Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 12:17 pm

At the bottom of this thread, under "Similar Topics," I now see a link to this thread, which, when clicked on, says "The requested topic does not exist."

Moreover, on the thread containing the link, the nonexistent thread is identified as having a post by "Guest" with a date of "31 Dec 1969" (the beginning of the Unix epoch -- long before Wrong Planet existed, much less any post thereon).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 12:54 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
At the bottom of this thread, under "Similar Topics," I now see a link to this thread, which, when clicked on, says "The requested topic does not exist."

Moreover, on the thread containing the link, the nonexistent thread is identified as having a post by "Guest" with a date of "31 Dec 1969" (the beginning of the Unix epoch -- long before Wrong Planet existed, much less any post thereon).

I'm pretty sure that indicates a thread that did relate but no longer exists.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Aug 2021, 6:57 pm

A removed thread normally still exists, but in an area accessible only to moderators. If a link to such a thread is still accessible to members they will see a "can't be accessed" (or words to that effect) error message when clicking the link.
This situation can arise where a thread has been removed by a moderator but the link for it is accidentally left in place.

But going by the date, which couldn't ordinarily exist here for the reasons Mona gives, I think this is a thread that was trashed or corrupted out of existence, possibly during the move to the new version of the forum software, leaving its date/time according to the database effectively zeroed - which is also the numeric representation of the start of the Unix epoch: January 1st, 1970 at 00:00:00 UTC.