Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 5:51 pm

Then pull yourself together. :D

Jib
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Aug 2021, 9:31 pm

I love my brown bedroom curtains! I love how they block out sunlight so I can sleep soundly at night. I appreciate the darkness rather than fear it. For I don't see fearsome darkness, but sacred darkness. :)

Jib's Medium

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Aug 2021, 2:57 am

I'm not scared of em but my girlfriend is a little worried about em catching fire. Our last place was a townhouse apartment & one of the apartments a few units over had a major fire while we were living there because somebody left a candle burning near the window & the curtain caught fire while they were gone. We were fine as well as both of our pets very thankfully but that apartment & both apartments on each side of em were not inhabitable for a while due to them needing major work. Very luckily for us there were two apartments between us & the one that caught fire & the one next to us fared out OK as well. Our place reeked of smoke that day but everything else was OK. The firemen checked all the apartments before giving the clear that we could go back & I was asked to look around 1st as well. Things coulda been alot worse because the apartment fire got big very fast.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jib
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Aug 2021, 8:49 am

nick007 wrote:
I'm not scared of em but my girlfriend is a little worried about em catching fire. Our last place was a townhouse apartment & one of the apartments a few units over had a major fire while we were living there because somebody left a candle burning near the window & the curtain caught fire while they were gone. We were fine as well as both of our pets very thankfully but that apartment & both apartments on each side of em were not inhabitable for a while due to them needing major work. Very luckily for us there were two apartments between us & the one that caught fire & the one next to us fared out OK as well. Our place reeked of smoke that day but everything else was OK. The firemen checked all the apartments before giving the clear that we could go back & I was asked to look around 1st as well. Things coulda been alot worse because the apartment fire got big very fast.

That is a legitimate concern. Especially if one has shag carpet as I do in my flat. Between the curtains and the rug, I'm better off having candles upstairs. I love candles and enjoy their ambiance, but I recognize that they are a hazard.

Jib's Medium

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:20 pm

Yes!

Because curtains mean....CURTAINS!

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 9:31 am

I had a friend who got an anxiety attack everytime she saw orange curtains. No, she was not an interior decorator.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 1:13 am

Jib wrote:
nick007 wrote:

That is a legitimate concern. Especially if one has shag carpet as I do in my flat. Between the curtains and the rug, I'm better off having candles upstairs. I love candles and enjoy their ambiance, but I recognize that they are a hazard.
Best not to take any unnecessary risk. The place we have now has our heating vent along the outside wall so we had to buy shorter curtains for these windows.

naturalplastic wrote:
Yes!

Because curtains mean....CURTAINS!

https://youtu.be/VNCEuc6Ifro
:lol: I'm sure I seen that when I was little but I don't remember any of it. I should watch it again one day if I can find it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 12:30 am

I'm the opposite: I don't like open curtains at night. It always makes me feel like someone (or something) could be watching me in the darkness.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 2:09 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I'm the opposite: I don't like open curtains at night. It always makes me feel like someone (or something) could be watching me in the darkness.
I don't like em opened at all, especially because there can be people right outside.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 3:33 am

I just like that there are trees and a good angle where I feel it would be hard for anyone to see in my apartment, even walked out back where our back patio is to see if it seemed very visable from the ground which it does not. But still I get worried if I get up from bed and am walking around naked and notice the blinds open of if someone will see me. But from what I looked at outside it is hard to see into my apartment so I doubt anyone can see in but still I end up closing the blinds.

But yeah idk I like to be able to walk around naked in my apartment, didn't get to do that living with my family and such so I guess it is nice to be in my own home with just my boyfriend who certainly is not bothered if I don't have clothes on.

Lol so I guess if anything I am more worried about the lack of curtains than the existence of them, as they an be used to close up windows so you can walk around naked more comfortably without neighbors being able to see in at all.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 3:15 pm