How to attract women despite you have Aspergers

Page 3 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Outsider85
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Aug 2021, 5:20 pm

If I was in a bar and a good looking woman was to approach me, I would pull off a Jack Reacher type of monologue.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 5:21 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Outsider85 wrote:
Something that those people need to realize. You can’t rely on your looks to get you through life. It takes skills. Skills come back more easily than looks.

You've gotta be really good-looking to get by on just your looks. :mrgreen:

A couple of yeas ago, my AS son's teacher said that the other kids often find him annoying, but he usually gets away with it because he's so good-looking. (He is.) I'm actually worried that he'll get into the habit of coasting along on his looks, because that definitely doesn't last forever.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 5:23 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Outsider85 wrote:
Something that those people need to realize. You can’t rely on your looks to get you through life. It takes skills. Skills come back more easily than looks.

You've gotta be really good-looking to get by on just your looks. :mrgreen:

A couple of years ago, my AS son's teacher said that the other kids often find him annoying, but he usually gets away with it because he's so good-looking. (He is.) I'm actually worried that he'll get into the habit of coasting along on his looks, because that doesn't last.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 5:36 pm

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
A couple of yeas ago, my AS son's teacher said that the other kids often find him annoying, but he usually gets away with it because he's so good-looking. (He is.) I'm actually worried that he'll get into the habit of coasting along on his looks, because that definitely doesn't last forever.

Valid concern. Still, imagine if he were just as autistic and just as annoying, but also ugly looking. He's very lucky his looks compensate for his social deficits.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 9:16 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
At first glance, these women look like real airheads......

What is an airhead? They have air in their heads?

An “airhead” is someone who does not spend very much time thinking, especially on hard subjects. They tend to be very superficial in what they do think about. The air part is a slam that they do not have much grey matter to think with, as it has been replaced with air instead. The 1990s movies “Clueless” and “Biodome” have multiple examples of people that fit that description.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 9:52 am

It depends on your personality. If you're a naturally talkative, outgoing, or extroverted guy, try meeting women in person such as bars, nightclubs, or social groups. If your personality is more quiet, reserved, and introverted, online dating is the way to go.

You have to remember that in our society, it's still the man's job to approach the woman and even ask her out. This means that the quiet and reserved guy (unless he's good looking) is at a natural disadvantage when it comes to dating. And for some guys, talking to girls online is much less scary therefore it's easier for them to get to know the girl and have a chance with her.

Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2021, 1:39 am

Quote:
I want a woman who can deal with my quirkiness, me at my best and worst, supportive of me, independent, ambitious, and is honest. Bonus if she likes to get dressed up once in a while for a romantic candlelight dinner and doesn’t mind wearing strapless dresses or outfits occasionally.

If that's what you want, which is quite a list, then that woman would likely expect something similar from you. If you can provide that, you can *perhaps* attract and satisfy such a woman.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2021, 8:50 am

Outsider85 wrote:
Those girls in the picture look like the type that would turn their back on a guy who just says hi to them.
What is it about their appearances that makes you say that?
Outsider85 wrote:
My friend from High School was hanging out with me on the Fourth Of July this year. We were in the beer tent. Two girls with tank tops and jean shorts were getting drinks. My friend went over to say hi they said hi and then turned their backs on him. Before he went up to them, he was checking them out. I told him good taste, but out of our league. He still wanted to give it a try. I told him to go for it then.  A while later the girls were standing at a table. We walked over to sit down because the fireworks were going to start. I had a chair that I was going sit in that I brought with me. As we walked up to the table the girls went to the opposite side of the area.  Brats.
That's right.  Insult women who want nothing to do with you.  That will show them, for sure!

:roll: Those last three lines were intended as sarcasm, by the way...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 2:46 am

hurtloam wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Interesting that everyone here is saying to stick with oddball/outcast women. I'm starting to realize my lack of success is likely due to the fact that I'm a sucker for trendy "basic girls" like this :PImage

I look at that photo and know I would not make friends with any of those women lol

You probably prefer hats like these:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 4:42 am

Fnord wrote:
Outsider85 wrote:
Those girls in the picture look like the type that would turn their back on a guy who just says hi to them.
What is it about their appearances that makes you say that?
Outsider85 wrote:
My friend from High School was hanging out with me on the Fourth Of July this year. We were in the beer tent. Two girls with tank tops and jean shorts were getting drinks. My friend went over to say hi they said hi and then turned their backs on him. Before he went up to them, he was checking them out. I told him good taste, but out of our league. He still wanted to give it a try. I told him to go for it then.  A while later the girls were standing at a table. We walked over to sit down because the fireworks were going to start. I had a chair that I was going sit in that I brought with me. As we walked up to the table the girls went to the opposite side of the area.  Brats.
That's right.  Insult women who want nothing to do with you.  That will show them, for sure!

:roll: Those last three lines were intended as sarcasm, by the way...

Seriously. Men aren't entitled to women's time or attention.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 5:13 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
At first glance, these women look like real airheads......

Actually they look like typical university students

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 5:14 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The look of satisfaction after snagging a prince :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 5:19 am

Ok time to audit Fnord's love advice...

• Dress yourself in "mainstream" fashion (not haute couture, just "everyman" office clothes)....Single Aussie men spend 70% of their salaries on clothes.

• Bathe and shave daily, brush and floss at least twice daily....tick

• Earn a university degree, and find appropriate employment......tradesmen and plumbers and electricians earn more than engineers

• Take acting lessons, dance lessons, and music lessons.........our women consider that gay

• Attend religious services on a regular basis.......definitely not. Even our christian girls date bad boys

• Read extensively on many topics.......ummm nope, just focus on smile, make eye contact, nod your head often, and listen to what she says.

• Learn to drive, and buy a car (or a motorcycle!)........tick

• When a woman does speak to you, smile, make eye contact, nod your head often, and listen to what she says. tick tick tick

Outsider85
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Aug 2021, 6:55 am

cyberdad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The look of satisfaction after snagging a prince :lol:

At least they’re more lady like than some women today.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 8:25 am

cyberdad wrote:

• Earn a university degree, and find appropriate employment......tradesmen and plumbers and electricians earn more than engineers
It is one thing to be a tradesperson, it is another to be the man who can afford to hire tradespeople.  Then again, a wise Canadian once said, "If the ladies don't find you handsome, they should at least fined you handy."

cyberdad wrote:
• Take acting lessons, dance lessons, and music lessons.........our women consider that gay.
Really?  Then do they just sit on their tuchis during wedding receptions and watch the "gay" people dance with each other?  Besides, I suggested these lessons as means of being where women are -- places other than bars and nightclubs.

cyberdad wrote:
• Attend religious services on a regular basis.......definitely not. Even our christian girls date bad boys.
And just where do they meet these "bad boys" if they are such good Christian women?  Again, I suggested church as a place to meet women who are not hanging out in bars and nightclubs.

cyberdad wrote:
• Read extensively on many topics.......ummm nope, just focus on smile, make eye contact, nod your head often, and listen to what she says.
It is one thing to tell a woman she is right; but it is quite another to explain why she is right, and to back it up with facts (especially to those against whom she may be arguing).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Outsider85
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Aug 2021, 9:22 am

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It is one thing to be a tradesperson, it is another to be the man who can afford to hire tradespeople.  Then again, a wise Canadian once said, "If the ladies don't find you handsome, they should at least fined you handy."

cyberdad wrote:
• Take acting lessons, dance lessons, and music lessons.........our women consider that gay.
Really?  Then do they just sit on their tuchis during wedding receptions and watch the "gay" people dance with each other?  Besides, I suggested these lessons as means of being where women are -- places other than bars and nightclubs.

cyberdad wrote:
• Attend religious services on a regular basis.......definitely not. Even our christian girls date bad boys.
And just where do they meet these "bad boys" if they are such good Christian women?  Again, I suggested church as a place to meet women who are not hanging out in bars and nightclubs.

cyberdad wrote:
It is one thing to tell a woman she is right; but it is quite another to explain why she is right, and to back it up with facts (especially to those against whom she may be arguing).

I am going to college online. I have tried all of these types of places and still get nothing.