Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

mulgajane
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Aug 2021, 12:56 am

Hi, my name is Fe and I have only just worked out that I am autistic.
I am reaching out because I have to tell you that I am extremely fragile and in need of help.
My relationship has just ended, two days before my diagnosis, and though I would like to celebrate my revelation, I cannot for my heart is broken.
I feel very alone, but I know there must be other women out there like me who have struggled for so long to fit in, and I dearly need to connect with you so that I may learn more about myself and in return, help you learn more about you.
Sincerely, me.

EleanorC
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Aug 2021, 3:24 pm

I just figured out today that I’m autistic. I’m 43. I understand about being fragile and I’m sorry your heart is broken.
I dunno what else to say, I’m not good at this, just wanted to give you a virtual hug.

mulgajane
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Aug 2021, 4:17 pm

Hello ElanorC,

thank you for your virtual hug :)

I used to joke that I might be on the spectrum but I didn't actually think there was any truth in my jokes until I was listening to a writer on a podcast speak about her late diagnosis. The concept of mimicking was explained to me and I began to understand for the first time why it took so much energy for me to go into the outside world.

How did you discover your autistic self?

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2021, 7:27 pm

A difficult time for you, but welcome.
I've only been here a short time myself, but there seem to be lots of good and insightful people about.

EleanorC
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Aug 2021, 9:54 pm

I came across a website with a long list of traits that convinced me. It won’t let me put a link here cuz I’m a new user.

One of my sisters said a while back she thought I might be on the spectrum, so I did some reading and found the list and … yep. That’s me. I’m kinda reeling right now

One of the things on the list is that it takes so much energy to go out into the world, like you mentioned. I thought it was just me. OMGosh. There’s a whole group of people … !

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 7:09 am

Welcome, new members!! !

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 2:38 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

sariel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Aug 2021, 1:46 pm

Hi there, I know how you feel. I'm 56 and just realizing ... my heart really goes out to you. I hope we both can find some people we can relate to here and some real friends who understand and accept us as we are.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 1:59 pm

I'd like to welcome the new members.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 8:37 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. Even though I’ve worked with people with developmental disabilities for over 20 years, I had no idea I was autistic. That’s because women frequently present differently from men. I was pole axed when I realized these characteristics fit me like a glove.

Losing a partner is quite upsetting too. Been there, done that…many times.

Big virtual hugs.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 9:22 am

Being hurt in romance is universal----amongst all genders, binary or otherwise.

I know what you mean. Losing love cuts like a knife. And, for you, the wound is fresh. But you will heal. I don't believe healing is ever impossible, even when it seems like it's impossible. Yes, I'm speaking from "outside"...but I believe an outside, sort of objective perspective is necessary.

I was diagnosed very young, so I'm fortunate that I "knew" I was "odd." Went to special schools, the whole nine yards. I never, ever, had any notion that I was "normal" in any way.

I believe autism is universal. There are some females who have the "female" presentation. And it is certainly underdiagnosed in females. There are some females who present just like males, though.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 4:21 am

Welcome, sorry to hear about your relationship