A weird one- would welcome your thoughts

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 11:17 am

firemonkey wrote:
My (step) daughter got me a stool so I can put my feet up and hopefully sort out my swollen right foot. It’s a great idea, but both last night and this afternoon there’s been problems.

I set a time with Alexa.Put my feet up and close my eyes to relax. Then I get panicky and the hyperventilating starts! It does that repeatedly while my feet are up and I’m trying to relax. I can think of no logical explanation for it .

a Sense of equilibrium might be impaired , Have been told that ears have alott
to do with ones sense of balance . several bones in the,ear . Genetic misalignment . or otherwise.
Might be a thought ?
Or .... maybe check with your doctor ?

where ever you go ,there you are

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 12:12 pm

Hee Hee :jester:

But it’s okay. A sense of humor, especially these days, is very important.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 1:23 pm

Jakki wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
My (step) daughter got me a stool so I can put my feet up and hopefully sort out my swollen right foot. It’s a great idea, but both last night and this afternoon there’s been problems.

I set a time with Alexa.Put my feet up and close my eyes to relax. Then I get panicky and the hyperventilating starts! It does that repeatedly while my feet are up and I’m trying to relax. I can think of no logical explanation for it .

a Sense of equilibrium might be impaired , Have been told that ears have alott
to do with ones sense of balance . several bones in the,ear . Genetic misalignment . or otherwise.
Might be a thought ?
Or .... maybe check with your doctor ?

Waiting to see a neurologist. As with many other long term, severely mentally ill patients my physical health has not received the level of care and attention it should have done.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 9:59 pm

firemonkey wrote:
...As with many other long term, severely mentally ill patients my physical health has not received the level of care and attention it should have done.

Boo on that. Awful to be marginalized, invalidated, dismissed. Wishing you are elevated, validated, given the level of attention you more than deserve.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 7:19 am

SharonB wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
...As with many other long term, severely mentally ill patients my physical health has not received the level of care and attention it should have done.

Boo on that. Awful to be marginalized, invalidated, dismissed. Wishing you are elevated, validated, given the level of attention you more than deserve.

Thank you. What would help would be GPs learning to ditch their (semi?) automatic response of 'It's because you're mentally ill'. Also for MH professionals to take a more holistic approach.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 6:42 pm

firemonkey wrote:
SharonB wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

Thank you. What would help would be GPs learning to ditch their (semi?) automatic response of 'It's because you're mentally ill'. Also for MH professionals to take a more holistic approach.

Agreed ....!
it appears at times a great deal of medical personnel overhere as well do not seem to take their job seriously. If i want any care at all i need to push the medical staff. And when you have illness issues, it is very hard to push yourself to deal with these people.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 7:14 pm

Luckily I have my (step)daughter who has worked within care and education since 1995, supporting children and adults with learning
difficulties, dyslexia and autism, the elderly, covering dementia,
palliative care, eating disorders and mental illness.
She is currently branch manager of a home care agency, but looking for a different job. That's because she's slogging her guts out doing both managerial and hands on work as there's a shortage of care workers due to Covid and care workers refusing to be vaccinated. She's doing her best to make sure people get the care they need, but not getting any overtime pay.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 7:31 pm

bless your stepdaughter for her ongoing efforts , in a industry that is having a hard time finding people to work or manage . Am very glad you have her in
your life. :)