Vocaloid from an autistic point of view

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

nettaclaymation16
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Aug 2021, 12:13 pm

Well, Vocaloid has been my special interest since I was 11 years old. And for a lot of that time it was my ONLY interest too, the only media I would consume was related to vocaloid, I knew everything about the technicalities of the software to details about every character. And now that I'm older I feel as though me being fixated on Vocaloid and the Vocaloid community wasn't an accident. I feel as though Vocaloid is very easy to fixate on. There is practically infinite Vocaloid content to seek out since anyone can use the software (there is an estimate of 500 000 original Vocaloid songs online) plus Vocaloid can be used as a tool to express yourself through a fictional character. So, I'm wondering if there are any other autistic people with Vocaloid/vocal synth related special interests on here too?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 12:37 pm

I used to like Vocaloid a lot when I was 10-11 and I still look at stuff about it from time to time. I never learned much about the software, but I do find vocal synthesizers super interesting.