Page 2 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 10:26 am

nick007 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
I'm starting to realize my lack of success is likely due to the fact that I'm a sucker for trendy "basic girls"...
... but if you lack what those girls are looking for, why bother with them in the first place?
Haven't you been on this forum enough by now Fnord to know that anything less than exactly what some people want & do not want would be considered settling to them.
By their logic, if I have a choice between $200 worth of platinum and $200 worth of gold, and I take the gold, then I am "settling" for something of lesser value.

:scratch: Huh?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Outsider85
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2021, 4:44 pm

Those women look like they are shallow and want physical attraction.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 4:46 pm

Outsider85 wrote:
How can you tell all that from just one picture?

To me, they look like ten happy young women having a good time.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 5:38 pm

My first year at university, a female classmate said to me, "If you were a girl, everyone would call you an airhead."

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Aug 2021, 3:55 am

Fnord wrote:
Outsider85 wrote:

https://www.insidehook.com/wp-content/u ... 500%2C1000
I'd like to know where they live & the year that pic was taken before making any judgements.

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
My first year at university, a female classmate said to me, "If you were a girl, everyone would call you an airhead."
I woulda responded saying something like "lots of women love the airheads candy so I should be very popular with the ladies" :mrgreen:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2021, 6:52 am

nick007 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Outsider85 wrote:

https://www.insidehook.com/wp-content/u ... 500%2C1000
I'd like to know where they live & the year that pic was taken before making any judgements.

I woulda responded saying something like "lots of women love the airheads candy so I should be very popular with the ladies" :mrgreen:

Funny you mention that candy. I've long noted that my personality and that of the women I mostly find attractive can be summarized with two candies: Nerds and Airheads :lol:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 12:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
At first glance, these women look like real airheads......

What is an airhead? They have air in their heads?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 12:27 pm

My advice: Don't be annoying, keep (physically) clean, get education/experience in something you're passionate about, and put yourself in places frequented by other oddballs and nonconformists. Just my perspective, but I'm much happier this way.

I totally agree. Ever since my teens, it has always been self-evident to me that my most likely friends -- and my most likely more-than-friends -- would be fellow oddballs and nonconformists.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 1:31 pm

Develop traits that people find attractive:

Confidence
Kindness
Positivity
Resilience
Optimism
Curiosity

And if you tend towards traits that aren't attractive:

Low self-esteem
Meanness (intentional or unintentional)
Negativity
Pessimism
Closed-mindedness

then try to work out why you tend that way and do some work on yourself.

Everything else is superficial bs. Look around - you'll see literally millions of fat, skinny, ugly, poor, old, smelly, ignorant, lazy people who have all managed to find love (or at least a willing partner) in life. By all means work on your appearance and your 'eligibility', that'll help with confidence and resilience, but the people who will judge you solely by those criteria are not worth your effort.

Outsider85
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Aug 2021, 6:14 am

Those girls in the picture look like the type that would turn their back on a guy who just says hi to them. My friend from High School was hanging out with me on the Fourth Of July this year. We were in the beer tent. Two girls with tank tops and jean shorts were getting drinks. My friend went over to say hi they said hi and then turned their backs on him. Before he went up to them, he was checking them out. I told him good taste, but out of our league. He still wanted to give it a try. I told him to go for it then.

A while later the girls were standing at a table. We walked over to sit down because the fireworks were going to start. I had a chair that I was going sit in that I brought with me. As we walked up to the table the girls went to the opposite side of the area.

Brats.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 6:16 am

Fnord wrote:
Outsider85 wrote:

I agree. I do know people who look like that and they're very nice. I'm on good terms with them, but we are not close friends because we don't have a lot in common

Also the good thing about never dressing like that is that young people won't call me cheugy now. I'm actually cool lol.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 6:18 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Develop traits that people find attractive:

Confidence
Kindness
Positivity
Resilience
Optimism
Curiosity

And if you tend towards traits that aren't attractive:

Low self-esteem
Meanness (intentional or unintentional)
Negativity
Pessimism
Closed-mindedness

then try to work out why you tend that way and do some work on yourself.

Everything else is superficial bs. Look around - you'll see literally millions of fat, skinny, ugly, poor, old, smelly, ignorant, lazy people who have all managed to find love (or at least a willing partner) in life. By all means work on your appearance and your 'eligibility', that'll help with confidence and resilience, but the people who will judge you solely by those criteria are not worth your effort.

This.

Resilience is a good one.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 4:15 pm

Go for women within your "league". The fat anti-social neckbeard probably isn't dating the 10/10 sorority girl.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 4:29 pm

Outsider85 wrote:
Those girls in the picture look like the type that would turn their back on a guy who just says hi to them. My friend from High School was hanging out with me on the Fourth Of July this year. We were in the beer tent. Two girls with tank tops and jean shorts were getting drinks. My friend went over to say hi they said hi and then turned their backs on him. Before he went up to them, he was checking them out. I told him good taste, but out of our league. He still wanted to give it a try. I told him to go for it then.

A while later the girls were standing at a table. We walked over to sit down because the fireworks were going to start. I had a chair that I was going sit in that I brought with me. As we walked up to the table the girls went to the opposite side of the area.

Brats.

This supports the theory that what is considered socially acceptable vs unacceptable is oftentimes determined by our overall feeling towards that said person.

Basically,

Hot guy talks to woman at a bar = flattering
Ugly guy talks to a woman at a bar = creepy

This is also why many attractive people are naturally more confident and extroverted (not always true but oftentimes true) It's because attractive people are less likely to be socially rejected because of their good looks, and as a result, naturally develop more confidence and better social skills. Being good looking also makes it easier to be seen as popular because good looking people have the halo effect on their side.

Of course, just because you're ugly doesn't mean you're completely screwed. There's plenty of average/ugly people who go on to get married and have a family.

Outsider85
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Aug 2021, 4:50 pm

Something that those people need to realize. You can’t rely on your looks to get you through life. It takes skills. Skills come back more easily than looks.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 5:09 pm

Outsider85 wrote:
Something that those people need to realize. You can’t rely on your looks to get you through life. It takes skills. Skills come back more easily than looks.

You've gotta be really good-looking to get by on just your looks. :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う