Re: The fact that autism is not an illness

Page 8 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 2:18 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Not afraid of someone who counts as evidence of his cure having dangerous sex with five guys he doesn't know from Adam everyday.

It's relevant. There are many here who complain their social skills aren't sufficient enough to obtain sex of any kind. Also, in the gay world, sex is basically.. social currency. So when you're reasonably good looking, fit, and decently social - amongst other factors - you can fill your social currency bank account as I have, if you choose - and I did. 8)

Most are looking for meaningless one night stands with women. And don't realise that women usually aren't interested in that.

Gay one night stands aren't that hard to make happen. But I see what you boast of as just irresponsible and dangerous and evidence of lack of self control. Sure if you are on Prep you won't catch HIV, but it will destroy your kidneys and won't protect you from the myriad of other diseases. You do not want an antibiotic resistant case of the clap I assure you.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 2:46 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
skibum wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
skibum wrote:
There are cases of people diagnosed with ASD where the causes of the symptoms ans traits are due to microbiome issues and/or to envirimental factors. For people like that, I believe that your methods could help them. But not every single person with ASD is in that category. Many are genetically Autistic. Those of us who are are not capable of being cured and most of us don't want to be.

I believe you that you cured yourself and even others. And I am very happy for you and for them. But I wish you would be careful not to say that this method is a one sized fits all because it is not.

I have never once said that it's one size fits all. Where are you getting that from?

My apologies. I must have somehow missread all of your posts.

Apology accepted. Strange how you could have misread all of them for the last ~9 years, though.
Yes, imagine that! And I am neither uneducated nor am I unable to understand the written language.

Wreck It Ralph

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 3:19 am

skibum wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
skibum wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
skibum wrote:
There are cases of people diagnosed with ASD where the causes of the symptoms ans traits are due to microbiome issues and/or to envirimental factors. For people like that, I believe that your methods could help them. But not every single person with ASD is in that category. Many are genetically Autistic. Those of us who are are not capable of being cured and most of us don't want to be.

I believe you that you cured yourself and even others. And I am very happy for you and for them. But I wish you would be careful not to say that this method is a one sized fits all because it is not.

I have never once said that it's one size fits all. Where are you getting that from?

Apology accepted. Strange how you could have misread all of them for the last ~9 years, though.
Yes, imagine that! And I am neither uneducated nor am I unable to understand the written language.

Have you suffered from multiple concussions or some other head trauma/brain injury? I've heard that can cause people to be very confused.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 11:19 am

goldfish21 wrote:
skibum wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
skibum wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
skibum wrote:

Have you suffered from multiple concussions or some other head trauma/brain injury? I've heard that can cause people to be very confused.
what makes you think I am confused?

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 11:37 am

I am not confused at all. In fact, the person who seems to be confused is you since you don't seem to be able to recognize my sarcasm.

Wreck It Ralph

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2021, 10:14 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
Illness or not... Comorbidity or not...

As long as it costs over the equivalent and total of 20 USD (that includes insurance itself), illegal/imported exclusive, or if it had to be available 24-7/dependent but not easily found anywhere (most mentioned diets, many meds so far), or requires meticulous maintenance (sterilization, tight lock storing, etc.) or procedures or exercises that needs high levels of privacy or trust (needing the toilet for few hours a day, going half naked, etc..)...

... All of these conditions cannot be done in my case.

Nor it can simply be done by anyone from where I came from unless they're at least as twice as more financially well off than my household.

And then add individual factors right after.

Otherwise I got no issues trying them all, really. :lol:
Or anyone that I know of.

From where I came from one cannot be afforded to be ill...
... Or healthier than simply not-ill. Unless it's zero budget. :twisted:

Some valid concerns for parts of the world where people don't have access to private bathroom facilities in their homes. I would think that some sort of central treatment centre facility would have to be setup, not unlike a small medical clinic - but simpler and purpose built solely for privacy, not for sterile surgical procedures etc.

Reality is weirder.

Generally, projects such as those exists only in major cities or possibly in isolated but sponsored areas.

Quote:
As for cost, well, it depends what $20 USD can buy you in your part of the world. Surely it buys you more than it buys me where I live. Also, that $20 USD you reference - is that per X interval of time? Or you mean $20 USD total budget for all treatments ever lifetime total one shot there are no more financial resources for healing foods/natural medicines?

20 USD in total. Or per month at most.

I currently cannot post a reliable link related to this, but yes dollars does have more buying power.

Quote:
FWIW, as an aside, when I did a quick google for the cost of a ND (iirc not an MD, an ND, Naturopathic Doctor) to process donor material into safe to consume FMT capsules of someone else' healthy bacterial strains, it was approximately $2,000.00 USD.

When I first began I was spending significantly more than that - approximately $30USD per week in addition to my regular diet. But that's because I dedicated 100% of the $150 CDN/month I had to healing things to ingest. If I had less money I would have optimized it and done the most I could as fast as I could, utilizing what herbs and other things I had access to. Heck, if I knew it was going to simply take longer I would grow my own garlic and make my own organic apple cider vinegar, even my own tumeric and black pepper, onions and oregano. etc. Where there's a will there's a way. If I couldn't afford to buy the things I needed from the farmer and the grocer I'd have grown and made them myself.

One thing that's certainly crossed my mind over the years about access to medicine, including naturally healing medicinal foods, herbs, oils etc, is that like most things in this world it's a massive mismatch of resources. There's an abundance of resources over all, it's simply that certain people in certain countries have most of them while others have next to none. There's no reason that there couldn't be some sort of aid, charity, sharing of resources etc just as there are with other medical resources. It could be an initiative of the Red Cross, WHO, Doctors Without Borders, some other NGO or a brand new entity - or even peer to peer direct assistance or crowdfunding etc. There are people on this Earth with more than they need that care about causes dear to them who are willing to fund things for those who cannot pay. In time, as these simple forms of treatment become much more recognized and commonplace, there may be more opportunities for connections between wealthier donors and others in critical need of resources to facilitate this. Maybe someday.

In the meantime, I am curious what some of these things cost where you live and what your budget is for any of them whatsoever and if you're legitimately willing to try consuming some of these things on a regular basis to see if they begin having beneficial results for you. It may only be a drop in 'fish's ocean to fund some essentials that would allow you to make soup and try some herbs/coconut oil/acv/probiotics etc. I would GUESS that my $CDN buy a lot more where you live than they do for me here and that what may be an insurmountable dollar amount for you to come up with to procure some basics of 'fish's initial medicinal diet likely cost less than some of my meals do here. I don't know where you live, but here, it costs me around $90-95 CDN to fill the gas tank in my little car. $20 USD, $50 USD, more - for someone to try something for their health if they're able to procure it and are willing to give it a go? These are expenses I can easily absorb.

I cannot post a reliable source or link of what the reality may looked like.

Again; reality is weirder.

Many here, while they like the net and even understand some English, they don't have financial savviness or similar ambition.

They don't go to fund me sites themselves. Really. The internet dynamic here is a bit wonky.

As a whole, incomes and expenses, it is very relative to the regions.
Many online sources only has stats coming from either the capital region and it's neighbors or the major cities.

2k USD might be something of a middle to upper middle-class household may get monthly in said regions.
But 2k USD is also what my household may attain in total... For every 4-8 months worth of time.
The wealth gap here is pretty big.

But to some extent the remarks are quite true; I came from the tropical archipelago, somewhere in Southeast Asia. :lol:

There may be more natural materials around here -- fresh food directly caught/plucked, specific items that are not easily found there.

But there are also little to no accessibility of the knowledge, quality equipment, environmental setups and professional services.

At least to the norm at large -- unless they live comfortably in the capital or in major cities. Or have an option to go abroad.

In my own case; I simply put 20 USD as a general limit budget per attempt of method/intake.

The space I live with for like since childhood -- sorry, I can't trust it to be clean nor private enough.

The rest is guess work -- no formal diagnosis (except AS itself, and a few chronic annoyances that isn't accurate enough -- the rest is acute stuff that are all in the past), no professional recommendations. Nothing tailored to me.

Only a few sayings and generalized recommendations like "don't eat too much X" or "take enough X". Those are just stuff within reach and can be heard by earshot.

Tried them all -- by weeks to months long -- so far no outcome is consistent. Nothing became better in a long run.
The weather might as well influenced my body more than said current dietary choices or attempts to mitigate anything detrimental so far.

All I got for now are a list of try-tos (which are unfulfilled due to the current conditions), a few pseudo-self diagnosis or theory of 'why', and a crude and disorganized form of bullet journaling in attempts to track whatever habits and reactions I got for the past 4 years, some trial and error also not always reliable.

:lol: Maybe except if I chance it with discounted DNA testing with health and lifestyle related reports someday.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2021, 12:18 pm

Challenges indeed.

I can hear my dad saying "Well, what can we do?" - what he might typically say when we're building something and run into some sort of problem/delay/challenge to overcome.

Do what ya Can. Learn what you can, try what you can with what you have.

For myself, the first discovery was the salicylate acid sensitivity and using epsom salts on my skin to absorb the magnesium and sulphur needed to excrete out the excess food acids via urination. I had many of the possible signs and symptoms at the time - dark circles under my eyes, depression/anxiety/executive functioning problems. So, since epsom salts are very inexpensive I gave it a try. Within 5 days the worst depression, anxiety, and audio sensitivity of my entire life were all but completely lifted. I went from avoiding people for months to 5 days later I was sitting in a busy pub for lunch with some visiting relatives.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran