Candles with jewellery inside - do you have one?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 12:11 pm

Have you ever gotten one?

I wasn't even aware of the existstence of this sort of product until the day before yesterday 8O when I accidentally saw an online contest on Facebook, in which one could win such candles - I instantly entered it... and I won! :D :D :D I could choose which one I wanted so I chose a candle with a silver necklace inside. I still have no idea which necklace exactly I'm going to get.

In this contest, you had to describe your favorite summer holiday(s) ever spent by you - I described my summer vacations spent with my grandparents when I was merely a little girl and later an adolescent teenager. I managed to make the good folks organizing the contest laugh, as I described how I used to change the positions of their hens on their perches in the henhouse - it looked so untidy when the birds of different colors were sitting at the same perch, so I rearranged their positions, taking the white ones to one perch, light brown ones to another one, the same with the dark brown and black hens - it looked much more tidy, as there was no disorder caused by this unpleasant clash of colors then in the henhouse :D :mrgreen: I remember I even once described in on here. So I won in this way and now I'm awaiting the arrival of my candle with a piece of jewellery safely hidden inside, like a fly in a piece of amber.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Aug 2021, 2:38 am

I never heard of those before. Is the top part a real candle that you can light after taking the jewelry out :?: Post some pix after it comes in. I really hope you like it.
I know I could never win that contest because I don't use FB & my favorite summer holidays involved me playing video-games while listening to music or me watching TV. & then after I graduated high-school I would spend time on computer doing various things while listening to music. & then after I got my current girlfriend my summers are spent just hanging out with her doing typical boring stuff that we like, cuddling in front the TV or while she plays video-games is great.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 3:36 am

Yes, it's a real candle; after the wax melts, the mini container with this jewellery gets exposed and you can safely get it out :D

https://www.jewelcandle.pl/products/swi ... bBxNS5uLzk

It's the link to the candle I got :) It contains the jewellery photos - I chose, as I already said, one with a necklace :)

My summer holidays weren't typically too interesting either back when i was a kid/teen - all of those were spent by me with my grandparents and later - when I was a teenager - also at summer camps :)

I won several candles in various contests before - I love contests from the bottom of my heart - but I never won one with any sort of jewellery inside, all of those just sit on the shelf and excrete a nice smell :D That's their whole function.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 8:31 am

Haven't even heard of these before. Interesting.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 2:10 pm

O.K., I just got the necklace out, as the wax of my candle has melted away - it is very delicate and thin but at the same time very expensive 8O It turns out it costs as much as 728 zlotys :D One USD is like 4 Polish zlotys :D I'm so happy :D And that candle turned out to be so BIG 8O - it resembles those candles you put on graves. Especially that it was tied with a decorative black and silver ribbon :D

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2021, 10:49 pm

That's so cool. The jar the candle is in is really pretty too! I have a habit of buying candles bc I like the jar :lol: when the candle is done I put mini fairy lights inside so I still enjoy it.

Your story was fun too, it made me laugh. I prefer color order too. Thanks for sharing such a fun thing. Those would be a really good present bc you get 2 presents instead of 1.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 3:02 am

True, I got like two presents indeed :D I wouldn't ever pay such a big sum for something that delicate though - but there was a mini label enclosed to this necklace - one with a special code - and I typed that code down in the special search engine on their website. And it showed me the price of it. You never know with those candles how expensive your jewellery is going to be, you have to check it out yourself on their site. I have many necklaces, earrings and pendants - some of them are those I won in contests, too :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 5:34 pm

No and I have no plans to purchase one.

But yes, they are interesting.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 2:44 pm

I have entered the next two contests where one can win such a candle :D I would love to win one more :D

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 5:32 am

OMG, I just saw I won another candle like that in another contest! :D :D :D

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 5:37 am

I don't. I don't like candles (most are artificially scented), and I have no interest in "fancy" jewelry. I also don't feel comfortable contributing to an MLM.