Page 8 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 12:49 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
If anyone wants to know as to why I will never watch The Exorcist is maybe because of how intense the situation is in the movie so in turn I think I may not be able to sit through it without panicking! 8O

I never saw the movie, but I read the book, back in high school. I was just as disgusted.

EdCase
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Oct 2021, 8:07 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
EdCase wrote:
The Twilight series.

Sat down to watch the first one with my kids (didn't read the books). Turned it off when the vamps sparkled and irrationally avoid films with the 2 main leads.

Like many, I don't understand how and why The Twilight Series became so popular.

We all know that Twilight fanfic ended up being the worse 50 Shades Trilogy.

BTW, do consider watching Robert Pattinson in The Lighthouse.
He gives an excellent performance alongside Willem Dafoe as keepers of a lighthouse.

I haven't seen the 50 Shades films and probably won't make an effort to watch them.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of The Lighthouse, maybe I'll give that a try :)

EdCase

27 Oct 2021, 8:12 am

hurtloam wrote:
The Birds. I love Hitchcock, but I have no desire to watch this particular film. Just seems stupid.

I saw this film when I was probably too young. I went to school the next day and there were so many birds sitting on the telephone lines etc. and seemingly watching me. I was quite nervous!

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 10:30 am

EdCase wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
The Birds. I love Hitchcock, but I have no desire to watch this particular film. Just seems stupid.

I saw this film when I was probably too young. I went to school the next day and there were so many birds sitting on the telephone lines etc. and seemingly watching me. I was quite nervous!

I have seen the end of " The Birds" despite the fake birds, it's very terrifying. A bunch of seagulls trying to attack a a person's hand when they open a window.

Finn Razelle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2021, 11:07 pm

Ooooh, fun topic! Let's see... Will not watch:

1) Any Star Wars movies EXCEPT the original versions of the original three--before George Lucas scribbled all over them with the CGI equivalent of crayon.

2) "I Am Legend" (Because I saw it once and it scared the living s**t out of me.)

3) "A Christmas Story" (Because it's lame. I don't understand why this one keeps getting replayed on TV.)

4) "The Hobbit" movies (Because a lighthearted children's adventure story does not a trilogy make.)

5) "Hannibal" (sequel to Silence of the Lambs) ...Because the Silence of the Lambs has the perfect last line of any movie ever... and such things should not be messed with for the sake of more box office profits. ;-P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 11:20 pm

i won't watch anything with madonna in it. no "sex in the city" for me either. nothing about violence. the hollywood "comedies" these days don't amount to much, crass but lacking real humor that is not "put down" humor.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 4:50 am

Silence of the Lambs. Just does not appeal to me. I don't really care why Anthony Hopkins ate people with fava beans.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 7:37 am

Finn Razelle wrote:
1) Any Star Wars movies EXCEPT the original versions of the original three--before George Lucas scribbled all over them with the CGI equivalent of crayon.

Yes. I'm so glad we have people preserving these films for us, and it's hard to believe we have beautiful 35mm preservations right now, when ten years ago the best we had were some shoddy Laserdisc transfers.

I don't mind the prequels that much though, even though the CGI was awful. At least Phantom Menace had real sets and actual film cameras underneath.

Finn Razelle wrote:
2) "I Am Legend" (Because I saw it once and it scared the living s**t out of me.)

I don't watch it because it took a giant poo all over the book, it has almost nothing in common with it. I'd rather watch The Last Man on Earth.

Finn Razelle wrote:
5) "Hannibal" (sequel to Silence of the Lambs) ...Because the Silence of the Lambs has the perfect last line of any movie ever... and such things should not be messed with for the sake of more box office profits. ;-P

Another movie that took a little bit of a poo on the book, and those books are some of my very top favorites. It was cool to see all the locations in Italy though, I guess nobody was allowed to film in some of those locations until this movie came along.

Red Dragon, too...definitely just put out for profits. A lot of it was shot-for-shot remade from the original (Manhunter), with only a couple extra scenes from the book (it is way too much book to fit into one movie), a bunch of unnecessary extra scenes with Lector that made Graham look inept, and a terrible (and sexist) ending.

auntblabby wrote:
i won't watch anything with madonna in it.

But...Dick Tracy!! !

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 4:09 pm

I love Spider-Man (as many of you already know), but I don't think I'll be able
to sit through Spider-Man: No Way Home without feeling overtly emotional.