Do people use the 'Nuremberg blame' when it comes Trump?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 3:05 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Trump was universally admired until he won the 2016 primary.

No, before that he was the arrogant pretend billionaire from The Apprentice/that carnival barker who's always on Howard Stern.

Years ago Hillary actually said that she wished people like Donald Trump would run for president.
The Trump Derangement Syndrome is a product of the media

Hillary Clinton is a moron who's widely disliked, I'm not sure her opinion that Trump should run for president should be mistaken for believing Trump was universally admired. It's just that contempt for him wasn't politically motivated yet, but neither was affection/admiration.

Despite his claims to the contrary he was never yugely popular.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 3:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

No, before that he was the arrogant pretend billionaire from The Apprentice/that carnival barker who's always on Howard Stern.

Years ago Hillary actually said that she wished people like Donald Trump would run for president.

Hillary Clinton is a moron who's widely disliked, I'm not sure her opinion that Trump should run for president should be mistaken for believing Trump was universally admired. It's just that contempt for him wasn't politically motivated yet, but neither was affection/admiration.

The DNC had a plan they dubbed, "The Pied Piper Strategy" during the 2016 campaign. There were three candidates they intentionally elevated in the media. They were Trump, Ted Cruz...and the third one escapes my mind at the moment. They wanted the worst of the GOP to win the nomination, knowing full well that Hillary had a likability issue.

It's very likely that Hillary's statement figures into that.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 6:52 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

The DNC had a plan they dubbed, "The Pied Piper Strategy" during the 2016 campaign. There were three candidates they intentionally elevated in the media. They were Trump, Ted Cruz...and the third one escapes my mind at the moment. They wanted the worst of the GOP to win the nomination, knowing full well that Hillary had a likability issue.

It's very likely that Hillary's statement figures into that.

The DNC (and GOP) still don't understand why Trump got elected and why they weren't able to destroy him.
It wasn't Hillary being unlikable and it wasn't the Russians. The 2016 primary was my big wake up call to how our system really works and what happens when things go awry for the establishment. We don't have a democracy or a republic we have an oligarchy. No one who isn't in the club is to have any political power. When the people did the unthinkable and elected an outsider things got ugly real fast. I think thats why they've gone full blown authoritarian now

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 1:06 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
I'm not familiar with metaphysics but wishing things were true won't make them true. The media/government complex will tell you any sorts of stuff to make the government puppets look good.

So you've never seen Trump's Twitter account.

All of these things you're in denial over were on full display. It wasn't something that the "media" was telling people to "make the government puppets look good", it was Donald Trump boasting about himself 24/7.

I personally viewed his account, read his posts, watched his videos, read the comments, read what his supporters (and bots) were saying.

I didn't see out-of-context snippets of him on CNN or any other news network. It was all straight from the horse's mouth.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 3:25 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The 2016 primary was my big wake up call to how our system really works and what happens when things go awry for the establishment. We don't have a democracy or a republic we have an oligarchy.

Yeah sure. So the 75 million good republican voters said to themsleves "lets make things worse".

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 4:10 am

The_Walrus wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

To say swing voters and those who don't vote along party lines are irrelevant shows a fundamental misunderstanding of American presidential election process.

Correct. Good job nobody has said that.

I mentioned no presidential candidate wins on their base alone. Swing and non-committal voters are essential in tipping the scales in favor of one or the other. Someone responded to that by saying:

Quote:
The number of “swing voters” is not particularly high, and political undecided people tend to just not vote at all.

This seemingly implies they're irrelevant in determining the victor. Quite the opposite. Quite ignorant. And they're not "politically undecided." They may lack loyalty to a party, but they've made a decision whom they're going to vote for in a given election, regardless of the candidates' parties.

SabbraCadabra wrote:
But the number is always shifting: as soon as someone turns 18, a new voter is born, and when someone dies, they (usually) stop voting.

Again, irrelevant. Perhaps, one day, if one party loses a chunk of its loyal voters to old age, and the other party gets a bunch of new voters turning 18, and everyone always votes ONE way, then, yes, America will have a one party system. Or a new party will form.

As is, in presidential elections, it is indeed swing voters that are essential to turning the tide. Even if one party stays home, and the other comes out with fervor, party base loyalty alone can't elect a president.

There are people who switch parties based on how they feel about the candidate. Doesn't mean they all stay home. Doesn't mean they're undecided or inactive. They're active in voting, just not in voting for a party, rather a person.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 1:36 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Again, irrelevant. Perhaps, one day, if one party loses a chunk of its loyal voters to old age, and the other party gets a bunch of new voters turning 18, and everyone always votes ONE way, then, yes, America will have a one party system. Or a new party will form.

I don't have the exact numbers on hand, but I've read that young voters are much more likely to vote, and much more likely to vote Democratic.

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2021, 2:45 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
You are being manipulated by the media.
Trump was universally admired until he won the 2016 primary. He ceased to be the "Joke Candidate" and the media began to create a monstrous caricature of him for the Democrats to hate.

"Manipulated by the media"?
Trump was openly racist and sexist, he encourages hatred and violence, he refuses to disassociate with white supremacy groups (and even egged them on), he habitually lies (usually about things that are easily disproven), he openly rigged the election, he refused to do anything to stop the pandemic, he encouraged people to spread the virus, he openly refuses to concede, he openly incited 1/6, he refused to do anything to stop it or to send in the National Guard (until Twitter threatened to ban him, at least).

There is no "media manipulation", these are all things that Trump, himself, personally posted on his public Twitter account for the entire world to see.

And these are all reasons that people love him.

You don't have to be a Democrat to consider these things to be negative personality traits.

I’m no great fan of Donald Trump, but I’m glad he helped to demonstrate to so many people what a fraud US “democracy” really is. It amazes me though to see so many other people still suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome, when the fact is the way his administration governed was practically business as usual, and an abandonment of the populist positions he’d been elected on. Can anyone actually explain how their lives were made worse as a result of Trump’s years in office?

Let’s face it, Trump wasn’t attacked by the media because of his brash personality (the media hardly had a problem with him before he ran for President) …

… nor for his occasionally unsophisticated use of twitter (anyway, most of his tweets were him just lamely barking “law and order” or claiming that he was “monitoring the situation”)

… nor for his past behaviour with women

…. nor for being a “tool of the Russians” (a load of nonsense that some people apparently still cannot let go).

He was attacked for being a political outsider who ran an election campaign on a populist platform, and won. After all, political insiders and invade-the-world-invite-the-world globalists are the only sorts of people who should be allowed to truly succeed in US politics

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 9:27 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:
He was attacked for being a political outsider who ran an election campaign on a populist platform, and won. After all, political insiders and invade-the-world-invite-the-world globalists are the only sorts of people who should be allowed to truly succeed in US politics

Nope. He was attacked because he was getting all his political strategies from a far-right wing individual by the name of Steve Bannon. Everything he said (that was excused by his supporters) was coming directly from Bannon's mouth.

What he did so is illustrate that at least 75 million Americans are still stuck in the 1960s when it comes to social development. These are the reasons why so many people took to the streets to protest back in 2016 and 2020.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 12:27 am

slam_thunderhide wrote:
Can anyone actually explain how their lives were made worse as a result of Trump’s years in office?

I can, but I don't feel like it. I'm just sick (literally) and tired of it all.

But there are over 600,000 other Americans who could explain it, if they were still here...

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 1:28 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
I'm not familiar with metaphysics but wishing things were true won't make them true. The media/government complex will tell you any sorts of stuff to make the government puppets look good.

So you've never seen Trump's Twitter account.

All of these things you're in denial over were on full display. It wasn't something that the "media" was telling people to "make the government puppets look good", it was Donald Trump boasting about himself 24/7.

I personally viewed his account, read his posts, watched his videos, read the comments, read what his supporters (and bots) were saying.

I didn't see out-of-context snippets of him on CNN or any other news network. It was all straight from the horse's mouth.

Yes I read his Tweets.
You haven't changed my mind. The media waged an all-out Jihad on Trump from the day he won the RNC Primary. Everything was distorted and spun to make him look monstrous.
For example the Capt. Khan incident was a complete fabrication. Read the transcript. Trump never insulted Capt Khan or his family yet the media ran with it. Fake News.
This was all because Trump was not one of those who are allowed access to power.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 1:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
The 2016 primary was my big wake up call to how our system really works and what happens when things go awry for the establishment. We don't have a democracy or a republic we have an oligarchy.

Yeah sure. So the 75 million good republican voters said to themsleves "lets make things worse".

81 million "Democrats" said "Lets destroy all the good stuff Trump has done and screw up the country!"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 2:15 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

81 million "Democrats" said "Lets destroy all the good stuff Trump has done and screw up the country!"

What good stuff?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 2:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

What good stuff?

Do they have a microscope able to see that small?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 1:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

What good stuff?

Do they have a microscope able to see that small?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 1:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

What good stuff?

Don and Jerry's coronavirus response plan, for one: