Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 11:36 pm

Udinaas wrote:
Alterity wrote:
Total 53/90
PDA 25/50
Autism 28/40

It was a little difficult answering some. Other than my answer really being a 'sometimes" or an "I don't know" there was a number of things that i use to do/feel/etc that no longer do. So I would say no but at one time it was a yes o_O

I answered no for some things I no longer do and yes for others, depending on whether the phrasing was about what I do or what I've done. I'm not sure it mattered on the PDA but my autism score was a little higher than it could have been, although taking the exact phrasings literally seemed in the spirit of the quiz.

At least you had a method. I answered fairly haphazardly lol

So I retook it with a more solid method of answering but not much actually changed. PDA went up to 28/50, autism remained the same. I expect if I had answered all the autism questions with the thought "have you ever" in the question, that score would have been higher.

Something Profound
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2021, 3:10 am

PDA Result:
34/50
A score of 31-40 indicates likely to be PDA

Autism Result:
29/50
A score of 25-32 indicates likely to be autism

When I take these tests I tend to subtract a few points to account for error. For instance: The Autism test has a question: Do you find it easy to lie.

I find lying to be extremely easy. They did not ask whether I LIKE Lying. I despise doing so and avoid it if at all possible. What are they wanting to ask here? Are they asking if I am capable of lying, or if I like lying? The question is ambiquous.

But even if I subtract the 4 questions I feel were ambiquous off my score, I *STILL get a 25, so I am in the same category. PDA is a bit more questionable. There were more questions I found to be unclear on that test, so I could easily fall into the lower category there.

But overall, this isn't surprising. I feel this is the case with every Autism test that I have come across...some questions are unclear, so I have to accound for them. A different one has me scoring like a 34/80 (I think) which puts me in the "Best you get an assessment" category, but again if I subtract the ambiguous questions...well, I still fit in that category. I am right on that threshold line. Interesting predicament to be in.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 3:49 am

Edna3362 wrote:
Pathological demand avoidance
It's about one's... Avoidance to demand.

cool

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 5:47 am

I scored 28 out of 50 for the PDA one.

I scored 10 out of 40 for the autism one.

Harry Haller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2021, 1:48 pm

41/90
17/50
24/40
Goofy imprecise test - for reasons already noted - with unclear accuracy/application

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 3:29 pm

With tests like these I can't just answer in black and white. The options need words like "sometimes", "depends on my mood", "depends on who I'm with", "depends on the environment (at work/at home/in public/with friends and family, etc), "I did/didn't do that as a child", etc.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 5:10 pm

Joe90 wrote:
With tests like these I can't just answer in black and white. The options need words like "sometimes", "depends on my mood", "depends on who I'm with", "depends on the environment (at work/at home/in public/with friends and family, etc), "I did/didn't do that as a child", etc.

Glad I'm not the only one who can't do those reductionist, forced-response tests.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 6:40 pm

Total points: 59/90
PDA traits: 32 of 50 points
Autism traits: 27 of 40 points

Alterity wrote:
I expect if I had answered all the autism questions with the thought "have you ever" in the question, that score would have been higher.

Yes. I can remember at least one: I used to have trouble with eye contact but no longer do.