First mass shooting in the UK for over a decade.

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 11:40 am

A 22 year old man apparently armed with a pump action shotgun (yes, they're actually legal in the UK) has killed 5 people.

Apparently it was another "incel" revenge attack.

The previous mass shooting was Derrick Bird who went on a rampage through the English countryside in 2010 again mainly with a shotgun. Again I think the had small penis syndrome.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9890817/Mother-fat-ugly-virgin-Plymouth-gunman-22-tried-mental-health-support.html

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 11:53 am

{image removed on request}
Photo of Jake Davison, from his Facebook account

Quote:
Suspected U.K. mass shooter said he was an American, Trump-Supporting Virgin.  Jake Davison raged on Facebook and YouTube for years before carrying out the worst shooting in Britain for over a decade.

Before the shooting, Davison expressed his admiration for Donald Trump on Facebook and posted multiple self-pitying YouTube videos in which he identified himself as part of the incel community.  On his Facebook page, Davison claimed to be from Arizona, but his distinctive accent is typical of people from the south-west of England.

In one post from 2018, Davison shared a Trump quote and, when his friends ridiculed him in the comments, the suspect hit back: "You may not agree with his political views (I do) but he is different from the scum like Hillary or the people running our country like the neo-con sellout that is [then-British Prime Minister] Theresa May."

Elsewhere in the comments, Davison wrote about conspiracy theories that sound similar to those pushed by QAnon believers.  He wrote: "Scepticism of government is key and everyone should be ready and prepared for anything bad that could happen.  I am aware much of the government is deeply flawed there are many paedophiles and even reported devil worshipers people that sell us out to foreign countries."

Davison’s Facebook likes suggest he was obsessed with conservative U.S.  politics.  He followed the pages of Trump, all of his children, and several Trump businesses, as well as pages for the NRA, Fox News, Breitbart, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, and one called "Ted Nugent for President".  In one comment, he said it was his dream to move to the States.

In disturbing YouTube videos posted just weeks before the shooting, Davison appears to be deeply unhappy about his life.  Under the username "Professor Waffle", he refers to people like him as "blackpillers", incels who believe unattractive men will never be romantically successful regardless of how much effort they put into how they look.  In one comment under his video, he wrote that he’d been "consuming the blackpill overdose".

In one video, he grabs his belly fat and bemoans his lack of motivation to get fit, complains about women being "simple-minded", and justifies sexual assault by saying women ignore "average men and below average".

Source:  This Daily Beast Article 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Cornflake on 13 Aug 2021, 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.: Image removed on request

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 12:00 pm

Fnord wrote:

Quote:
Suspected U.K. mass shooter said he was an American, Trump-Supporting Virgin.  Jake Davison raged on Facebook and YouTube for years before carrying out the worst shooting in Britain for over a decade.

Before the shooting, Davison expressed his admiration for Donald Trump on Facebook and posted multiple self-pitying YouTube videos in which he identified himself as part of the incel community.  On his Facebook page, Davison claimed to be from Arizona, but his distinctive accent is typical of people from the south-west of England.

In one post from 2018, Davison shared a Trump quote and, when his friends ridiculed him in the comments, the suspect hit back: "You may not agree with his political views (I do) but he is different from the scum like Hillary or the people running our country like the neo-con sellout that is [then-British Prime Minister] Theresa May."

Elsewhere in the comments, Davison wrote about conspiracy theories that sound similar to those pushed by QAnon believers.  He wrote: "Scepticism of government is key and everyone should be ready and prepared for anything bad that could happen.  I am aware much of the government is deeply flawed there are many paedophiles and even reported devil worshipers people that sell us out to foreign countries."

Davison’s Facebook likes suggest he was obsessed with conservative U.S.  politics.  He followed the pages of Trump, all of his children, and several Trump businesses, as well as pages for the NRA, Fox News, Breitbart, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, and one called "Ted Nugent for President".  In one comment, he said it was his dream to move to the States.

In disturbing YouTube videos posted just weeks before the shooting, Davison appears to be deeply unhappy about his life.  Under the username "Professor Waffle", he refers to people like him as "blackpillers", incels who believe unattractive men will never be romantically successful regardless of how much effort they put into how they look.  In one comment under his video, he wrote that he’d been "consuming the blackpill overdose".

In one video, he grabs his belly fat and bemoans his lack of motivation to get fit, complains about women being "simple-minded", and justifies sexual assault by saying women ignore "average men and below average".

I don't know much about pulling the ladies, but even I know looking like a smack, crack and meth head simultaneously doesn't help much in the pulling department.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 12:26 pm

Rest in peace to sweet baby Sophie, and all the other victims of this psychopath.

I'd rather see their photos that his.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 12:28 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Rest in peace to sweet baby Sophie, and all the other victims of this psychopath.

As soon as I find them, I will post them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 12:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

As soon as I find them, I will post them.

Literally this minute pictures are being released of the victims. The three year old was killed with her father in the street.

I never understood what the objective of shooting rampages supposed to achieve in the eyes of the shooters. As a direct consequence of the shooting, the shooter is now known around the world as a fat, ugly virgin child killer.

What a way to be remembered huh?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9891695/Girl-3-father-43-shot-Plymouth-incel-murdered-mum-51-hated.html

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 12:49 pm

Nades wrote:
[...] I never understood what the objective of shooting rampages supposed to achieve in the eyes of the shooters. As a direct consequence of the shooting, the shooter is now known around the world as a fat, ugly virgin child killer. [...]
In a 2004 study, a psychiatrist named Paul E. Mullen conducted in-depth interviews with five Australian mass shooters who had killed more than 50 people among them. He found several overlapping characteristics:

• All described feeling that the world was persecuting them.
• They were rigid in their thinking, socially isolated, and obsessive.
• They tended to be bullied as children and fascinated with guns.
• All also exhibited signs of general depression, but not diagnosable clinical depression.

People talk about how "we" have to figure out what drives these guys so "we" can stop the next one; but one motivation every scientific study has found in common with them is their desire for infamy.  In Mullen's 2004 Australia study, for example, mass killers spoke chillingly of their desire for a manner of death that would bring them fame coupled with the aura of power and evil.

The specifics may vary from case to case; but the broad strokes always boil down to two elements:

• The blaming of others for their own suffering or for the suffering of someone they cared about.
• Their quest for immortality.

Sadly, only in retrospect do these signs become obvious.  Why only now, and not years ago?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 2:15 pm

If these men are so desperate for sex, why not go to a bothel? My uncle used to go to them a lot for sex when he couldn't get a relationship. But eventually it literally killed him because he got a disease and died from it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 2:29 pm

Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Quote:

I don't know much about pulling the ladies, but even I know looking like a smack, crack and meth head simultaneously doesn't help much in the pulling department.

If he'd just taken a shower ran a brush through that hair and beard and put on a clean shirt that would have helped 100%, of course not with his murderous attitude but in the looks department at least.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 2:30 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Yeah, true...those people deserve to be remembered.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 2:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
[...] I never understood what the objective of shooting rampages supposed to achieve in the eyes of the shooters. As a direct consequence of the shooting, the shooter is now known around the world as a fat, ugly virgin child killer. [...]
In a 2004 study, a psychiatrist named Paul E. Mullen conducted in-depth interviews with five Australian mass shooters who had killed more than 50 people among them. He found several overlapping characteristics:

• All described feeling that the world was persecuting them.
• They were rigid in their thinking, socially isolated, and obsessive.
• They tended to be bullied as children and fascinated with guns.
• All also exhibited signs of general depression, but not diagnosable clinical depression.

People talk about how "we" have to figure out what drives these guys so "we" can stop the next one; but one motivation every scientific study has found in common with them is their desire for infamy.  In Mullen's 2004 Australia study, for example, mass killers spoke chillingly of their desire for a manner of death that would bring them fame coupled with the aura of power and evil.

The specifics may vary from case to case; but the broad strokes always boil down to two elements:

• The blaming of others for their own suffering or for the suffering of someone they cared about.
• Their quest for immortality.

Sadly, only in retrospect do these signs become obvious.  Why only now, and not years ago?

Sadly a lot of people have the same traits as mass shooters but the vast majority never act out. Preempting many mass shooters is borderline impossible as they melt in with the 99% of harmless people just like them.

One thing we can all do is publicly berate them after the fact.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 3:07 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Quote:

If he'd just taken a shower ran a brush through that hair and beard and put on a clean shirt that would have helped 100%, of course not with his murderous attitude but in the looks department at least.

Yeah nice clothes and a good tidy up defiantly helps but like you said, it doesn't mitigate against being an utter fruitcake.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 3:28 pm

League_Girl wrote:
If these men are so desperate for sex, why not go to a bothel? My uncle used to go to them a lot for sex when he couldn't get a relationship. But eventually it literally killed him because he got a disease and died from it.

It's an obvious temporary solution but even that option might be a struggle if he had severe anxiety problems. Meeting a complete stranger, in an unfamiliar place to bone them within minutes will no doubt start getting someone with severe social anxiety hyperventilating at the mere thought.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 3:33 pm

Nades wrote:
One thing we can all do is publicly berate them after the fact.

Actually, that's the worst thing you can do, fame is a major driver of these incidents, and the less said about the shooter the better, as that's part of what creates the social contagion. This is something done by someone who feels powerless and impotent, that the world is passing them by and no one will ever even notice them, and by committing these terrible crimes, they're forcing the world to see them and pay attention to them, even if it's just to ascertain why they did it, or to talk about what a terrible person they were, what's important is that we're talking about them.

It's no coincidence that the mass murder of random strangers is largely a crime of the media age, in previous times it would never even occur to people that a mass casualty attack of some sort was one way to force the world to notice them, even back when weapons and explosives were far less controlled than they are now.

Forget this guy's name, forget his face, don't care about his reasons, and throw him down the memory hole as quickly as possible, that's the way to treat this type of crime and criminal.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 3:35 pm

/\This.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 3:35 pm

↑↑ As if anyone outside the 50 or so people who access this website on a daily basis constitute "The World".