Mr Biden possibly subject to Russian blackmail

Page 1 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 11:16 am

Quote:
Hunter Biden claimed Russians stole another one of his laptops for blackmail while he was close to overdosing in a Las Vegas hotel room, DailyMail.com can reveal.

The alleged incident would mean Hunter lost a total of three computers - the first abandoned at a Delaware computer store and the second seized by federal agents - each likely to hold sensitive information on President Joe Biden and the embarrassing pictures, videos and communications of his son.

The third laptop still appears to be missing – and was taken by Russian drug dealers after they partied with Hunter in Vegas, he told a prostitute in a conversation caught on camera.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9881213/amp/Unearthed-video-shows-naked-Hunter-Biden-claiming-Russian-drug-dealers-stole-laptop.html

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 11:44 am

"Possibly" ... and "Possibly not" ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 12:00 pm

I saw the video of Hunter talking about it online earlier. Almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2021, 12:28 pm

Someone better put Rachel Maddow on suicide watch, I think it would break her if Biden was the one compromised by the Russians the whole time.

Come to think of it, that whole pee tape thing really does sound like something Hunter might have done, and somehow the wires get crossed the story gets mixed up... Regardless, he's definitely earning his spot in the crazy presidential family hall of fame with Billy Carter and Roger Clinton.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 2:49 pm

The fact that the president's son can be seen on a video naked, smoking crack with a hooker and complaining about the Russians stealing his computer all the while the media is SILENT, tells me that the media is not to be trusted.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 3:38 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The fact that the president's son can be seen on a video naked, smoking crack with a hooker and complaining about the Russians stealing his computer all the while the media is SILENT, tells me that the media is not to be trusted.

Remember that time they suppressed the story about his other missing laptop until after the election, called it Russian disinformation, and then completely dropped and ignored it? Yeah, that was awesome.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 7:57 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Quote:
Hunter Biden claimed Russians stole another one of his laptops for blackmail while he was close to overdosing in a Las Vegas hotel room, DailyMail.com can reveal.

The alleged incident would mean Hunter lost a total of three computers - the first abandoned at a Delaware computer store and the second seized by federal agents - each likely to hold sensitive information on President Joe Biden and the embarrassing pictures, videos and communications of his son.

The third laptop still appears to be missing – and was taken by Russian drug dealers after they partied with Hunter in Vegas, he told a prostitute in a conversation caught on camera.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9881213/amp/Unearthed-video-shows-naked-Hunter-Biden-claiming-Russian-drug-dealers-stole-laptop.html

Nothing would surprise me.
I mean that literally. 8)

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 8:00 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Someone better put Rachel Maddow on suicide watch, I think it would break her if Biden was the one compromised by the Russians the whole time.

Come to think of it, that whole pee tape thing really does sound like something Hunter might have done, and somehow the wires get crossed the story gets mixed up... Regardless, he's definitely earning his spot in the crazy presidential family hall of fame with Billy Carter and Roger Clinton.

I'm pretty sure the goal is to compromise Biden by compromising the son, not actually compromising the president directly. With that, they've already succeeded.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 8:02 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

You mean the media can't be Trusted to be non-hyperpartisan/objective? :scratch:

Is this really surprising?
After all, the job of journalism, these days, is not to report the honest Truth.
It is to create solid gold spin and lie through omission. 8)

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 8:03 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

It tells me that Hunter Biden isn't a public official in any way, shape or form and, thus, isn't supposed to be fair game to the media. Beyond making an amusing side show for the president's political opponents, the son is irrelevant to the public interest and should be treated as such.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 8:05 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Remember that time they suppressed the story about his other missing laptop until after the election, called it Russian disinformation, and then completely dropped and ignored it? Yeah, that was awesome.

Didn't facebook censor anyone's post bring this to people's attention, before the election?
And people say vote rigging/influencing isn't a thing. :lmao:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 8:11 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
It tells me that Hunter Biden isn't a public official in any way, shape or form and, thus, isn't supposed to be fair game to the media. Beyond making an amusing side show for the president's political opponents, the son is irrelevant to the public interest and should be treated as such.

If Hunter were a teen-aged juvenile delinquent, I would agree with you, but he's a 50 something man with a long history of trading on his father's political career in a way that creates a strong appearance of corruption, if not actual corruption, which would require an investigation to determine. If Don Jr had been on the board of a gas company doing business in countries where Donald Sr had influence and an email leaked describing "10% for the big guy", do you not think that would be fair game to dig into? Or if Ivanka had been selling terrible "modern art" to anonymous buyers for big money but pinky swearing it wouldn't lead to any political favors, that would be off limits to look at?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 9:41 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

If Hunter were a teen-aged juvenile delinquent, I would agree with you, but he's a 50 something man with a long history of trading on his father's political career in a way that creates a strong appearance of corruption, if not actual corruption, which would require an investigation to determine. If Don Jr had been on the board of a gas company doing business in countries where Donald Sr had influence and an email leaked describing "10% for the big guy", do you not think that would be fair game to dig into? Or if Ivanka had been selling terrible "modern art" to anonymous buyers for big money but pinky swearing it wouldn't lead to any political favors, that would be off limits to look at?

I draw a distinct line between family members who make themselves public figures, and those who don’t. I realize that most people don’t seem to, but I don’t think it’s fair to have your life ripped apart because of a relative’s choices. Hunter, with his drug history and personal tragedies, is particularly vulnerable, which is exactly why the propaganda machine goes after him. They don’t care about what he’s done in the past, but what he will do in response to the accusations. destabilizing the son will require the father to shift more focus to him. President Biden has chosen family over politics before. Every rumor we spread is doing the Russian’s work for them.

Ivanka was part of Trump’s administration so she’s full on fair game. She made that choice.

Don Jr wasn’t in his father’s administration but did put himself all over the airwaves as an official surrogate and potential successor to his father in politics. I’m less sure how my standards would apply to him, but I also don’t see him as vulnerable to the kind of attack Hunter is. Again, I don’t think it is about anything anyone actually did, but about what can be gained from the cloud of suspicion.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 12:32 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
I draw a distinct line between family members who make themselves public figures, and those who don’t. I realize that most people don’t seem to, but I don’t think it’s fair to have your life ripped apart because of a relative’s choices. Hunter, with his drug history and personal tragedies, is particularly vulnerable, which is exactly why the propaganda machine goes after him. They don’t care about what he’s done in the past, but what he will do in response to the accusations. destabilizing the son will require the father to shift more focus to him. President Biden has chosen family over politics before.

I have to ask; are you familiar with the full extent of Hunter Biden's extracurricular activities? I don't care about the drugs and the hookers and banging his brother's widow, that's just him living his best life, I'm talking about things like taking millions of dollars just to sit on the boards of companies that he has no expertise in, accepting gifts from various foreign nationals just for "being a good guy", and otherwise trading on the one asset he has, being the son of a powerful US politician. Does none of that raise any ethical red flags at all for you, when it sure looks like the son of the president is trading access for money?

Again, this isn't someone quietly struggling with addiction that is being thrust into the spotlight against their will, this is someone who has aggressively pimped his family connection, he even has a book out detailing his shenanigans, Beautiful Things.

DW_a_mom wrote:
Every rumor we spread is doing the Russian’s work for them.

We're supposed to ignore potential presidential grift and corruption because it might make Putin smile? Has any of the dirt on Hunter so far turned out to be disinformation, despite the warnings of the intelligence establishment in 2020? I don't think any of the Bidens ever actually made a hard denial, just a bunch of bluster.

DW_a_mom wrote:
Ivanka was part of Trump’s administration so she’s full on fair game. She made that choice.

Hunter didn't have to take the job with Burisma or accept the gifts or write a book, I say that's all putting himself in the public eye.

DW_a_mom wrote:
Don Jr wasn’t in his father’s administration but did put himself all over the airwaves as an official surrogate and potential successor to his father in politics. I’m less sure how my standards would apply to him, but I also don’t see him as vulnerable to the kind of attack Hunter is. Again, I don’t think it is about anything anyone actually did, but about what can be gained from the cloud of suspicion.

How are we supposed to know if there's actually anything there if no one will look into it? Democrats sure seemed to think it was important during the Trump years to find out if the president had been compromised by a foreign power, and what's sauce for the goose...

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 2:11 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
I draw a distinct line between family members who make themselves public figures, and those who don’t. I realize that most people don’t seem to, but I don’t think it’s fair to have your life ripped apart because of a relative’s choices. Hunter, with his drug history and personal tragedies, is particularly vulnerable, which is exactly why the propaganda machine goes after him. They don’t care about what he’s done in the past, but what he will do in response to the accusations. destabilizing the son will require the father to shift more focus to him. President Biden has chosen family over politics before.

I have to ask; are you familiar with the full extent of Hunter Biden's extracurricular activities? I don't care about the drugs and the hookers and banging his brother's widow, that's just him living his best life, I'm talking about things like taking millions of dollars just to sit on the boards of companies that he has no expertise in, accepting gifts from various foreign nationals just for "being a good guy", and otherwise trading on the one asset he has, being the son of a powerful US politician. Does none of that raise any ethical red flags at all for you, when it sure looks like the son of the president is trading access for money?

Again, this isn't someone quietly struggling with addiction that is being thrust into the spotlight against their will, this is someone who has aggressively pimped his family connection, he even has a book out detailing his shenanigans, Beautiful Things.

DW_a_mom wrote:
Every rumor we spread is doing the Russian’s work for them.

We're supposed to ignore potential presidential grift and corruption because it might make Putin smile? Has any of the dirt on Hunter so far turned out to be disinformation, despite the warnings of the intelligence establishment in 2020? I don't think any of the Bidens ever actually made a hard denial, just a bunch of bluster.

DW_a_mom wrote:

Hunter didn't have to take the job with Burisma or accept the gifts or write a book, I say that's all putting himself in the public eye.

DW_a_mom wrote:

How are we supposed to know if there's actually anything there if no one will look into it? Democrats sure seemed to think it was important during the Trump years to find out if the president had been compromised by a foreign power, and what's sauce for the goose...

Every time I’ve gone down the hole on Hunter Biden I’ve found a lot of untruth. I have also found that he has made a lot of minimally earned money off the name, but I’m not convinced he has sought to; it tends to mostly remind me how slimy that whole strata of our society is, how convinced they are of their own merit when it’s really just rich or connected people rubbing the backs of other rich or connected people.

I don’t think Hunter saw himself as putting himself into the public eye simply by acting in the same ways his peers do. People seem to be unaware that that stuff is what life in those circles looks like. And the people in those circles don’t know it isn’t normal.

Overall, though, I got tired of the smoke being so much bigger than the fire. The smoke was always the point. Once I realized that, I stopped paying attention. If there is any real fire, our justice system can put it out. Hunter isn’t immune from prosecution or investigation; we don’t need any special procedures or commissions to go after him. IF any of the smoke was real. Which is another reason being a private citizen is very different than being the holder of a powerful office.

If someone in power is compromised, we need to know because (a) it puts our national security at risk and (b) it may not be possible for more traditional justice systems to reach them. Remember that Trump flaunted his claims he was above the law because of his office, and he was quick to retaliate against anyone who tried to make him accountable. I want to know what the people in power are doing, and what their paid advisors are doing. Granted, the people in power are put at risk by family members who are more easily compromised, but there are procedures in government to reduce those risks, and Joe Biden has been in government long enough to know them. One of the problems with Trump was that he constantly flaunted everything put in place to protect leaders from ethical risks. Trump had a circle that was shown to have been compromised. Who knows what he, himself, was up to given that he was never really investigated; he pretty masterfully cut all that off at the knees. I’m much more interested in what is hiding in Trump’s closet than in Hunter’s. He’s a much bigger fish.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 2:27 am

DW_a_mom wrote:

Every time I’ve gone down the hole on Hunter Biden I’ve found a lot of untruth. I have also found that he has made a lot of minimally earned money off the name, but I’m not convinced he has sought to; it tends to mostly remind me how slimy that whole strata of our society is, how convinced they are of their own merit when it’s really just rich or connected people rubbing the backs of other rich or connected people.

Overall, though, I got tired of the smoke being so much bigger than the fire. The smoke was always the point.

Doesn't a $500,000 price tag on a painting suggest the existence of a significant fire?