Mom Accused of starving murdering her twin autistic children

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 6:51 am

Kitsap County mom accused of murdering, possibly starving her twin children

Quote:
A Kitsap County mother is in jail and charged with two counts of second-degree murder. She’s accused of killing her own children, 18-year-old twins with autism.

The Kitsap County coroner identified the twins on Tuesday as Chelsea Hill and Connor Hill of Silverdale but said the cause of death would require a toxicology report.

The sheriff’s office stated the investigation started last Thursday after the mother and suspect, 55-year-old Sherrie Lynn Hill, checked herself into Saint Michael Medical Center, saying she was suicidal. Then she told a social worker at the hospital that her two children were dead at home.

“She made some statements to the effect that she was having some mental health issues and kind of lost track of time. She thought maybe her kids had died due to negligence on her part. In fact, she specifically thought that she had starved them or had forgotten to feed them,” said Sgt. Ken Dickinson with the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office.

Court documents indicated Sherrie Hill told investigators, “I can’t believe I let this happen.” She told investigators that the twins were “nonverbal autistic.”

According to the documents, Hill reported she had been “in a suicidal cycle.” She “claimed she lost track of days and neglected them” and “could not recall the last time she provided food or water to them.”

The Kitsap County coroner said it was difficult to tell whether the twins were emaciated — or even when they died. The cause of death will need to come from a toxicology report, which could take months before results come in.

“It’s heartbreaking,” Dickinson said. “Longtime veterans here — many of them told me that was probably one of the worst scenes they’d been involved in,” he said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman