Autism Center burglarized, vandalized - apparent hate crime

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 9:05 am

Swastikas, racial slurs painted along the walls of Atlanta autism center

Quote:
The Emory Autism Center has become the target of several crimes, including burglary and vandalism, including graffiti of racial slurs and swastikas.

An Emory police report mentions burglary, a vandalized building, swastikas and racial slurs written in the hallways and office space, vandalized vending machines, a shattered glass door and a large rock several feet away.

The area where racial slurs were reportedly written along the walls are near the workspace occupied by two African-American women and a swastika was in a hallway near a Jewish man’s office.

Former DeKalb District Attorney Robert James says this crime could fall under the jurisdiction of Georgia’s new hate crime statute.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 8:39 am

Former part-time employee arrested in racist, antisemitic graffiti incident at Emory Autism Center

Quote:
Emory announced the arrest of a former part-time employee over racist and antisemitic graffiti at the Emory Autism Center.

The original incident occurred in August. On Wednesday the school said the former part-time employee was arrested on a charge of burglary in the second degree.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2021, 11:42 am

Jim Hoft, Published September 26, 2021 at 6:57pm wrote:
Roy Lee Gordon, Jr.

A black Emory University employee was arrested last week for vandalizing the Emory Autism Center with racial and anti-Semitic slurs.

The local media reported on the alleged hate crime at the time.

But it was just another hate hoax.

Suspected vandal Roy Lee Gordon Jr., an-ex Emory University employee and black man, has been arrested for allegedly spraying racist graffiti at his workplace.
In what appears to be another incident in a string of hate hoaxes in the past several months, the former part-time Emory staff member is accused of vandalizing the university’s Autism Center with racist and antisemitic graffiti in early August.

According to the Daily Wire, racial slurs were written near the workspace occupied by two African-American women. There was also a swastika painted near the office of a Jewish individual. In addition, a glass door had been ruined and nearby vending machines were damaged.

Source