuskegee experiment comes to mind, as does poor enforcement of medical safety measures in black communities - in a way those white MAGAs and QAnons have nothing to compare to. That's an indefensible legacy the government has to right.
I admit I'm not so up on reasons for Latinos to reject the vaccine, save to say that Latinos are no more a monolithic group any more than whites are. So, it's safe to say, there is a trend among Latino conservatives who I suspect are just as susceptible to lunacy as are their white counterparts.

And let us not forget America's unfortunate history of its eugenics/sterilisation campaign.
I blieve Hitler was inspired by this? :scratch:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:48 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Could you possibly be so ill-informed about how this man was culpable in funding the coronavirus research?

I'm sorry, I refuse to create a serious reply when you bring up that person. :eew:

The good doctor has been vilified by cranks and grifters, from Trump down. You have to consider the source for the criticisms of Fauci.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Indeed.

I agree.

You can that again. :lol:

OK...

Amerians are an odd bunch.
Saying that will never get old. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 8:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

The good doctor has been vilified by cranks and grifters, from Trump down. You have to consider the source for the criticisms of Fauci.

You have to look at how he is trying to spin his way out of accepting the definition of "Gain Of Function".
What a weasel. 8O

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 9:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

You know, I keep seeing Tuskegee being brought up when it comes to vaccine hesitancy in the black community, but I've never seen any supporting data that that's the reason, I suspect it's more prosaic than a group memory of an unethical medical study.

That being said, the US government does have a less than stellar record on these things, some of the MKULTRA stuff was pretty hair raising, with the testing of psychedelic compounds on unwitting subjects and such, so I'm actually sympathetic to the skepticism, even though I've vaxxed myself. I also don't have a partisan dog in the fight, so that turns my temperature down as well.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 9:26 pm

Off Topic
Dox47 wrote:

You know, I keep seeing Tuskegee being brought up when it comes to vaccine hesitancy in the black community, but I've never seen any supporting data that that's the reason, I suspect it's more prosaic than a group memory of an unethical medical study.

That being said, the US government does have a less than stellar record on these things, some of the MKULTRA stuff was pretty hair raising, with the testing of psychedelic compounds on unwitting subjects and such, so I'm actually sympathetic to the skepticism, even though I've vaxxed myself. I also don't have a partisan dog in the fight, so that turns my temperature down as well.

I suggest people also research "Jose Delgardo" and "psychotronics".
The atrocities of so-called civilised governments are numerous.

Meh.
Same old same old. :roll:

"Humanity".
Avoid the dirty filthy creatures wherever you can. 8)