How to attract women despite you have Aspergers

Page 1 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Outsider85
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2021, 4:29 pm

How does an Aspergers patient attract women or is there a good way to attract women? Also I think that women aren’t into me because of my Aspergers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 4:46 pm

Here is what I suggest (a.k.a., "How I Met My Wife"):

• Dress yourself in "mainstream" fashion (not haute couture, just "everyman" office clothes).
• Bathe and shave daily, brush and floss at least twice daily.
• Earn a university degree, and find appropriate employment.
• Take acting lessons, dance lessons, and music lessons.
• Attend religious services on a regular basis.
• Read extensively on many topics.
• Learn to drive, and buy a car (or a motorcycle!).
• When a woman does speak to you, smile, make eye contact, nod your head often, and listen to what she says.

Remember, these are only suggestions.  This is also NOT an "All-Or-Nothing" list; but the more of these suggestions you do for yourself, the better your chances will be.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 10:21 pm

I did all the mainstream-conforming stuff (except religious services--I'm not a hypocrite), and I ended up unhappy, stressed, in the wrong relationships, and ultimately suffered incapacitating burnout 6-7 years ago.
Since then, I just act like myself (though I agree, hygiene is important) and don't worry much about what others think. I still get occasional interest from women, but now I get interest from the right women--the odd, artsy, eccentric ones who appreciate me for who I am, not an image I'm faking. I wish I'd done this 40 years ago.

My advice: Don't be annoying, keep (physically) clean, get education/experience in something you're passionate about, and put yourself in places frequented by other oddballs and nonconformists. Just my perspective, but I'm much happier this way.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 12:35 am

Be interesting.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2021, 1:17 am

Outsider85 wrote:
How does an Aspergers patient attract women or is there a good way to attract women? Also I think that women aren’t into me because of my Aspergers.

Communication
Politeness
Exercise
Dress up
Good hygiene
Being useful and handy around the house
Dance lessons
Getting a dog or a cat
...ultimately
the very condition yields people unattractive I believe

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Aug 2021, 1:44 am

What eventually worked for me was going for women that were NOT mainstream. I tried to seek out women that I had things in common with. I'm not really talking common interests, I'm talking more about women that had similar issues as me & life experiences I could relate to. I also tried to figure out what my strengths & good qualities were & I tried to focus on showing them to the type of women who might appreciate them. In my case I'm good at being emotionally supportive though I don't do it in a typical NT way & I'm also very accepting of women who have various so-called issues & problems, in fact I prefer em. I just can NEVER measure up to typical normal women's standards & it would be as rare as Alex our site's creator updating the forum software if a normal woman would actually be willing to give me half a chance for a relationship & be willing to put forth some effort into trying to meet me halfway with things. I am very different than the typical Aspie though because I have lots of various other disabilities & issues majorly limiting me with employment, life, & relationships & I have very few of the stereotypical Aspie strengths, skills, & special talents that could possibly help me compensate. If I woulda had the money & resources, I woulda tried the mail-order bride route or international dating if you prefer the latter phrase. If I woulda had my own place I woulda sought out a woman who needed a place to stay, getting my own place was sorta in the works but the process was dragging on & on.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Outsider85
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2021, 3:40 am

I have tried:
Church
Dating websites
Libraries
Going for walks
Renaissance Faire
Going to museums
Grocery store
Bars
Gym

The dating websites used to work, only one did. All the other ones, didn’t

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2021, 6:46 am

Interesting that everyone here is saying to stick with oddball/outcast women. I'm starting to realize my lack of success is likely due to the fact that I'm a sucker for trendy "basic girls" like this :PImage

Outsider85
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2021, 6:51 am

Good taste. I want a woman who can deal with my quirkiness, me at my best and worst, supportive of me, independent, ambitious, and is honest. Bonus if she likes to get dressed up once in a while for a romantic candlelight dinner and doesn’t mind wearing strapless dresses or outfits occasionally.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2021, 7:35 am

Outsider85 wrote:
Good taste. I want a woman who can deal with my quirkiness, me at my best and worst, supportive of me, independent, ambitious, and is honest. Bonus if she likes to get dressed up once in a while for a romantic candlelight dinner and doesn’t mind wearing strapless dresses or outfits occasionally.

Thanks. It's super frustrating being too weird for "normal" women but too normal for weird women, if that makes any sense :?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 7:53 am

SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Interesting that everyone here is saying to stick with oddball/outcast women. I'm starting to realize my lack of success is likely due to the fact that I'm a sucker for trendy "basic girls" like this :PImage

I look at that photo and know I would not make friends with any of those women lol

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 7:56 am

At first glance, these women look like real airheads......

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 8:24 am

SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Interesting that everyone here is saying to stick with oddball/outcast women...
Wrong.  I did not tell you that.
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
I'm starting to realize my lack of success is likely due to the fact that I'm a sucker for trendy "basic girls"...
... but if you lack what those girls are looking for, why bother with them in the first place?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2021, 8:41 am

hurtloam wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:

I look at that photo and know I would not make friends with any of those women lol

To be fair, most Aspie women wouldn't :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 9:54 am

Some of them could be all right as people....and there could, potentially, be much more substance in an individual who is seemingly an airhead than what a first impression yields.

My point, really, is that one cannot tell much from a photograph.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Aug 2021, 10:14 am

Fnord wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
I'm starting to realize my lack of success is likely due to the fact that I'm a sucker for trendy "basic girls"...
... but if you lack what those girls are looking for, why bother with them in the first place?
Haven't you been on this forum enough by now Fnord to know that anything less than exactly what some people want & do not want would be considered settling to them

kraftiekortie wrote:
Some of them could be all right as people....and there could, potentially, be much more substance in an individual who is seemingly an airhead than what a first impression yields.

My point, really, is that one cannot tell much from a photograph.
I like airheads but we may have slightly different definitions. Those women look like they may be trendy & stuck up which does not make someone an airhead, it makes em shallow & superficial. An airhead to me is somebody who lots of others would find stupid like getting confused easilly & being kinda scatterbrained but I likely would instead find it funny & cute & relatable.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition