Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 2:47 pm

I do this a lot, especially if I'm not worried about being seen, like when I'd cross low traffic sections of Plant 1.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Blueberry_Muffin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2021, 7:28 pm

I really hate getting my hands dirty in any way, so unless I know I'll get to wash them very soon, I avoid touching anything that might end up bothering me.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2021, 11:21 am

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
I touch things as I walk. I'm not sure if it's a stim for me, but I can be a bit of a sensory seeker, and some things are just too touchable to just leave alone. So I don't. :lol:

Yep. I've done it since I was a kid, still do. It's almost like I can't fully comprehend some objects unless I touch them. And I'm definitely drawn to anything that looks FLUFFY. :lol: or super smooth.

Funny story about that. My mom and me wonder in ross occasionally and I always fun my hands along the line of pillows and blankets on the bedding isle. My moms service dog watches everything we do, and sometimes mimics said actions. One day I was doing this and mom busts out laughing. I look back and she was trailing behind me rubbing her face along the pillows like I was doing with my hand. Now anytime we go down an isle with them and I'm touching em she does the same thing. :oops:

I know we should stop her, but it's so adorable and she seems to be enjoying herself as much as I am so... I mean she works really hard, why not let her enjoy the little things in life. Sometimes you gotta be a rebel. 8O

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2021, 7:54 pm

I think I did it a lot as a kid. Sensory seeking seems like the right term for it. I still do it when no one is looking sometimes.