Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 6:31 pm

Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
There are some women. No kids, though.

Assuming what brictoria said might be true it could be an explanation. However there is no proof there was a mass evacuation of women and kids to the extent that all appears to be left are adult men.

Indeed when they cross the English channel on boats its mostly men so it just seems like continuity of tradition in that sense.

They know what they say about pictures speaking a thousand words. What that picture tells me is that those on board are callous beyond human comprehension because all evidence so far points towards women and children being left behind.

I have explained this in a couple of post, if you care to read them. 8)

Because they might be executed? It seems pretty mutual between the sexes that execution is very liberal in a Sharia law state.

I think you're giving to much sympathy to the men, it takes true scum to hog that much space on a plane knowing full well that kids and women will be left to fend for themselves. No need to walk in anyone's shoes to realise that's the lowest of the low.

Also let's not tie ourselves into knots over a few women and kids appearing on this plane picture (and I mean just a few). All the pictures from the airport clearly show a grossly disproportionate number of men.

-The people that are being sorted out by the Taliban are men, based on recent news reports.
-Men would overwhelmingly be the ones actively employed by the allies.
-Painting every male with the same brush is a logical nonsense and against WP rulz.
-There are single men in Afghanistan, also.
-If people don't have the correct paperwork, they are turned away from the airport, and this includes women and children. I watched this 15 minutes ago on Sky News.

Also, refer to Brictoria's recent post.

I don't have the compassion I used to have because of the abominable behaviour I have had to endure, but my loyalty to the Truth is still intact. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 6:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
[...] it takes true scum to hog that much space on a plane knowing full well that kids and women will be left to fend for themselves. No need to walk in anyone's shoes to realise that's the lowest of the low.
Amen ... and amen ...

No need to preach to the choir, it seems. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 6:41 pm

Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:

BTW, How is staying in Afghanistan and getting your eyes ripped out of your head and/or your head cut off, heroic?
Where I come from it is called stupidity. :mrgreen:

If a large armed group of militants took over your entire country who enjoyed cutting heads off and gouging eyes out then again, why the hell would you not take your family with you?

I have said many times that it is the men who are being executed.
Please bridle your sanctimony when you clearly don't have all the facts. 8)

Nades wrote:
I would not let my mother 50 meters out of my radius with that marauding gang walking the streets and would throw her in the car pretty sharpish to head towards the airport or even walk with her if I had to.

As I have said, women and children are being refused access to the transport planes if they don't have paperwork.
Also, women and children would make their way to the airport themselves if it were possible.

Do you watch the news?
I find Sky News quite informative.
Recommended. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 6:43 pm

Australia to take 3000 refugees from Afghanistan
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-19/ ... /100388678

SandWitch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2021, 10:49 pm

Pepe wrote:
SandWitch wrote:
Pepe wrote:
SandWitch wrote:
:lol: fingers crossed

Paws crossed, in my case. 8)

You furry little commie devil, you.
:lol:

I'm a moderate conservative independent.
I spit on the commy bastardos. :eew: :mrgreen:

In case lost in translation, I was jokingly calling you a "furry" and a "commie", in response to your stating having your "paws crossed", as opposed to me jokingly stating having had my fingers crossed; in response to your sarcastic reply originating the unfolding of this dialogue; as some people associate the two: (furries and commies) with one another.

With that said; I'm a mostly centrist, libertarian independent.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 11:48 pm

Trump pretending he would do different if he was still in charge
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 7f552eb056

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 12:24 am

cyberdad wrote:

And quite probably he would - But we will never know. Nor will we ever know, had he been in charge, whether anything he may have done diffeerently would have resulted in a better or worse outcome than we are seeing.

So why bring it up - other than to distract from the shambles created through Mr Biden's and Ms Harris' plan (given they discarded Mr Trump's plans and created their own)?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 1:50 am

Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Assuming what brictoria said might be true it could be an explanation. However there is no proof there was a mass evacuation of women and kids to the extent that all appears to be left are adult men.

Indeed when they cross the English channel on boats its mostly men so it just seems like continuity of tradition in that sense.

They know what they say about pictures speaking a thousand words. What that picture tells me is that those on board are callous beyond human comprehension because all evidence so far points towards women and children being left behind.

Because they might be executed? It seems pretty mutual between the sexes that execution is very liberal in a Sharia law state.

I think you're giving to much sympathy to the men, it takes true scum to hog that much space on a plane knowing full well that kids and women will be left to fend for themselves. No need to walk in anyone's shoes to realise that's the lowest of the low.

Also let's not tie ourselves into knots over a few women and kids appearing on this plane picture (and I mean just a few). All the pictures from the airport clearly show a grossly disproportionate number of men.

-The people that are being sorted out by the Taliban are men, based on recent news reports.
-Painting every male with the same brush is a logical nonsense and against WP rulz.
-If people don't have the correct paperwork, they are turned away from the airport, and this includes women and children. I watched this 15 minutes ago on Sky News.

I don't have the compassion I used to have because of the abominable behaviour I have had to endure, but my loyalty to the Truth is still intact. 8)

Why does any of that matter? The greater risk they face, though open to interpretation obviously doesn't mean men and only men should flee. A terrorist group that supposedly are that happy to kill men are still a group that you should keep your family well away from.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 2:44 am

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 2:54 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

And quite probably he would - But we will never know. Nor will we ever know, had he been in charge, whether anything he may have done diffeerently would have resulted in a better or worse outcome than we are seeing.

So why bring it up - other than to distract from the shambles created through Mr Biden's and Ms Harris' plan (given they discarded Mr Trump's plans and created their own)?

I'm not saying Biden is correct in pulling troops from Afghanistan but he had reasons

In 2009 when he was vice president he locked horns with Obama and made it clear he opposed escalating US involvement in Afghanistan.
https://www.vox.com/2021/8/18/22629135/ ... al-reasons

I think he's at least consistent in following through with this.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 8:31 am

Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Why does any of that matter? The greater risk they face, though open to interpretation obviously doesn't mean men and only men should flee. A terrorist group that supposedly are that happy to kill men are still a group that you should keep your family well away from.

This was my original belief, but what has been reported suggests the families won't be targeted.
I hope that is correct.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 8:37 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

This is to be expected when a lot of them have had a goatherder education.
Hard to control.
Most still live in medieval times, don't they?

Scary stuff.
I wouldn't last 5 minutes there. 8O

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 9:09 am

Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

This is to be expected when a lot of them have had a goatherder education.
Hard to control.
Most still live in medieval times, don't they?

Scary stuff.
I wouldn't last 5 minutes there. 8O

A better question than if you would last 5 minutes there is probably would you want to last more then 5 minutes there...

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 9:41 am

Well so the New Taliban are saying they are cool with womens education, jobs, will require hijab but not burka, will not be trafficking drugs, and will not be targeting Westerners or Western allies. They sound pretty reasonable so far, as Islamic rule goes. Maybe they will stick to it.

I'm amazed that 10,000 contractors (or whatever) are still there. That's a lot. Like, what was their long term plan?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 9:52 am

SocOfAutism wrote:
I'm amazed that 10,000 contractors (or whatever) are still there. That's a lot. Like, what was their long term plan?

They believed that Mr Biden had a plan to keep them safe, or get them out in advance of trouble...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 10:35 am

It's not going to be good under the Taliban-----especially for those who helped the Americans while they were there.